Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a fantasy roleplaying thread. You will need to describe the fantasy-style character you will play in the thread, before you start posting with that character.

We're talking traditional fantasy styles - group of heroes travel from point A to point B in pursuit of thing T. Along the way they are attacked by goblins. You know the drill; all fantasy is the same.

To give events a starting point, I've written a prologue.

=========================
    Prologue:

The sound of hoofs on stone shattered the darkness. The watchman shook himself awake and stepped forward to peer off the city wall and into the night and the forest.

A single rider approached. The horse slowed as it reached the closed gate, and eventually stopped outside.

"Who goes there?" cried the watchman. There was no answer.

Under the sting of the night air, the guard felt sweat form on his brow. He grabbed the lantern off the wall and began walking, then running down the stone staircase.

Bursting out of the tower's outer doorway, he saw why the rider had not responded - he was hanging from the saddle, limp and lifeless. A spear jutted from his torso, but that was not why the guard cried out. Upon the dead man's head was a golden wreath, the mark of the Prince of the Southern Kingdoms.

Shivering with fear, he walked up to the horse. A scroll was sitting in the saddle, sealed with the royal stamp.

For the Duke Lyam of Hearthgrove

The creatures that were sighted by your raiders last winter have resurfaced again. This time they move to the West in great numbers. As I write this, I have recieved word that all six of the border towns have fallen under the hordes.

Ten thousand will march today to block the passage to the central cities. I do not know how long they will hold against this attack.

I would request that you send men to aid my forces, but superseding this is a more urgent call. I have been advised that a party must be sent behind the advancing minions to locate and identify the source or cause of their migration. Already the way East is blocked to my Kingdom. The Northern pass may still be open.

I pray you will act swiftly. My son will carry this message and travel with his regiment to the Northern provinces.

King Verity IV, Ruler of the Southern Kingdoms, Shining Light of Ezuri, Eighteenth in the Holy Bourborn Dynasty, Bearer of the Septre of Establishment, Appointed by the Holy Assembly of Man and the Divine Blessings of the Gods.

==========================

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ March 21, 2003 07:01 AM: Message edited by: Martin Scripts ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gee, I'm pretty sure this one's going NOWHERE.

Add a few more instructions maybe, I really can't understand how you want this to play out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ Sorry, I ended up posting that in a hurry. I'll edit the post to explain the way to play]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[You could make a little profile if it made you feel good: ]

==
    Name: Marieon
    Race: Elf
    Character: Aggressive and impatient, trained in Elven archery but prefers the human styles of fighting and carries a mace.

Thinks best under pressure, but often overlooks details in quieter situations.

==

[Then you can post some events, or wait for more people to join so you can start more consistantly. Sometimes people create a list of characters for their thread and make everyone pick one, but I think it's best to let people decide their own]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He stepped in from the cool of the evening, into the Rat in the Pot Tavern, centerpiece of the small eastern villiage of Kalim Ruhn. He was tired, and wanted nothing more than to rent a bed for the evening so he could continue on his way.

However, it seemed that Fate did not want him to rest easy tonight. as he entered the building, a sight greeted him which made him even more tired, and irritated him greatly.

A group of no less than 30 adventurers of all races and classes were gathered at the bar, talking loudly, and drinking heaviy.

He sighed. He could not possibly get a bed, all the rooms would be taken, and he knew that even if he did find somewhere to sleep, the men would keep him awake all night.

He sat down at the bar, and ordered a glass of Cyrodilic Brandy. Curious as to what was going on, he turned to the man next to him, a Wood Elf who seemed just as annoyed with the goings on as he was.

"Pardon me, but I was wondering if you could tell me what all the commotion is about?"

He had to be polite, people were easily offended in these places.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I seem to recll suggesting something similar. Anyway, here's mine:

Name: Unknown
    Race: Redguard

He's a Scout, trained in the art of the longsword and bow, but tries to avoid combat ni certain circumstances. Has developed thieving skills, and enjoys taking what he wants, when he wants, without anyone knowing.

Inactive Member danielwoodfield's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Name = Kali Ramish
    Race = Human (Indian duh)(Asian Indian duh)(you know, the dairy owing type duh)
    Sex = Female
    Preferred weapon = Jack of all trades, from the finest elvish bow to a giant steel axe.
    Likes = excessive drinking
    Dislikes = pushy elves

Kali woke up on the floor of a stinking taven in a tiny backwater town with her clothes all but torn off and 20 gold pieces at her feet. "Wow, i've been a busy girl, and it is only just sundown" she thought as she slowly rose to her feet. She ordered her favourite from the bar, a Dragon's Breath Brew. Her sharp eyes poked and prodded around the bar, looking for anything of interest. Nothing took her fancy, so she downed the drink in one shot, then left for the next bar, at the Rat in the pot tavern. Maybe she would find 'him' there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Name: 'Anonymous' (may or may not develop a name at a later date)
    Race: Not Evlish, DEFINATELY NOT dwarven.
    Hair Colour: Blue
    Eye Colour: Impossible to say (maybe blue)
    Wears: Totally impractical black full-length coat. Mithril scale armour. Black boots comprised of unknown organic polymer (of course).
    Armed with:Two-Handed Runic Longsword, possibly Elven
    Notes: Quiet, commanding, finds it difficult to ask for help (because everyone else is so incompetent, obviously). Doesn't use shields. Prefers backflips and other various gymnastic impossiblilities, all involving swords. Refuses the use of missile weapons. Likes Elves, HATES dwarfs. Generally dislikes drunken indian wenches.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It started to rain.
    Again.
    And it was only a freckle past a hair.
    Having no concept of time other than night and day, and the next day, the Anonymous one stalked angrily toward the pathetic-excuse-for-a-building that was the 'Rat in the Pot' tavern.
    He pushed the door open with a crash. It was hardly enough to move the mice with all the noise in the place.
    Swearing, he moved to the corner and stood there, trying (and failing miserably) to drown out the sound.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Pardon me, but I was wondering if you could tell me what all the commotion is about?"

Marieon ran his eyes over the human.

"The commotion, Redguard, is that beats from the East amass to swamp the Kingdom and the incompetent King Verity cannot hold them back."

The elf took a sip of a clear liqour and stared into the glass, watching the reflections of his eyes and the wooden beams above him.

"Perhaps you knew that. This group here," he gestured to some of the adventures around the bar, "is moving to scout out the source of the creatures. You'd probably be welcome to tag along, if you've an interest in the Kingdom. Or some of the King's gold."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast