Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I came across this little ring event earlier...
    http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=7387

I think with the right organization and enough of our higher members on, we might just be able to pull it off. Excellent loot for the difficulty ( including the highest AC chest slot for a Beastlord in the entire game
    http://allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=13093 *cough*) I'll post a good guide i saw here in a few once i find it lol. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Here's the guide.

By Gale of Destruction of Tunare.

Some important notes -
    A Rock Burrower - Both mezzable and slowable
    A Rock Carver - Neither mezzable nor slowable
    A Spiny Rock Burrower - Neither Mezzable nor slowable

These first 3 waves only have a chance to wipe you if you are not organized and/or do not know what to expect. At 1254 ac (65 shaman) they hit for about 60 on average and 100 max. Just get 12 different melees on 12 different mobs and you are set.

Core Burrowers in Waves 4-6 are unmezzable and unslowable. Average hit is around 200 on a decent armor-class plate tank. Just get your SKs, pallies, and warrs to pick one up and you should be fine.

A Parasite Larvae - Hit about 300-400, only two so are fairly easy. Unslowable unmezzable. Unlike the previous 6 waves, these two spawn under the belly of the Burrower Beast. If you neglect to pull them out you risk having to kill them at the same time as...

A Burrower Parasite - Our tank reported 400-500 hits while in defensive, and average out of disc around 700-800, max barely over 1k but rare. This fella likes to flurry, and is unslowable, so saying that his straight melee makes it an easy fight is a stupid mistake. Zero rampage however. I would compare this fight to Avatar of War in strategy, but not difficulty. AoW has signifigantly more ATK and a 1400 max hit, which just tears through even the best tanks. Keep your cleric wheel tight and tell shaman to patch heal until you find what works to keep your tank up. We started with a 4s wheel, moved to 6s once we got in rhythm. Positioning is a little tough for this guy, there really isn't any corner to pin in. All the walls slope up, or curve. If you can, keep him away from the walls. Tell non-rogue melee to attack from the sides, MT and ST on front, and rogues in the back.

As for time... you can expect 5-6 minutes between each wave until the final pause before the boss wave which I recorded at a whopping 12 minutes of downtime. I have a feeling the time is not concrete, as I set it for 5 minutes and 6 minutes between each wave... I could never tell when the next wave would spawn with pinpoint accuracy, but was within 30 seconds.

All in all I would say this event is very much worth the effort, considering all you need to do is kill 15-20 blue and light blue trash Deep mobs to get to him, and then not much more than an hour doing the event itself.

Would love to hear what you guys think [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I looked at the rewards for this quest / event thing.. and all I've got to say is... INSANE! Really nice drops from this. o.O though would say difficulty matches it pretty well!

Me thinks we'd want to ask our KoTA buddies or anybody else we know for this event, for extra backup and such. Would think they'd be interested in it with the nice possible drops. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Question though, what does it mean by.. /quote on "Keep your cleric wheel tight and tell shaman to patch heal until you find what works to keep your tank up. We started with a 4s wheel, moved to 6s once we got in rhythm. " ..? /quote off. Is that like healing rotation? one cleric starts heal and tells such and such healer is next for heal and so on? If not, I don't really get it... [img]redface.gif[/img]

Well anyway, should be doable with the right force and organization + research and stuffs. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ya, that is a CH rotation. I dont think we'd have too much trouble with that if we could get our clerics on [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Well...I found another good guide. After reading this, We might just need some help to do it.
    ( ~message here~ denotes my imput )

Completed the quest last night on Stromm.
    Guild raid had about 35-40 ppl with raid average 63.
    Got whiped off on the first try by the Parasite, because we din't exactly know what to expect.
    after CR fights went much smoother.
    Waves of mobs were not a problem on both tries. Many drops of acrylia and cash items like Ruby Crown, Gems etc. DPS is essential as well as several high-end tanks and clerics on the raid. Starting from waves of 6, mobs are immune to mezz and slow, so "tank-mezing" is the way to handle them. Worms have alot of HP but nothing more than any other Luclin mob of similar level. All are pure melee. Most of the summon. Hits range from 150-ish (initial wave) to 450-ish (last two). Casters need to be cautios to avoid aggro, as well as "near-death-aggro" for tanks - happened twice, tank was summoned by 4 worms in a row and quickly died, when health went below 20 % on 2 occasions.

The final mob has ALOT of HPs. 800K is a good estimation. Practically immune to Poison and Desease based spells (nobody was able to land any poison or desease dots, though there was no "immune" message, just full resist).
    The Parasite indeed has very small targeting "box", so pets are very useful against it, because they don't have problems with targeting [img]smile.gif[/img]
    CH chain should be prepared for a very long and exausting fight. Several high-end warriors should be ready to chain-MT after Defensive discipline ends for a previous tank. The Parasite Flurries frequently, so the damage output spikes to a quite high level. Necros should sic the pet and start working as a mana-battery for clerics - their poisons and desease dots are fully resisted.
    BeastLords, Shammies etc. should memorize Magic/Cold/Fire DD and cast away after MT grabs the aggro - seems to be much more efficient than their semi-pathetic melee output due to very high AC of the mob. ~This guy must not know many good BLs...~

The fight is long, and if plate tanks go down - whipe out guaranteed. On our first attempt 6 plate tanks were killed faster that CH-chain could stitch from one to another. On the second attemt we finished the fight with our secondary tank still standing . Also, there is enough time to "battle-rezz" tanks if they die, just be prepared to quicky handle such situation.

Please post what you guys think. Feel free to pass this on to our allies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Me thinks this is something more in the future than in the present...Could use some time to do things such as get aa (like you want paragon =p) and levels (for people like our little wizard, Ginmoire =).)

Though we should still tell our allies it's out there and we're hoping to do it when we're ready. [img]wink.gif[/img]

It's probably a good idea to have a necro per cleric for pumping, and probably more plate tanks for getting whooped on..still looking forward to doing this... [img]tongue.gif[/img]