Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Only two days old news, yet the best thing I have heard all week.

Rytan quit! Happiness abounds. As he said in his parts post below:

Repost from EQLive post entitled peace:

As of this week I?ve taken a position on another game team working on an unannounced title here at SOE. It was a difficult decision for me to make as I still love EverQuest. Ultimately after 4 and a half years, 9 expansions, and what seems like a million spells it?s time for me to move on to something new. I wish I could tell you more about the project I?m moving to, but you?ll hear about it soon enough! When you do, I hope you?ll be as excited to play it as I am to work on it.

My time on this team has been great, and I wouldn?t trade it for anything. I?ve very much enjoyed working with all of the players that have participated in all of the betas, and all the people that took the time to send me feedback on all manner of issues. Thanks for making us make this game better.

I?ll still be around a bit to address some lingering issues and answer a few questions on the boards if needed, and I?m sure I?ll run into many of you in other games. Until then, thanks for playing the game that our team has put so much of our hearts into!

-Ryan

Once more I think we can finally hope for some real new spells to come out, I don't know how many of you have been paying attention to spells recently but god have they sucked. Hostboard bad for suckage. So now that the pita designer is gone I can look forward to some new spells that might be worth getting new expansion, whew.

On another note if you want to see just how loved Rytan was I suggest checking out the following thread.

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=1938

Excuse me now, going back to dancing around in joy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol

Wow. I kinda feel bad for the guy..but I guess that's because before I looked the this thread and the one you linked I didn't have any clue who he was. But..apparently he had something to do with spells? And who is Ngreth? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rytan was the designer in charge of spells lol.

Ngreth is the new designer SOE just hired, he has been a real great worker for the traderskillers over at EQTraders and so Sony offered him a job being the new tradeskill designer. I agree though, he is great, best designer at Sony now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ah oh well, hopefully the new guy will make the spells just as good as ryan...hopefully

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

N00b!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned