Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I actually spent a bit of time figuring out if you wanted people to join in or not.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's not much fun for the rest of us if we're not allowed to join. (On the other hand, I haven't yet seen an opening that I would be enter on.)

If you think it would help, we could pass a law to allow thread-destroying posts to be _quickly_ removed. I think it's a traditional convention in freeform that you can simply ignore a post that breaks the rules, although we debators are taught to always "run with the squirril" if at all possible...

My personal fight's still against OOC, and since Gerald's now quoted and preserved what I said, I'm going to delete the post where I made that comment.

My apparently nasty editing in that 3 a.m. thread was in fact only removing posts that were out-of-character and should have been in a different place

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why are you against OOC? It's the only RELIABLE thread out there!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He is against the OOC mainly because it is not in character, I think. Makes sense really.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I haven't yet seen an opening that I would be enter on. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin is an opportunist. Throw yourself out there, man. No shame when it's online and all that.

On another note, I do see the need to either preserve and then quickly delete, or just ignore altogether. I figure his views on it are more like the whole "every post is a beautiful, unique idea, and we must embrace them, regardless of their faults" kind of weak minded approach.

No one seems to have figured out the thing about that sword of Christy's. Hints coming, sorry.
    It is the Connection between "The Matrix: Reloaded" and "Cheech and Chong", I believe. Bonus points reduced to four for a correct answer. And I will keep track.

Next up, the Rhiannon thread. Good stuff, I think, if anyone can bring it together a gold star would be in order, if it ends up making any sort of sense without being brought together I will do some breakdancing.

Edit: I just read the most recent Rhiannon post. Tibsy, I kill you!

Edit^2: Tibsy, you silly moose. You are too cheap to get a vibrating function in a phone that you don't own? You don't have a phone, and yet because you have no money, the magic phone has no vibrate? Please, explain.

Or, just EDIT YOUR POST.

[ July 03, 2003 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Blake ]

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 03, 2003 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Blake ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is a perfectly logical explanation for everything in the Rhiannon thread. We just haven't made it up yet. We have deduced that the game was indeed soccer (what a guess!), but anyone could come in now and make it competetive street dancing / performing, and make Chris's seemingly random actions cause a major upset in the running of things. Like the naked man that runs onto the soccer field.
    Anyhoo, I think we need some more regulars, so recruit all you can. Unless you think you might stumble onto someone like Clarke or myself, of course. The place is already slowing down, and I don't want to go through all that rubbish again.

I mean, who ever heard of a second major resurrection? (Outside of Charmed, of course.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No offense, or anything, but did you by any chance just watch the Matrix? because it seems that the rhiannon thread is getting awfully matrixxy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Frost strolled calmy into the OOC, not at all expecting a flame from Gerald. You can imagine his surprise when he was called both "tibsy" and a "moose".

Not nice, Gerald. Not nice at all.

Firstly: I will NOT answer to tibsy anymore. That's worse than calling Martin Seth.

Secondly: Why would you kill Tibsy? (remembering that Tibsy IS NOT ME.)

Thirdly: The entire thread doesn't make sense. It never did. IT PROBABLY NEVER WILL. Daniel Pearl is so high right now he can't even seem to remember his previous posts. He's got Chris Wesley doing a dance, for christ's sake. Is it really that important?

Fourthly: Frost hasn't yet figured out how to edit. Any help much appreciated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, yeah, you're probably right.
    I plan to see it on tuesday.

Nora, I'm not sure if you've met any of us outside of this board, but if you did, you'd perhaps understand a bit more.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, well, I agree with you. That WAS stupid. Thanks a lot Chris.
    Before I bother to write anything else, who else migh not be bothered posting anymore? Gerald?
    PS
    Just to have the last laugh... I read Gerald's post in WAM - I want my three points - but you can have one back if you ever read this.
    PPS
    Gee, you guys really know how to kill forums, don't you?
    PSS
    So who's writing the next eulogy?

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 11, 2003 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, man. I was away for the week. I think (for the time being, at least) you can count on me to post regularly. I have no life.
    Hey. I saw you edited one of those. Nice job there, man.
    The three points are yours to keep. Legend one on seeing the post. It will go up onto my nickname. We do, however, need some more people to keep this alive, especially if Chris isn't coming along anymore.
    And finally, awesome stuff on the Rhiannon post. I don't know if that is something you are allowed to do, but either way... Yeah, no points on that one sorry. That would just be encouraging you, and we couldn't have that now, could we?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> because she wasn't a real person and couldn't complain </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep.

And finally, (yeah, I have two finalies, I know) why is the one after PPS (post-post-script) PSS? Was that a typo, or is there still more to learn about ending stuff like that?

And I'm spent.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Gerald.
    About the Pss thing... I couldn't remember what PS meant, and I thought it might be latin, like et cetera or ie, and so I put one with PP and one with SS to cover my bets.

The Rhiannon thread wasn't going anywhere, partly because I'm pretty sure we don't know who Rhiannon is, and I don't know who Daniel is, and also because Rhiannon isn't actually in the thread. Also I was annoyed because he just started getting with some chick in the middle of the forum and we don't want a repeat of Axle's house, now do we?
    Also: I didn't like the way Daniel interacted with his own invented characters instead of the other, well, we'll say members, shall we?
    I remember mentioning rules earlier in ooc but nobody said anything, so I didn't think anything about it.
    But I need some help there I think,, despite you guys not wanting to encouage me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lastly, I see Chris has replied to the Bus-stop thread. Chris, I don't think it's fair that you'll suddenly ditch us, especially while you still have responsibilities to other threads (eg, the alley and possibly Rhiannon) but you'll still log in to hit on Nora. Not cool.

-----quick edit
    PSS (heh) Whatever happened to Martin Scripts? did somebody shoot him, or did he go on holiday?
    -----quicker edit
    PSSS (heheh) Why is one of the last posts in Rhiannon at the top now? Can somebody clear this up for me please? I'm horribly confused.
    <font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 15, 2003 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 15, 2003 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>