Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Storytime for LDK...

I would like to share with you some stories, rather a story per post. I think you all might find this a bit comical.

As some of you may know, the beloved Kemluas Sowmaster and myself have been good friends for a long time. Since level one to be exact. I would like to share a story with you all about a time, long ago..when we were "newbies". True, non-twinked, pre-kunark newbies.

Qeynos, the human city established on the western shores of Antonica. Home sweet home. I have never seen a more beautiful sunrise, than in the newbie area of North Qeynos. There the sun could be seen come up in full pixelated glory.

We a bit experienced...emphasize on the BIT. We had leveled up together since level one and were now the big 10, and so full of confidence we were! We had gone past the bats and rats of the newbie area and were now exploring towards the Qeynos Hills area...but we wanted more, craved exploration like the great pioneers of human history.

We discovered the boat on the South shore of Qeynos. After a bit of traveling, we discovered the city of Erudin, mostly deserted...and we discovered an island in between Qeynos and Erudin that is know as "Willow Island", located in the zone of Erud's Crossing to be exact. A literal goldmine of experience and money. We considered ourselves pioneers...outlaws, only grouping with each other and the loot was good. I had discovered that the willowisps, which were so abundant on the island dropped a Greater Lightstone(Rare) that sold for a whopping 7 platinum! This was an amazing discovery and we planned to exploit it.
    This is what i call working for your money...We would collect about a backpack full of Greater Lightstones, and ran...i repeat ran to Eastern Commonlands and sat in what used to be Norraths greatest trading center and...

/auction Want to sell Greater Lightstone 7 Platinum please send tells!

We did not know what OBO or WTS or PST meant....
    They sold well...

We were becoming increasingly aware of our surroundings and we noticed something very odd on the island of willows. An ogre..a big huge, conned crimzon red Ogre.

Now only a few of you know who or where this ogre is so for story purposes here he is..

Ooglyn
    Quest NPC
    Shaman
    Minimum Level: 50
    Maximum Level: 50

So he conned red...big deal? There is two of us and we are both level ten, our combined powers could take him out. But i knew something was array, i decided to wait on the attack to the ogre...until others came with us. 5 of us, names which i do not remember but which included kemluas and myself. All Level 10....so we could take him? No matter what level he was, we were all level 10 so we could take him no matter what. The beginnings of a Guild leader could be found in me that day. But my lack of experience and knowledge overall prevented any kind of signal to stop me. Armed with leather armor and rusty swords, we were invincible. I began to prep the group, getting them excited. We are all level 10, that ogre is red but with our combined powers we can take him! beleive in yourselves, this ogre is going down! The group grew excited ready to fight, and at the peak of excitement i yelled CHAAARGE!!! We all ran over the hill, like a scene from Saving Private Ryan at Omaha Beach... CHAAAAARGE!! We ran over the sand dune....all with auto attack on.
    Beleive it or not ladies and gentlemen this happened within one second...

Ooglyn begins to cast a spell.
    ooglyn hits soanso for 115 points of damage.
    Soanso has been slain by Ooglyn.
    Ooglyn hits Kemluas for 110 points of damage!
    Kemluas has been slain by Ooglyn.
    You slash Ooglyn for 6 points of damage.
    ooglyn hits you for 120 points of damage.
    You have been slain by Ooglyn.
    Loading Please Wait...

I rolled out of my chair laughing. I dont think ive ever laughed so hard in my life. HAHAHAHAHAHA! We had died but it was so hilarious! The courage the bravery we didnt last one second!!! I HIT HIM FOR 6 LOL wooot!! How could we be so naive?!!! LOL! It think he left a scar on kemluas, lol mentally he will never heal. Ask him when you see him about the ogre in willow island and you will see =) HAHA i laugh at myself even now!

But that my friends, is a true newbie story. Until next time...

your beloved guild leader,

Gaelaiel

-----------------------

Gaelaiel
    Reaver 54th Season

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Ah yes, those younger days when we all felt soooo Uber, LOL

A short story in the Adventures of Ginlas:

Hmmmm, it twas at the crossroads in ButcherBlock Mountains, a young lvl 9 Monk with her nice new Bamboo Bo Stick, and newly gotten raw silk armor, hunting spiders, goblins and giant bats, sees a lizard crawling towards her, Hmmmm she says, it con's blue, should be cake with all my Uber Drood buffs all fresh and ready to go. Ready.....set......attack!

You crush for 4, you crush for 6, a Basilisk begins casting the stone breath spell....you are frozen to the ground.....a Basislisk hits you for ?, a Basilisk hits you, a Basilisk hits you, a Basilisk hits you, a Basilisk hits you, a Basilisk hits you, the spell fades, a Basilisk begins casting the stone breath spell, etc ect etc,

The young Monk finally managed to stagger the few feet to get in range of the guard hut at the crossroads, and was rescued in the nick of time from certain death at the hands of the nasty mean ol Basilisk with 2 HP to spare [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL

Comming soon - how a level 11 Monk finds Herself in the new City of Sharval without haveing to actually travel there, and the adventures in trying to get home to Norrath !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ahhh, the days of innocence when one was unsure of the ability of our foes. I seam to remember a certain warrior of 20 seasons tired of cleansing Black Burrow of those terrible gnolls. As I headed into my home city of Qeynos (sonyeq?)to spend a little time in one of my favorite haunts Crow's Tavern. I was able to over hear a conversation about a city on the other side of our great land known as Freeport. I was enthralled to think a new city with new foes and new adventures. At that moment the decision was final I would set out the next morning on one of many new epic journeys. As the sun rose armed with provisions, maps, bandages,and my trusty compass I set off. As I entered the western edge of the Karana planes I could smell the water to the south so this direction I ran. Found a group of strange barbarians who although civil did not like my presence in there village any more than I like their smell. After a brief conversation and some small bartering the sun was setting so to make my camp was the at the fore front of my mind. I headed a little east to get out of the area of those smelly fishermen and prepared to set up camp. I was watching the sun sink below the horizon and feeling the weight of my eyelids when I heard the most horrible sound of my young life. To call it a screech would be like saying the forge at Ironside's is warm. No this sound curled my toes and set fear in my heart as I sparng up and grabbed my trusty Blacken Bastard Sword and my Icetooth Claw I set out to defend my camp. There was the sorce of my terror It had a great orange head a sickening yellow light beamed from its eyes. Steadfast in my conviction not to give up a prime camp site such as mine I tipped my sword to the feind and with a mighty roar I ran headfirst into battle. It was a battle the bards would sing about for years. We fought what seemed like a endless battle and alass my friends the battle was not in my favor he was a gallant foe with abilities I did not even comprehend. I was sealed in the fate that I would not see another sunrise and my journey would be coming to a end. As a feeling of contentment washed over me that my anccesstors would be proud of my gallent fight I felt a surge of energy and my wounds were fading away. It was as if Mithrall Marr himself had entered my body. My wounds faded, my skin seemed to turn to steel, my feet felt light as a wolf, then a strange arura envelpoed me. I was back in the fight this only seems to enrage the beast but with my new found conifidence my swords found there mark and the foe was dispatched.
    As I sat and leaned back against a small tree I began to unwind the night events Mittharr Marr himself had chosen me during the battle there was no other explanation. I was unstopable I was a God. Just then I heard a soft chuckle. I jumped up with swords held high ready to do battle with yet another unseen foe. But alass no one was with me. Alone as far as I could see then the very tree I was leaning against blured from vision and in its place was a man clad in fine leather armor with a gleaming scimtar and shield made of the finest steel. It was at this point I heard him speak. "Young one you have ventured far from home at such a young age what is it you seek?" I said, " I seek adventure and you best hold your tounge did you not see me destroy the firey beast just moments ago as you used your black magic to hide yourself in the form of a tree. Your just lucky I was here to defend you." The stranger replied " It is good to see such heart in one so young but be for warned young one I will not take insults. It is best you learn your manners when speaking to your elders." did this stranger not see that Mittharr Marr had chosen me well if he was so blind then mabe a taste of my sword would help him understand. I set the challange to him this would would let him know once he saw my true power he would bow to me.
    I was so happy when the stranger accepted my challange. I tipped my sword and headed to do battle. I had not got more than a few feet when the stranger began to cast a spell I felt the lightness leave my feet and to my astonisment roots grew out of my steel boots locking me to the ground, then my steel skin melted away as a posion entered my body and a fire entered a very soul the last thing I saw was that stranger sit down with a sad look on his face.
    I awoke with a site I had seen many times before that hideous soulbinder with her silly little grin laughing at my nakedness. That is when a strange feeling came over me and I felt my soul once again being dragged into the abiss. This time when I awoke I was back in the field I had died in there at my feet was my departed corpse In a ring around was a pack of wolves six in total I quickly outfitted my self. Posed ready for battle when they sat down. The one in the lead began to speek in common tounge " Young one I was sorry I had to teach you such a leason but I felt it was nessasary for you to learn. There are things waiting for you you can not imagin. What name to you go by young one." Dathgunz I told the stranger. He repiled " Well Warrior Dathgunz it is good meet you my friends call me Jimador I would be proud if you would call me a friend." With that Jimador began to cast a spell and the pack of wolves disolved into nothing.
    When I regained my sences. I made a pact with myself never to allow myself to be to proud and to follow a road of true righteness. To serve only good in my travels for the next time I meet the stranger I want my head held high like his.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Real Life step father Turningleaf had met a druid called Kemluas and had entered a guild called Legendary Dark Knights! He tells me about this guild and I asked do u think u could get me in? he said yes i probally could. i was in a guild finally. the little lvl 5 hafling loved his guild and stuck with it and is still a member to this day. at lvl 16 I decided that rooting and nuking and sitting there healing people that were healing was boring and the real reson i quite using my druid was because they cant use a bow and arrow, that was heart breaking to me. I decided to start a half elf renger since half elves are the best for arangers. most people make wood elves buit if u look at their stats youll see that half elves are so much better. so i made Rinnaden. I found myself in a place ive never been before surefall glade. I wanted to get to misty thicket because that and rivervale are the only two zone that i knew where anything was. kemluas gave me a port to misty and invited me to the guild. the misty bug got me and then foddas reinvited me we became really good friends. my step dad left the guild because of a misunderstanding between him and kemluas. i got 10 or 11 people into the guild that would later leave and join other guilds. i buy the game for my cousin he names his hafling druid caennan. i was mad but i got him in the guild anyways. left because he didnt like ezzone he joing rangers of tunare and the enchanted dragons. i dont know how he got in there since he is a total jerk. rinnaden and caeppan are still in the guild to this day and id like it to stay that way since i have so many friends here.

well, if your reading this part you've listned to ramble on and on so onto the story. after being buffed by Wanidor and kemluas i figured that Ella Food crafter cant be that tuff i got a group together and decided to kill her when she was running to the other gaurd post. our druid rooted her i started running with the warriors up to her. she did some kind of group root spell and rooted us all. i yelled RUN but it was to late the root had already taken away 1/4 of our health. besides we couldent move. the druid ran likw hed never ran before but it was too late 1 spell and he as dead. i broke my root. i ran whe all of a suden i saw my corpse laying there on the ground and is said LOADING PLEASE WAIT... What happened i scrolled up and saw where it said you have ben hit by 667 non melee points of damage. man i gues i wont be doing that again. everyone died. she hit me with some kind of frost spell.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Speaking of Caenn, I seen him the other day in DL. He's in his mid-50s.. Yah, I think that sounds right. He buffed my group, which soon fell apart anyways. Just thought I'd put that in there.. he's still around, and just as friendly, and willing to help!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I would like to tell you some stories about myself, but I can't seem to remember any. Dragons sure are tasty, but those buggers sure are tough. And my head hurts........