Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

According to Dengenki Online, Yasunori Mitsuda has confirmed he is currently working on 4 games, however he wasn't allowed to mention the titles of any of them. Fortunately, he was able to announce two other projects he is working on. One is a mix of music, pictures, and story. It's called Kirite, and Mitsuda is working with Chrono Cross writer/designer Masato Kato on it. The other is a Chrono Cross Arrange Album (like "Xenogears Creid", or "Chrono Trigger Brink of Time").

Both Kirite and the CC Arrange Album will be published by Sleigh Bells. Kirite is scheduled for a May release, and the CC Arrange Album is scheduled for a July release.

But i do wonder what those other 4 games are, and if a new Chrono title is among them. After all, he is working with freelancer Masato Kato thesedays. Maybe theres something more. Fingers crossed.

The official website (with sound samples) is here for those interested. Absolutely beautiful presentation. Recommended.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 07, 2005 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

meh, i'd want more of a chrono trigger 2(ie, back to time travel) than a squaresoft sequel.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea, that seems to be the general direction fans want the series to go in. They're usually begging for a Chrono Trigger II, never a Chrono Cross II.
    Personally, i want to see a brand new Chrono game, with a fresh cast of characters and settings, but as you said, with the time travel element back. That was always awesome.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, the dual realities thing was too fucked up, and they seemed like they were trying to compete with suikoden with the character recruitment deal.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sounds great. I like all of the samples.

WRT Chrono *: I must be the only one who likes parallel worlds better than time travelling and thinks the later is more fucked up ^_^.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

time travel i found more interesting because nothing was the same in different eras, except chest placements in the 2 medievil times, which was cool cuz you could raid a chest in the past and it'd be open in the future, or you could get the chest in the future and still get it again in the past. with time travel you had 6 time eras to explore, rather than 2 realities.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, i remember enjoying both in their own way, although probably Chrono Cross more so. I liked the way they created a non-linear game structure out of a linear story, especially as it added more replay value to the New Game+ function.

In any case, im very much looking forward to Kirite. It seems like a very unique approach to making music, having one person specifically writing a story, and another creating the visual images. The samples sound very good too.