Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I decided I should post some info about making the oow augments (is why I got my poison skill up) because I'm sure all of you have seen those augments that go for 100-200k..and so you all know what goes into it...how much it costs and yadda yadda..and also because I'm sure I'd lose the sheet of paper I wrote all this down on anyway lol.

First you need to know about the augments. They can basicly be divided into 2 groups: Flowstones and... weird named augments. ***ALL of these augments fit into augment slots 7, 8, and 12.

The first group of augments is flowstone. These all fit in the NECK,FACE,SHOULDER,BACK,and WAIST armor slots. They give you basic stats (STR, AGI, and so on) and resists. Here are the flowstones:

Bloodflow-- STR
    Boneflow-- WIS
    Fireflow-- AGI
    Mudflow-- STA
    Skyflow-- CHA
    Starflow-- INT
    Waterflow-- DEX

Emberflow-- Fire Resist
    Mossflow-- Disease Resist
    Shadowflow-- Poison Resist
    Stormflow-- Cold Resist
    Voidflow-- Magic Resist

Then there are the weird named ones which give things like Shielding effects, DS, and other things. ***Each of these augs go in a specific armor slot, so make sure you are able to put it where you want to.

Apatite-- Stun Resist (NECK only)
    Celestine-- Spell Shielding (WAIST only)
    Citrine-- + DS (SHOULDER only)
    Howlite-- Strike Through (FACE only)
    Kyanite-- + HP (ARMS, HANDS, and FEET slots)
    Sodalite-- + Mana/Endurance (HEAD, WRIST, and RANGE slots)
    Sphalerite-- DoT Shielding (BACK only)
    Titanite-- HP Regen (CHEST only)
    Tourmaline-- Mana Regen (HEAD only)

There's one more thing you need to know about these augs...They can be upgraded by cutting them, but the better stats you can get the higher chance to fail on the combine, so it's up to you to decide if you want to go all-the-way or settle with a lesser augment. Here's the difference between uncut and cut augments:

UNCUT Augments: These are what mobs drop (They never drop cut augments) Any mob in oow zones can drop any aug. (This is an educated guess..) ***You need to cut augments if you want better stats on it..as well as add a focus effect. Flowstones start out with +4 to a stat/resist. (Since the weird named augments have more diverse effects they're going to be in list-form)

1) Stun Resist, DoT Shielding, Spell Shielding, and Strike Through all start at 1%
    2) The DS augment starts at +2 DS
    3) HP and Mana regen augments start at 1 regen
    4) The + HP and Mana/Endurance augments start out at + 10 HP and Mana/Endurance

POLISHED Augments: These are simply buffed up by a Jeweler with buffing sheets and it has a trivial of 296. They can be used to make a lesser Augment, but you can't make say....A Polished Whatever with Suchandsuch effect. Flowstone augments upgrade to +6 to their given stat. However, most weird named augments don't upgrade, even though they get polished. ***Despite this they are STILL usable in augment recipes.

1) Stun Resist, DoT Shielding, Spell Shielding, and Strike Through all stay at 1%
    2) The DS augment stays at +2 DS
    3) HP and Mana regen augments stay at 1 regen
    4) The + HP and Mana/Endurance augments upgrade a little to + 15 HP and Mana/Endurance

BRILLIANT Cut Augments: These are the second best cut augments. Jewelers use hydroabrasive in their recipe to make these, which trivials at a frustrating 327 JC skill. Flowstones become +8 to a stat/resist.

1) Stun Resist, DoT Shielding, Spell Shielding, and Strike Through all upgrade to 2%
    2) The DS augment upgrades to +4 DS
    3) HP and Mana regen augments upgrate to 2 regen
    4) The + HP and Mana/Endurance augments upgrade to + 30 HP and Mana/Endurance

RADIANT Cut Augments: This is the best cut possible. Jewelers use fine hydroabrasive in the recipe and can get this..unfortunately the trivial is a whopping 351..so failure will probably be common, depending on the Jeweler's skill. (There are aa's and JC mods to decrease chances of failure) Flowstones get +12 to their stat/resist.

1) Stun Resist, DoT Shielding, Spell Shielding, and Strike Through all upgrade to 3%
    2) The DS augment upgrades to +6 DS
    3) HP and Mana regen augments upgrate to 3 regen
    4) The + HP and Mana/Endurance augments upgrade to + 45 HP and Mana/Endurance

So....how do you get focus effects onto these silly augments? That's where the magic of Poisoncrafting (and smithing) come in. Yippee. The focus effects are determined by which Mark of suchandsuch I buy. (They are NO DROP so I have to buy them from the poison merchant) ***ANY focus effect can be added onto ANY type of augment. They all cost the same and have the same trivial in the end, so don't worry about one focus effect being any more difficult to make than the others. Here's a list of the different Marks and their focus effects:

Mark of Aggression-- Improved Damage
    Mark of Alacrity-- Enhancement Haste
    Mark of Battle-- + Attack
    Mark of Celerity-- Affliction Haste
    Mark of Dexterity-- Improved Dodge
    Mark of Efficiency-- Mana Preserve
    Mark of Extension-- Extended Enhancement
    Mark of Ferocity-- Ferocity
    Mark of Haste-- Haste
    Mark of Healing-- Improved Healing
    Mark of Potency-- Affliction Efficiency
    Mark of Quickness-- Spell Haste
    Mark of Sight-- Ultravision
    Mark of Sundering-- Cleave
    Mark of Virility-- Burning Affliction

Of course, I'm sure you guys have seen a bladeeblaa of "Pure" somethingrather or "Minor" somethingrather..and as some of you know that Discordant Scoriae and Slugworms are also used to make focus effect augments. There are also Trean flies. Now it's time to explain what these different things do to the different levels of focus effects.

MINOR Focus Effects: (Trean Flies)

TRIVIAL: 327 Poisoncraft/Alchemy

1) Focus Effects level 3
    2) + 10 Attack
    3) Improved Dodge, Ferocity, and Cleave 1
    4) 20% Haste
    5) Ultravision

NORMAL Focus Effects: (Augment of Minor Focus Effect + **White Gold Inlay)(Slugworms + Dust of Discord)

TRIVIAL: 296 Poisoncraft/Alchemy

1) Focus Effects level 4
    2) + 20 Attack
    3) Improved Dodge, Ferocity, and Cleave 2
    4) 30% Haste
    5) Plainsight

PURE Focus Effects: (Augment of Minor Focus Effect + **Black Gold Inlay)(Discordant Scoriae)

TRIVIAL: 327 Poisoncraft/Alchemy

1) Focus Effects level 5
    2) + 30 Attack
    3) Improved Dodge, Ferocity, and Cleave 3
    4) 40% Haste
    5) Faerune

...Augments of MINOR focus effects are used in ALL augment recipes..Be sure to /random on Trean Flies if you're grouping in an oow zone. (I have no idea how much they sell for in the bazaar...) And of course random on Slugworms and Discordant Scoriae too..because those cost way too much for me to afford and I'm sure you're not going to want to pay 25-110k for them either. ***Dust of Discord is a part in making White Gold Inlay therefor is a part in making of the NORMAL focus augments. BUT it is only used in that recipe, so if you decide to go for a PURE focus effect then you don't need to worry about it..../random for it either way though..

And, just to show you what else goes into the combine and how much it costs (without buying Trean Flies/Slugworms/Discordant Scoriae/Dust of Discord)..Keep in mind it's any type of aug + any of the focuses from the listed Marks..

Polished Augment (JC Trivial: 296)
    UNCUT Augment + Buffing Sheets

Brilliant Augment (JC Trivial: 327)
    UNCUT Augment + Hydroabrasive(31.5pp) + Gem Cutter

Radiant Augment (JC Trivial: 351)
    UNCUT Augment + Fine Hydroabrasive(53pp) + Gem Cutter

***Now the following product depends on what you feel like trying to risk while getting your augment cut...You can't use an UNCUT aug. Using a POLISHED augment results in a NORMAL augment (Example: A Polished Apatite becomes an Apatite of Minor Focus Effect) A BRILLIANT augment results in a BRILLIANT augment and a RADIANT results in a RADIANT augment. The difference is in stats and the augment cut difficulty. **ALL the cut augments trivial at 327 when you're trying to give it a Minor Focus Effect.

***CUT Augment of Minor Focus Effect (Poisoncraft/Alchemy Trivial: 327)
    Dihedral Burin (31pp) + Mark of Focus Effect (1.5pp) + CUT Augment + Hydrated/Reduced Amber Resin (210-318.5pp) + Treanic Acid

Here's another choice you have to make. You can make a NORMAL focus effect aug or a PURE focus effect one. NORMAL is cheaper and has the easier poisoncraft/smithing trivials and components, but with weaker focus effects. PURE focus effect augs have rarer components, tougher trivials, and cost more, but have better focus effects. **ALL cut augments getting a NORMAL focus effect trivial at 296, and all cut augments getting a PURE focus effect trivial at 327.

I might as well restate that Slugworms + Dust of Discord go into making the White Gold Inlay, and Discordant Scoriae goes into the Black Gold Inlay..

CUT Augment of Focus Effect (Poisoncraft/Alchemy Trivial: 296)
    CUT Augment of Minor Focus Effect + White Gold Inlay (1050pp and Smithing Trivial: 307)

CUT Augment of PURE Focus Effect (Poisoncraft/Alchemy Trivial: 327)
    CUT Augment of Minor Focus Effect + Black Gold Inlay (6300pp and Smithing Trivial: 327)

~~~~~~~~~

Currently I'm at 275 poison skill with an item mod of 3%..so with it I have 283 skill. I'm planning to farm some poison stuff to get to 295 skill, which is 304 with mod. I'm also thinking at that point I should make or buy an Artisan Seal to make my Grandmaster thingy with 5% mod. That'd get me to 310 mod'd skill...(The poison supplies I'm going to go for are Nohope moss from Frogloks in Swamp of No Hope, Frosty Daturas from Tundra Yetis in DLs, and Shriveled Flesh from undead in Kithicor Forest at night..in case you guys want to help me.) I also plan to get Poison Mastery (50% less chance to fail poison combines) and Salvage (can get items back from failed combines) ...it'll cost me a grand total of 33 aa's total..but it'll happen some day..

Aaaand one last thing..a special thanks to all the LDKers who helped me get poison supplies and such. I really appreciate it and hope to be able to make augments ASAP. Thanks! [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 01, 2006 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Kayeotic Bladesiren ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nicely put together Kay.....maybe you can help me with learning a trade skill soon. Not sure which I should work on first

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found this nice little websight a while ago...http://plurpage.com/everquest/aug.php.... this may help

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Hey, if you need Monk or Wizzie to help just ask ! unless I have already made a commitment to assist anyone else am always happy to help [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so kaye, that means you will finally take all the augs i find in ds that i normally offer you for 2 hours before giving up and selling it to bazaar bots? =P

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You have been hard at work, Sissy Kaye. I would be happy to help you farm for items to help you in your skill ups. I need a change of pace. I'm kinda tired of being a fairy everyday. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is a Tiny lil bit of a chance that Discordant scoriae drops from Dranik hollows:Murkiglider's hive murks ... can be real easy unless its lvl 65 + instanced ... those hurt especially 70 one ... *shivers*

Anyway those Murks are undead, so clerics and paladins can probably go through them with ease.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a tiny update (and I need to bump this and stuff so hah!) umm..I have 279 poison craft now...I think..lol. And I made my grandmaster poison vial thing! Which was the 5% mod so I'm pretty happy =) Now just need aa's and bleh..but I was making some poisons that trivialed at 335 and I didn't fail very often.. so maybe augments are doable.

Blah so anyway I've got nardoo coming out my ears (and then some) so I'm sure I'll score some skillups from them..I just need to fight the boredem and actually do it.. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nardoooooooooooooooooooooooo...

No really I have something to contribute for once. There are new tradeskill trophies to be made/had in Freeport. They are evolving items that level based off combines and at max level (7) they add 15% to you skill. If you suck like me you can get em at a weak arse level and dodge making the first GM trophy entirely, which screws you outta a nice 100% WR bag but who cares about such things. Too bad I think you passed that point Kaye so you get to make tradeskill trophy...maybe you can trade Nardoo for it.

Either way 345 skill on combines is always nice, esp when it is lame Tinkering with no mastery.