Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I spose it all comes back to my brother, for me. I was much more of a card player until he moved in with me in college, and I started playing Brigandine and The Shining Force. When I moved in with him a few months ago, he was working on making his own board game that's kind of a mix between Brigandine and EQ. 3 of us played a bit, but it wasn't really a 3 person game because we always ended up ganging up on someone. [img]smile.gif[/img] Then they started playing EQ more often, and I missed hanging out with them. So they both started new toons and taught me the game. Now, almost 2 months later, I'm totally addicted. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I was just a small child, oh so long ago... my dad (who worked on an army base) would rent movies from the soldiers video library. One day, he brought home a classic many of you have heard of called "Flight of Dragons". I watched it once and was completely hooked on fantasy. I went on to fail at starting my own DnD group multiple times, then finally found Ultima Online, which I played for about a year. Shortly after, I found EQ ^_^.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 23, 2006 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Waiv ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ive always played video games since i was a little kid, my brother and i played as much games as we could get our hands on. yeah mario bros.. oo yeah mario was and is the best!! i also played zelda and such games and we had a computer but we didnt play alot of games on it. aand i watched alot of anime.. what really hooked me into fantasy was final fantasy, if any of you have ever played it.. ahh final fantasy is so amazing, and most of the games that squaresoft makes are amazing.. (except for blitzball that was ghey) our computer was sooo crappy back then, we got it from best buy and it was like a pentium 1 and a half hehe.. my dad would always go to this store called "Frys" which is now like the place to go for games or anything that has to do with electronics.. he would bring games from there that were cheap and one day he brought over EQ and some other stupid games and we decided to install them but i never really cared for them because they didnt look too appealing! but then! my brother started hogging the computer! all day and night! and i was like! .. lol delebe was actually and erudite sk at first. woo! yeah and then a month later LDK was made =D

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmm what got me into fantasy games...? iono... i started of in a game called mech warriors 2870 or something like that online strategy game 4 v 4 4 diff alliances and u just fight in diff locations to capture their land and make it to there capital and lay some woop on it... take it over and iono what happens cause never was able to in my light ton against a heavy [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... anyway thats what brought me into computer games... then i read a book called dragons blood and hearts blood (the sequal exucse spelling [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) then shortly after that i found EQ where i got to run with dragons! well more like run from dragons but hey it was still awesome [img]smile.gif[/img] . and iv always had a thing for old school fighting... swords... bows... used to play warcraft the first one when it first came out but it was only computer game id ever play...oh i found EQ because Ace and Sub knew i liked dragon type stories and such and where telling me about the game for a while with me saying no it sounds dumb [img]tongue.gif[/img] , until i finally tried it and after a month i found my self coming straight hoome and hoping on the comp to play and do homework just before i got to bed or completely blow it off and do it in the morning with a lil EQ on the side =P... rofl... yaaahhhh i was hooked good [img]smile.gif[/img] . anyway i got to get back to work ill finish post some other time i supposed. take care all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*makes a small campfire and hands out marshmellows, chocolate, and graham crackers..*

All right, who wants to tell their favorite newbie stories? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*steals all the marshmellows, chocolate and crackers and runs away*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

roots kerrir and kicks em in the shin and takes back crackers and chocolate and marshmallows...and eats them =P

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'll bet i can kill you before you do it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

one of the most rememberable newb moments i have is a time i was on dark and i was about lvl.... 14 or something and i was on the bridge in nektulas forest or how ever u spell it... and i was trying to kill pirannas or how ever u spell it [img]tongue.gif[/img] but i got but i was kinda bred so i pulled a kil green con black bear before i did... started fighting and as i was about to die.. i tried to jump out the water and make a break for it.. got knocked unconsious on the bank of the river just barely out of range of my fishy [img]tongue.gif[/img] and sence he couldnt reach me he mangled the bear and swam away.. lol was pretty awesome after laying there bleeding for a while i got up and walked onto the bridge and thought about what just happened lol and went on trying to kill other things.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehe! You reminded me of my warrior (rest in peace, Zunerx!) I do believe I remember falling unconcious..alot. One of my favorite times was when I was trying to fight a Gnoll in Blackburrow and it was a baddy..and it kept knocking me unconcious, but then the healer type person I was with healed me and I'd come up for like 1 sec then fall again when the gnoll hit me. I think I was up and down like 3 or 4 times. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Fighting in Blackburrow was THE BEST thing ever when I was a newbie. Both my warrior and my druid leveled there..and the trains deffinitely made it challenging. I also remember finding this chunk of land that was like a ramp that I could climb onto to try and dodge trains. [img]wink.gif[/img] But for the most part I would get flattened.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast