Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Since it seems to be the mood around here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not useless, some ideas, and yes, have been meaning to do something about the website for a long while, I just need to dedicate some time to learn what I need to know to do what is needed, once the site is back to normal, I will start on it again, suggestions are welcome, but some will depend on what is possible with the setup we have and how fast I can learn to do what is needed, lol

Oh yes, I do plan to cheat a lot and let software handle most of the tricky stuff, at least to start [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yay I'm back! Ok seriously, I hate to say it but I think we really should consider doing something with the website, I mean I don't know how many of you can actually do some html stuff but with the little bit I know I've noticed alot of annoying little descrepencies (Has any of you read the rules section recently? Like what the heck its totally outdated by about 4 years.), that and the format for it is old. Anyone see this? Looks familiar doesn't it? Can't imagine why...

On another note, our forums from the little bit of poking I've done to em are garbage. Yes I have a grudge against hostboard but it really is retarded. I have to write my posts on Notepad now a days so that when hostboard blows up the message I don't have to spend time rewriting it just to lose it a second time. From what I've seen as well (Haven't looked too hard) Hostboard doesn't allow subdivisions of the forum, like having a general anyones area and say an officers only chat area or a specific forum to discuss raids, you know handy stuff like that. If we wanted to set something like that up we would probably have to move forums but like I said, I haven't looked too hard.

Anyways, just more of my useless rambling...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Greetings from a noob,

As an avid gamer for years who is new to EQ, I have quickly seen the things that EQ can offer than no single player game can...a sense of community as well as the reward of figuring out a new challenge. I may have stumbled my way into LDK not looking for a guild, or even company outside of my current apartment, and somehow I ended up here. And it makes all the difference. I know that many of you have known each other much too long to let me come between you, or anyone like me. We're faced with a ton of challenges that no other game offers...we're a bit fascinated, fairly confused, and also seeking a community in which we can figure it out together. LDK offers that, and we don't mean to step on anyone's toes in working out our new challenges. All I ask is that you relfect for a minute on what it was like to be a noob...and also on how much a place like this can help us. Leave us to our own devices, we'll make do. When we get to your level, we'll be better for it. But above all, please know that no noob wants to break up your family, we'd just like to learn enough to be able to contribute. Close ranks in ways in order to stay together, and we'll understand. But the friendliness of LDK is what you offer...it's what will retain the grown up noobs. It's what makes me think I'll be around a long time.

Happy hunting, all...

Lumlight

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heey welcome to the forum Lumlight! Good to see you! =)

Yeah I can easily reflect on what it was like to be a newbie now that I think about it lol..I remember I joined a friend's guild (back when my druid, Muyah, was fresh in her 20's and hunting in loio!) called Dragonsbane Elite..and I quickly learned that I wasn't going to connect with any of the members very soon, because I was a munchkin compared to them..well..in levels. And this was back when there weren't any hotzones and there were still hell levels, so it'd take a loong time for me to grow up and group with them. But what was different is that I also didn't feel like I could connect with them even verbally...I can't quite explain it because it was a long time ago but I remember asking questions or commenting on something in guildchat and uh I dunno..I just never felt like anybody cared what I had to say or they never really wanted to respond to me. Eventually it got to the point where I felt alienated and I decided I'd leave. I don't remember if I said goodbye to them or not, and the more I think about it I probably figured that they wouldn't care anyway.

*plays sad music on a tiny violin*

....LOL anyway..I also remember joining LDK and feeling welcomed and it made a huge difference. So I can relate! And I'm glad to hear that you think you'll be staying with us, too. I think you're not far off from being able to group with us because I believe some of us have alts around your level..and I for one would be glad to group and hang out a bit. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 16, 2006 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Kayeotic Bladesiren ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome Lumlight. Dont worry about bein a noob and askin dumb questions. I got lots of dumb answers. Go ahead and send me a tell sometime if u need help... and I will do what I can. I have not forgotten my days in the lower levels. Sometimes I think it was the most fun. hehe.
    Cya in the game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

welcome Lumlight, hehe i still have questions about some stuff to but as you lvl and go to new places you learn the stuff you didn't know and more.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT i love NOOBS!!!!! hehe they are so.... adorable? hehe anyway with that out the way... ill try to stay out your way [img]smile.gif[/img] (just ignore the red dog looking thing running in circles around you with the same guild tag) lol... i like to help... when im on that is hehe... right now im flooded with work i have 1 day to do a 10 page essay that the teacher sprung on us while still having a bunch of other stuff =/.... yaaaaaa... no matter what anyone says college isnt THAT fun it has its moments but ya... its like having a job... just... u give them money instead of them giving you money? lol... anway thats off topic.. WELCOME TO THE FAMILY LUMLIGHT!!!! hmmm... well... i should get to work on that essay now... damn my procrastinative side.... i tend not to but dang.... sorry ooff topic again =P well take care all was just dropping a line for my absence in game PEACE!! and remember lum... ignore the red dog looking thing!! lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi folks.
    This time ill write a short reply with no smily faces rofl...maybe hostboard will see fit to post it.
    The officers of ldk have met to discuss these issues and came to several conclusions and possible solutions.
    -level 40 minimum
    -more extensive interview, to last no less than 20 (?) minutes...see above for suggestions of things to talk about.
    -30 days probation, to test our new recruit's abilities and prowess and respect, and to give new recruit time to see if he/she likes ldk. At any time during probation period, recruit can be expelled (3 officer NO votes); at any time after a week of probation (depending on how much recruit plays), he/she can be invited formally with 3 officer YES votes. Current probation status (date of invite) shall be recorded in 'notes' section of guildroster.
    -Consequences, if any member is thought to be disrespectful or in any other way breaking the rules, a formal 'report' can be made, in the form of a post (new thread) on forum; we will than discuss the issue and decide what actions to take, be it expulsion or whatever.
    ...theft...I am unaware of any substantial theft occurring from ldk, other than the occasional greedmonger who gets invited and requests guildbank merchandise and than leaves ldk...perhaps we should not consider giving anything of value from guildbank to a person who's probation has not yet expired?...might fix this problem....
    -Platinum loans are not ldk responsibility; if you loan someone plat and they dont pay ya back...bummer for you...however if it is a longterm ldk member that doesnt repay, perhaps that could fall into 'respect' category...
    -Rules, basically we only need one, respect. However to be more precise we could break it into subcategories such as begging, cussing, arguing, being overly dramatic or negative, all of EQ stated rules, and on and on....still comes down to 'dont disturb your neighbor'. Some of you without adequate empathy may need clarification; feel free to ask me about it.

Anyways, fellow officers please let me know what I've forgotten, thanks.

Coming next:
    Guild Organization!

Ediena

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 27, 2006 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Elatetrout ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Might be a good idea to talk about the rules just to clarify and make sure we all know/agree on what they are...like my interpretation of the rules might be different from yours or whoever's atm...and so on hehe. (I don't think it'd take long since you're right, it basically does come down to "respect thy neighbour")

Maybe we should sticky them on the forum, too? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Rules - once the guilds website that portion wil be updated asap, my fellow officers will hopefully provide the text ....

If you do not want to post an issue on the forums for some reasion, then you should inform one of us officers in private tel, we will do our best to keep whatever it is cofidential, but please be aware that may not be entirely possible if we are to solve or resolve whatever it is/was. As for the newb thingy, well I cetainly remember when I was a newb, and while I currently have no characters (that I play) at the lower levels, I will help when I can, with questions or assistance, but if I have committed to a group or helping someone else first, then I will likely finish that, oh yea, if I do not answer right away, or take time responding, I do not "multitask" so well when it comes to playing and typing [img]tongue.gif[/img] as some have noticed mayhaps ? hehe

Okies, starting to blather again, going to log in and play !! If I forgot anything or ... ummmm ... anything, let me know !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast