Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, you're right about the direction and level design. IMO I still think you need to learn the stages, besides, if their so linear, why haven't you learnt them yet?

Also, it's a extremely deep game. Rankings, emblems, chao raising (if you can stomach it), killing Omachao and multiplayer (not very deep in itself, but still fun). And most importantly, unlockables. It was an insult for SA1 to have no extras for emblems. Playing Green Hill Zone in 3d is one of those things that a sonic fan must do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ugh, I really hated Knuckles/Rouge levels, and Tails/Eggman levels. Those stages became a chore to play Sonic/Shadow stages.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exactly. The only reason I liked SA1 more than SA2 is the story and only Big's levels were really gay.

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yea, Rouge and Knuckles were really hard the first. But, gotta get used to them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i take it back, games are too easy these days to not own. since they've gone 3d, gamings difficulty has kinda hit the shitter. i just don't put the time into em i used to, too damn many of em out, and on the horizon. *waits very impatiently for X-M:L*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

3D games can be hard too, Sonic Adventure 2 is hard because of bad stage design, terrible camera angles, and bad gameplay in non-Sonic/Shadow levels. Xenosaga has a few hard bosses, really hard unless you're correctly leveled (you don't need to level up at all, but if you do something stupid or skip all the enemies, you'll get a good beating by the bosses later). Phantasy Star Online Offline was pretty damn hard, especially if you went for the hottest girl who is magic-oriented and has low STR.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Most games are easy nowadays. A goood example is Metroid Fusion-Super Metroid.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by -Wiseman-:
    3D games can be hard too, Sonic Adventure 2 is hard because of bad stage design, terrible camera angles, and bad gameplay in non-Sonic/Shadow levels. Xenosaga has a few hard bosses, really hard unless you're correctly leveled (you don't need to level up at all, but if you do something stupid or skip all the enemies, you'll get a good beating by the bosses later). Phantasy Star Online Offline was pretty damn hard, especially if you went for the hottest girl who is magic-oriented and has low STR.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,sans-serif">yeah, but compare either sonic adventure to any of the genesis titles. i mean you recall how long it took ya to beat the first finl robotnic stage back then? sonic 1 the only method of offense you had was jumping on the other guys head. the roll was very slow and not worth doing, unlike the revving technique introduced by sonic 2. pso wasn't made for offline play anyway. and xenosaga doesn't have much to be compared to.

yeah, metroid fusion compared to metroid 1, forget about it. just like the zelda games compared to the first one. you didn't where to bomb or burn in there, but they just give it away these days. how does an elf know how to use all those different types of weapons anyway?

generally in an rpg, the most challenging thing is "where do i you go next?" you spend more time trying to figure that out than you do in boss fights. in morrowinds case it's "did they give good enough directions or what?" cuz you could be traveling as far east and west and whatnot as they say and what you're lookin for could be north or somethin.

action titles forget about it. they challenge ya as you go through em, but once you know every technique and how to put em all together it's all over for the difficulty.

even fps's are getting easier, halo was nothing compared to doom. cool features compared to doom, but it was still nothing.

there are some 3d games i'll admit are tough. generally spy games. take splinter cell. it's basically metal gear on steroids. you gotta use amo conservatively but you also have to disable cameras and lights, and not sounds alarms as much, in some stages at all. and the stage could end if in another part of the stage you weren't careful enough in hiding a body. but in the end it's like acion games, once you know how to utilize all the skils and tools, it gets easier and easier.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As for why you found PSO offline hard, it's cause you chose a hard class for a beginner [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah but I chose the hottest girl around. When choosing a character, I don't care for the stats, I go for the best looking girl and I'm set ^_^' .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast