Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Almost three years ago, I hung up my tradeskilling cap due to the fact that tradeskills were too dang expensive. However, I have now found a quick (and inexpensive, OMG) way to raise my jewelcraft from 200 to 300. This is done using scale ore to craft palladium jewelry. The only problem is that it requires farming of scale ore from DoN lands.

Basically I need scale ore from Stillmoon Laborers in the Stillmoon Temple. It can also be foraged from Lavaspinner's Lair, Stillmoon Temple, and the Broodlands. So, I'm asking you not to throw it away or to treat it as vendor trash!!! I will gladly accept all scale ore in order to skill up. Any palladium jewelry I make will be up for grabs to guildies or alts for free.

That's all I got. Stillmoon laborers are decent XP for high 50s to low 60s and can be single grouped from the entrance. That's a hint I'm dropping as I plan on XPing here to kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By the way, for all the would-be bakers out there, check out Beer-Braised Tuna Rolls (the new and improved Fish Rolls!!!) to get an easy and cheap (in fact you'll probably make money in the long run, instead of lose it) skill up to 200 bakery. (PS - you will also be 200 fishing by the time this is done, or maybe you just suck at fishing).

First start off with fish rolls (batwings + fresh fish). You can cheat and purchase the fish from a vendor in Freeport, but why? [boggle] You won't learn to fish that way (unless you're already a master bai- I mean fisher). Batwings can be purchased from spell component vendors (ie Freeport) 'cause us casters need them for levi spells. This will take you all the way to skill 135! (Also, many other bakers will tell you to do other recipes first, but I'm all about recipes with mostly vendor purchased items that are cheap or items that involve other tradeskills because it's just quicker that way). For this, I recommend Freeport because it's a place I know of where all the components are handy in one location. This is where I did it so long ago anyway. BONUS - you can sell all that trash you fish up (like the nasty sandals) for extra SP!!! Hehe.

Next step... Head to the Abysmal Sea.
    This is a longer one...

For this recipe, you will need a few more steps, but it's just as easy and inexpensive. First, fish in the Abysmal Sea and catch tuna. Your tuna will be something like a X lb saltwater tuna, where X is a number from 1-15. What you need is 1 lb saltwater tuna, so put your tuna in a mixing bowl, combine, and BAM! (courtesy of Emeril) you have a total of X 1lb saltwater tunas (trivial 16 baking). Combine a single 1lb saltwater tuna in the same mixing bowl and you have Tuna Meat (trivial 39 baking), set it aside.

Next step, Beer-Braising Sauce (yes, sorry, you must be approx 100 skill brewer). Or have master brewers like me make it for you and sell it to you for cost. Combine short beer, red wine, vinegar, cup of sugar, and ground pepper (all vendor purchased in Abysmal Sea for cheap) and receive beer-braising sauce (trivial 90 brewing).

Next Step, Beer-Braised Tuna Meat. Remeber that tuna meat? Pick it up and put it in the mixing bowl with a beer-braising sauce. Combine (trivial 82 baking) and receive Beer-Braised Tuna Meat.

Combine one Beer-Braised Tuna Meat with a Batwing (locally purchased here too!) and you've just found a recipe that will take you all the way to skill 202. Congrats, you're now at least skill 200 baker in two easy recipes.

I know the second recipe is a little involved, but like I said, as far as availability of materials (no farming involved, unless you count fishing, but fish are practically unlimited) and cost of materials (everything here is less than 1gp), this is by far the quickest and cheapest way that I have found to be a 200 baker.

Have fun.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MMMMMmmmmmmmmm ... Tuna... um scales ya i'll save em ... MMMmmmmm Tuna *drools*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

W00t improved fishrolls... (I think they should have fishrolls with stats on em!! wait.. unless that does have stats? =P)

I will forage compulsively for you whenever I go to DoN zones.. and if I ever find it on a merchant I will buy and stoof! *nods*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Jewelcraft mastery

What is so extra in ordinary jewelry?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Jewelcraft mastery

Good afternoon, I recently bought myself a rather expensive and beautiful piece of jewelry. To a site that sells mens gold chains. I bought a great chain that I really like. Many people who buy jewelry do not understand its meaning or its origin. And to be precise, I'm talking about manual work, it costs quite a lot, but the strength of real people and a little of their soul are invested in such products, and this is more expensive than the alloy itself.