Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you belive that people with special abilities exist? Do you belive in telekinesis, levitation, clarvoyance, etc?
    Nobody has ever porven the existance of such powers but many speak of them.
    I am a skeptic and i say that such thigs cannot exist. They were invented by people who couldn't "find a rational explanation" for certain events.

<font color="#101010" size="1">[ April 23, 2004 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Allchimistul ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think people can do them, as we only have used 10% of our brains, and look at what we've achieved already? I'm sure that at even 30%, we'd have some type of powers. Although I do doubt that anyone has done them at this point in time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IRT Al:

Do you belive in telekinesis, levitation, clarvoyance, etc?

Telekinesis and levitation would require an additional, undiscovered form of energy. Clarvoyance is even stranger. I'll quote Carl Sagan: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." I won't believe in that only because my aunt says so or I have seen it on some low-budget sensationalist TV documentary. Once it's properly studied, and once scientists can detect a reliable cause-effect relation on this, I'll <s>believe</s> know it's true. Believing is not in my agenda.

They were invented by people who couldn't "find a rational explanation" for certain events.

Exactly. Unless and until proven otherwise, these are old people's tales. And IF some of them do exist after all, there must be a completely precise, logic, scientific explanation and laws behind it, as a part of the Universe. If something exists, it's not supernatural, it's natural, no matter how unfrequent and curious. Magic begins and end in people's imagination. Also keep in mind that mirrors looked like pure magic to indians, yet there's a very easy explanation behind them and they are nowhere out of Science and the laws of Physics, only they didn't know.

IRT Xel:

I think people can do them, as we only have used 10% of our brains, and look at what we've achieved already? I'm sure that at even 30%, we'd have some type of powers.

But although we do use only a small part of our brain, the rest of it is made of the same thigns, and it doesn't look like it's special and it may produce strange effects. Maybe they do exist and Science hasn't discovered and understood them yet, but scientists haven't found any clue that makes them think there could be some really amazing powers waiting for us if we used all of our brains, other than outstanding intelligence and memory.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ohh, so it was an urban legend... Interesting. I thought it was true for years. Damn it. Damn stupid paranormal guys, the only paranormal thing here is themselves.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea, I've known it for awhile, but I wanted to make sure my thinking was correct.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It most surely is; I knew about the activity graphs, and the basics of its structure, as well as the fact most of it is made of pretty much the same things. I also knew that if a part of the brain is damaged, the nearing parts will eventually take care of its functions, often rather successfully, and that memory is distributed so when you lose something, you lose details, not complete events. I wonder how I could know all this and still assume what I always heard about the 10% thing was right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

&gt;_&lt; *Never heard of that being an urban legend* It's widespread... teachers tell us it alot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've had to correct quite a few of my teachers on things.

Like those old TV ads, knowledge is power!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lmao nice article, i wanna see more XD theres a show on discovery channel called myth busters, its pretty coolz ^_^

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast