Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DKP and me...(For lack of a better title)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Hiyas, and ummm, well I was appraised of some of the details of this system just last night, and I can see valid points from everyone, I will have to take a closer look at how this system will work to understand all your different views before I can give an informed opinion on it.

Gomer, please stick around, I do not think we will lose our "family" atmospere, or at least I hope not, but the others do have valid issues on how some of the items we might encounter should be destributed, and since we are getting stronger and more able to try new and more chalenging places, the resulting loot will be more desirable I think. So, what is the answer to the dilemma? just what we have started here, a discusion with input from all, so we can perhaps find a compromise acceptable to everyone, or most everyone. For myself, I will re-read the previous posts, and the ones that follow, listen to what everyone says, and hopefully be able to contribute some usefull ideas to the mix, anything we can do to keep the fun and enjoyment in our raids, but still allow for a fair method of loot rewards (maybe wrong term, sorry) is a worthy goal.

Well, see you in game, luck and good hunting !

Inactive Member Gorams Winbringer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's some more of my comments.
    I can see where keeping records on points earned during a raid would be fairly easy. But points earned outside the raid would be another matter. Here are some questions I have:

Would a group of 3 or more be considered an LDK group? Does the group have to be after an item for a guildie or can it be for a non-guildie? Do u still get points for a failure? Does the item have to be No-Drop? Does the item have to be for an epic? How about LDoN items? (Conred is after an Anger3 aug that will require about 12 more adv). Does an officer have to be on-line to verify the groups activity?
    Im not trying to shoot down anyone, just pointing out that any points earned outside the raid system will need to be clearly stated.
    Gor, Con and the gang.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Heya all! =p imo guild merit system is best. The leader and officers talk on private channel and decides who gets loot! All the stuffs youz thinkz r the rules! like- who is on most, upgrades, level, personality possibly, able to use best. Many things you will talk over easily, b/c u know eachother well, some may not be, but deciding for your guild will always be more fair (because you as individuals are) then rules that always need updating or have flaws. Yadda yadda yadda i haveta leave my schoolo soo-o cuttin it short~ Hiyas! and Gael! GAELdogg! Please post a time i could meet you one last time on EQ =). Needta kill account sometime hehe 8(. Apples all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oooh that's a good idea Sub, I never really thought of it that way. I'm up for it if the members/other officers are. I just want something that'll be nice and fair for everyone.... [img]wink.gif[/img]

....and of course for Gnomer to stay...*pokepoke botherbotherGnomer!!!*
    ('")@.@("') PANDA COMMANDS YOU TO STAY, DARN IT!!!

**EDIT/PS** Mebbe try contacting Gael by e-mail? shrugs .^_^.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 27, 2005 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Muyah Puppyfeetz ]</font>

Inactive Member remmirath Starnetter's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello LDK

I have been reading the posts as it concerns to raiding. I am one of the people who just don't get to play a whole lot, and when I do have a lot of time to play it seems that it is late at night when you all have been tucked up in bed for some time unfortunately. Sundays for me just suck, and rarely do I get more than an hour to play and see you all.

Having said that, I just simply love to play with my friends in the guild and I truely feel at home with this FAMILY.

I feel guilt at not being on to help you all out more often. I tend to not group with you all cause my time is always short on the game and I do not wish to interfere with the play time of my fellow guildies because they have to find another replacement after a short time. I spend most of my time now playing my necromancer Getofmefoot because I still can play and try to enjoy everyones company for the short time thatmy family/life and general commitments allow me.

I feel a little guilty as I was very fortunate to have won a random to recieve a ornate guantlet mold from Sol ro. It is true to what others have said above that I did not take the time to think that there was probably dozens of my friends in the guild that should have recieved such an item before me. For this I appologize to those who could have used the mold.

I put to the guild that on future raids that I can attend I do not wish to roll or bid on any items, I would much rather see my friends recieve rewards for their dedication and efforts towards the elevation of this great guild.

I truely hope that all concerned can find a way to help the officers find the best for this raid system.

Myself.... I just feel great when I get the chance to catch upto my friends, and if I can get to spend some grp or raid time or just run past them and say hello.... it makes it worth the time I have to play even better.

To those who are trying to find the best solution...I probably did not add anything to help...sorry.

I look forward to the times I can see you all.

Remmi

Thuds his axe to his chest and bows low to the LDK..........

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

REMMI: I feel a little guilty as I was very fortunate to have won a random to recieve a ornate guantlet mold from Sol ro...

...I put to the guild that on future raids that I can attend I do not wish to roll or bid on any items, I would much rather see my friends recieve rewards for their dedication and efforts towards the elevation of this great guild.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">/Salute: You should feel no guilt whatsoever and for you to sacrifice future upgrades because you can not make the Sundays or play as often as some is not an option! I for one have NO doubt that you will earn points for Sundays you can make it and via the other options (or whatever system is choosen) that the officers are still working out.

[img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well ok looks like I'll stick around and see how the system works out. Seems that the dkp system I had in my head and the one we are going to use are very different things.

From what I've gotten from talking to Ediena this might just be a more family based system than what I had been using. Its not perfect from what I've heard so far but nothing ever is right off the bat. Hopefully eventually this may just become a good idea and we will smooth out all the kinks in it.

Remmi don't feel bad about winning the gaunts with your short schedule, its exactly that reason that made me post this in the first place. Each of us has as much right to improve ourselves as the other and you won those gaunt fair and square.

So yah I'm here for now and on a side note this is now the 3rd most popular post on our boards...ever. Figures that I would be responsible for making it. Anyways see you all in game for now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Hi folks [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I wont try to answer all of your posts, I think most questions have been answered or will be answered shortly. I was unable to address the issue of not much playing time very well. However, hopefully the task system will give people an idea on something to accomplish during the time they have, and will reward them as well.
    Please everyone, keep in mind these are just suggestions, with no testserver lol. We can change these or modify them at any time.
    We could do like Subtomic suggested, however i feel some members may want a little more say in what happens than just letting the officers choose.
    Legendary Dark Knights will continute to grow and become more powerful through loyalty, performance and effort. The officers and I need a way to distribute loot. A point system to distribute loot (via silent auction) will solve both issues, encouraging participation, and giving us a fair way to distribute. Keep in mind this is not a point race, we are all friends here. This is not to make a competition out of the whole deal but merely a way to keep track of it. If a guildee needs an item more than i do, you'll likely not see me bid at all.....

anyways, i'm going to post the task list I've come up with on a new topic. It is very very far from being complete, but should get us started.
    Nothing is set in stone folks, point values, whatever, lets talk about it. However, I'm hoping the task system will go live after raid on Sunday...

Ediena

PS. Gael talk to me!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*agrees with Edi*

I try not to roll on stuff when I know it has a stat or effect that someone else could get much better use from it. Like on the GE raid, 100 mana would have been nice but I all ready have a good range item that helps my nukes and I don't need a gate to DLs. Just something I think you guys should all consider when bidding. If you don't need it that bad you might as well just save your points and let someone more needy have it. =)

...and Remmi, you shouldn't feel bad. I've felt bad because from what I've seen you're always willing to help if you can but just never have the time. It's the thought and effort that counts as far as I care..I was verrry happy to see you get those gloves. I think you've earned em! [img]wink.gif[/img]

And I guess don't worry too bad about the point system..like Edi said it's not set in stone and if you want a chance at changing something input an opinion on the other topic or /tell her. I think it'll be a trial and error thing but we'll find something that works well for us! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heya! Just gonna post some stuffs on merit.. if ya want, this is how merit goes: Naggy drops a CoF,! Alrighty, gratz all! send Muyah Tells for <Cloak of Flames>. Muyah tells the channel who wants in. Then ya go Kill Voxx for eyepatch. Send tells to Ediena for <eyepatch>. Ediena would then send the private channel of officers everyone who wanted in. Then if no single person was chosen, a selected random will be rolled between the few. (for multiple drops, have one officer to recieve tells per loot item).
    Then they would decide who needs, upgrade, ability to use, contributed on other raids, items won over the raids, ect...
    Lets flashback to the beginning of raid, each person is allowed one item from raid, when lesser items drop, people who actually want them, have a MUCH higher chance of getting it, b/c everyone else who wants the bestest stuffs will not roll. Once you win somethin, no trading of roll like, "oh that dropped? i want that, here, u can reroll on this, i want in-(no! nnno!)"
    This is little scrambled but frost and ace r over talkling lol, well anywho, just be carefull choosing a loot system, i've been in some guilds and seein DKP tear some apart, feel like merit is best! G'luck with the adventures!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12