Valid for the whole thread, but please keep saying so in every post:

(Note to DR: Don't worry with this thread, I'll take care of it, don't get spoiled, even if you don't mind it. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

***** XENOGEARS COMPLETE SPOILERS *****
***** VIRUS MAJOR SPOILERS *****

You should finish the game and watch the movie before reading this. (The movie is optional, I bet if you haven't watched it but you have beaten the game, you'll want to watch the movie madly after reading this post [img]smile.gif[/img] .)

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">
I've just watched the movie "Virus" on TV, and I'm amazed on how similar the movie is to some things of Xenogears. Here are the similarities between the movie and The -Story-:

First off, the self-conscious, intelligent computer in the ship is -Deus-.

It's on a ship, the -Eldridge-. Change "ocean" for "space".

It uses many robots for work and defense, the -Seraphs-.

The -Seraphs- are made with of -Wels- (dead humans), and are terminal interface weapons of god.

The computer killed everybody on the ship, using the own ship parts to do so.

The captain of the Russian ship (i.e. the -Eldridge-) tried to destroy it, but failed and died doing so.

The computer is awakened by the people and starts acting again.

The computer wants to take over the world. -Deus- wanted to take over the Universe.

For doing so, the computer plans to invade an unhabited island and use it as a base for a worldwide attack. -Deus- planned to take over an unhabited planet and use it as a base for a universe-wide attack, once terraformed.

The captain of the small ship is Krelian. He was desperate, and all he cared for was himself. In the end, he became one with god.

And finally, the beautiful Russian scientist girl who gave her life to save everybody would be -Elehayym-, although one could also think that after slaying god, the couple who escaped flying together are Elly and Fei.

Everything else is all different, but aren't these enough similarities? These facts made me enjoy the movie 200%. (Otherwise, I would have probably disliked the movie because of the gore.)
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

?
?
?
?
?

*****END OF SPOILERS*****

Please remember to mark all spoilers in your posts, per post.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 18, 2003 06:50 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>