Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As everyobdy now knows, Incident has left us. Or rather, the people have left Incident. Burdened by schoolwork, held up by other websites, who knows. One thing is for certain: We will never forget this wonderful board.

In the beginning, there were the first threads, The Beach and the Parking Lot. Who could forget the infamous Parking Lot, with it's sly characters, it's drunkards, it's evil young men. The "Axle's house" thread, by contrast, was one best left forgotten And yet, somehow, the threads passed, and were all deleted.

The next threads were a bit different. The mall was a centre of intrigue, and the spot for character development. The gunfight was the Knowledge thread, where anybody with a comprehensive knowledge of guns, cars or John Woo movies could post something coherent. Party at Kelly Jones's was nothing short of strangely amusing. And the Inter School bus stops thread was set in a place familiar to all.

Then came the final Threads. We had the Fantasy RP thread, hailed as the RPG within an RPG. There was the Inter School bus stops, day two. Sadly, it was not recieved as well as the first. The Deserted in a Terrible Forum thread was the perfect send up of Incident, which most people found highly amusing. And the Cemetary, where only one man dared to reply.

Following each of these threads was the OOC, where the characters involved could find time between posts to laugh at a typing error, or point out that Yes, Martin and Seth were the same person.

We say goodbye today, to all of these threads. We cannot bring ourselves to post any longer, and today, my friends, we acknowledge the death of Incident's Threads.

But we must not forget each other. The characters are the lifeblood of Incident, and will remain forever.

We remember Axle and Stevie, the first to leave us. Clarke Anderson, wherever you are, may you one day find the perfect car, and the ultimate firearm. Martin and Seth, we will remember him always. To Daniel Pearl and The Anonymous One, the only regret is that we didn't know you well enough. Kelly Jones. We shall be haunted forever by the girl we all know is actually a guy. Every mention of your name will be accompanied by mental images of you and your carrot. Chris Wesley, the man of many talents. From gunfights to girls, nothing is too difficult. And of course, Nora Fraser. Our shy young girl will always be fondly remembered.

Incident is well and truly dead, people. But it will live on in our hearts. My only regret is that I couldn't post regularly enough to keep this wondrous place alive.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well said, Chris. I think you've expressed how we all feel, and given us a memorable overview of Incident's evolution.

Still, it wouldn't be Incident if we let one person carry the story, and I feel like I should add a few words of my own.

Firstly, I'd like to acknowledge the one-timers and the lurker(s), some of whom were actually real people. Although they were not the driving forces that forged Incident, if only by observing they have become a part of what has been.

Chris called this the "Bitter, Bitter End". I think we all knew that we wouldn't be able to keep posting consistantly. There is a quote about consistancy on the bottom of this and every page of Incident, and I think it helps us understand that we are moving forward from here, wiser

Incident has 260 posts, counting this one. That places us 6th in our catagory, ahead of 55 smaller forums. Including Minority Report. Of those sixty-one seeds, ours was one that grew.

One vital element of Incident was the secrets. While we didn't last long enough to develop too thick a web of deceit, and while some walked away thinking they had all the answers, I'm confident that Incident has gone down leaving a few questions behind.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and.. now to answer one question, that all of you thought had solved. Truthfully, Martin Scripts and Seth Donovan/Calvarion are two differant people, I would have thought this ovious because of the two distinctive writing styles, Martin's poetic, and not error-ridden, whereas mine quite the opposite. For the small mistake when I posted under Martin's user, I just happened to be at his house, and he has his computer to automatically log him in.

I think Incident died much before this, about the time Axle left, after The Parking Lot thread ended. If anyone has the parking lot thread saved, i think it should be uploaded, to preserve Incident's acheivements.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know, incident doesn't have to be dead; it could just be hibernating. Or pretending. I mean, if anyone could be bothered we could have sporadic posting. For example, the holidays are coming up, which means that the chances are a few of us will be online, and may even be reduced to neopets. i think that everyone should have somewhere else to go before neopets, and we could agree to make this it. Because, honestly, at one stage there, i was graphing the value of my neopian stock, and using this to decide how to buy and sell over the space of several weeks. It is just wrong for a teenager to do such a thing, and i think that we shoudl try to keep this open.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Although I have stated already that Incident is dead (or at least asleep), I do agree with Nora that we should try to resurrect what is left of it. I think that Clarke and I have considered it on several occasions, although nothing came of our consideration. It's worth a try though, especially because of the holidays that are approaching rapidly.

Anybody else agree?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bump.