MY EDIT: This was originally intended as a reply to the "Guild Status" topic.

Of course alliances are an option to raid the super uber places around Norrath. However, I would maintain that it is of vital importance that we have and exercise the capability of conducting raids on our own as well. I know we do this now but for future planning purposes it might be good to compile a list, based on our current guild makeup and average attendance, of the places we can now successfully conduct raids that are worthwhile as well as those that we may be capable of in the near future if certain conditions are met (wow, that was a mouthful). As an average member (and a new one at that), I don't know what our current capabilities are and so my input is largely inconsequential.

So, what kind of raids are we capable of now and what ones are we close to? For purposes of progression, I'd start out slow by getting more practice in on the raids we know we can do, just maybe haven't tried yet, and then move on to more difficult ones that we may need more classes/levels than we currently have in attendance.

Also, I wouldn't discount old world raids simply because they're old. The point here is to have fun and I often find the older world zones to be just as fun as the newer ones (and easier to get time in). It's true that we would benefit more from the loot tables in more modern zones, but I'm just saying that we don't have to stick to that every time. (PS - I know halls of testing isn't really an option right now, I've just never had the opportunity to check it out - therefore I don't really want to write it off just because it dates back to Velious).

As I said in a previous post, I'm into exploring and tackling challenges.

So allow me to begin this list by making a rather obvious point that the guild has a demonstrable ability to handle the old world planes: Hate, Fear, and Sky.

I know there's more than this, but I haven't been here long enough to see what we can do.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 06, 2005 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Feyrana Mezwell ]</font>