Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Double spacing is for typewriters. Not for use when word processing on personal computers, and certainly not for use on the internet.

Take off every 'Zig'!!
    You know what you doing.
    Move 'Zig'.
    For great justice.

What really cracks me up is that Chris was picking up on recurring typos and whatnot at the same time as we were all hassling him about his own typing habits. Well, we hassled him when he was writing the "Interlude" too, I guess.

You can count on us to annoy you every time you post at lunchtime. We might even move on to grammatical errors and spelling.
    Heck, it could become one of those exciting pastimes we woudl look forward to, day after day.

Next item on the list, what is our stance on the use of vulgar language in the threads? I know that I am a bit old fashioned on this sort of thing, but I'm sure a lot of that could be replaced by harmless words such as "fugger", "bucket", and in the extreme case perhaps a "darn" or two woudl be be appropriate every now and then. I only mention this because I believe that the previous two posts by Chris woudl cause irreversible harm to any innocent little children that happen upon our little board.

It was pretty funny when Chris was writing his Interlude starter post, though. A certain non-Nora individual threatened to pick up a telephone and answer Chris' call, and make the phone number Nora gave Chris incorrect. In essence, create an impolite rejection, while at the same time giving the threatening character opportunity to rejoin the posting on the subject and begin to be annoying again.
    In response to this, Chris decided he woudl have the intended recipient of the communication pick up on the other end. Of course, this woudl constitute a major breach of the spoken-and-then-quickly-unspoken rules of Incident. Because, of course, we can't have a character determining the actions of another now, can we? Thus the mother thing was thought up, and the threat by the male character was effectively canceled out. So yeah.

And, just for future reference, the word "period" does not require a capital letter every time you write it out. You have no chance to survive make your time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Frost felt rather left out by all this, because he had library duty today at lunchtime and didn't get to play on the computers. Also, he had to do all the work because the other librarians didn't turn up. Wankers.

Firstly - I think that expletives have just as much place on the boards as Clarke Anderson's car. ie, not much.
    No, that's not true. I think they're very important, and that people should feel free to use them. Besides, if small children do happen to (miraculously) wander into Incident I think they'd be haunted enough by people killing each other with guns, cars, swords, nukes, and orange golf clubs for it not to matter if Chris swears from time to time.

Secondly - Chris, you might not have noticed but you spelled the word 'would' incorrectly several times in your last post.
    I would like to propose "That the assembly condemns Chris Wesley for the incorrect spelling of the word 'would' on several occasions, for his misuse of sarcasm as a language feature, and for his blatantly being so far ooc that it was almost too much for the ooc".

Thirdly - I have to say it before Gerald does.
    Ha ha ha ha....

Inactive Member danielwoodfield's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So..... trying to ditch me huh? Well fair enough, the nuke thing was realy stupid, but in all honesty that thread needed killing anyway. It was getting just way too repeditive. So Clarke is gonna change his manner a bit, in a hope that that you will still like him, because "I can't stand the thought that anyone doesn't like me".
    (first person to tell me where that quote comes from wins .... free double spacing after puncuation for a whole year - no offence Chris, just all in the name of fun! )
    So without being a jackass I will return to my posting, and try and no f**k (note the lack of car) up your precious forum. Have fun and remember that Minority Report is only two hyperlinks away on the board list - just in case you are bored. Like me. Which is why I'm ranting like this.
    Thanks, Clarke
    PS, 3 Kudos points for anybody who can find the character name and movie that that quote came from. A hint would be to say Mark Walberg. Your time is ticking........

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 22, 2003 04:09 AM: Message edited by: Clarke Anderson ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First up: Martin Scripts.
    He isn't posting with much frequency. He has been noted to say things to the effect of "Incident has no place at school", and "There is more to life than just Incident. Have you met Morrowind?"
    He is attempting to discourage us from using the board. Stuff reminds me of other stuff. Like in the old OOC, quotes from Martin such as "This restart thing hasn't exactly started a posting frenzy, has it?", and the super-relevant one from Axle, "says the man... WHO HASN'T POSTED ANYTNING &!!!!!!!$$*($#&#*(." I think that brings it all into perspective.

I will make no comments on the posting speed of Chris Wesley. I myself am a slow poster, and I believe that if sometihng is worth posting it is worth posting well. Most of the time. Then again, I have been known to over use the "Edit post" feature on the boards.
    I will however make some comments on Chris Wesley. Like his overreaction to Clake Anderson's (!) hyphenation of the noun "x-b-o-x" (Which I will refuse to give a capital letter. And three hyphens are better than one, right?)

In The Alley, Chris has made it clear that he doesn't know my character. That means that I know who they both are now, but neither of them know who I am. I will not let Gerald give out his name except under some heaps-as-exceptional circumstances. It is simply not "In-Character" for him. Probably you best bet, if you need the name to come out would be for Clarke to use it when he inevitably recognises me. But then again, The Guy with the Katana works nicely, doesn't it?

In response to Clarke's OOC post, yes we were trying to ditch you. Yes, the nuke was stupid. No, that thread was almost about to go somewhere, thank you very much. You can't spell the word "repetitive". Attempt to make some form of coherent sentences in posts, instead of writing things like "and try and no f**k up your precious forum."
    Welcome back, man. Good to see you.
    You are all fully entitled to hand out Kudos Points for trivia or some legendary random action, whatever. Like recognising your quote.
    The reward for recognising Chris' sword has expired. It was the Master Sword, used by the character Link the the "Legend of Zelda" series of games.

I am personally considering beginning my own thread. Sci-fi based, stuff happens to fit the timeline, but the meat and potatoes of it would be our witty and thinly veiled remarks at things in the real world. Implied scathing remarks and terrible puns, if we can manage it. Good for a laugh, the semi OOC set in space. Maybe. I might just have to brainstorm for a bit. You know, make it all fit together.

And yeah, visit our sister site, Minority Report. One more thing to point and laugh at.

Inactive Member danielwoodfield's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On another note, does anyone recognise this man?
    fag

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 22, 2003 05:07 AM: Message edited by: Clarke Anderson ]</font>

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 22, 2003 05:18 AM: Message edited by: Clarke Anderson ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was going to again go into depth on a rant on the importance of correct spelling and grammar. Then Some People posted. I now think that some people are beyond salvation. But in any case, such a high degree of jocularity at those certain misfortunes of others is pretty darn sad. We all need to get out more.

That picture in the Clarke's OOC post is pretty legendary. Well, it would be, if Geocities would work. The only trouble is that when Clarke edited his post to put the picture up, the rest of his message was deleted. I believe it read something along the lines of "Sister site my [expletive deleted.] We'll see who wears the pants around here..."
    The rest of the opst went on is a similar nondescript fashion. I just can't remember all of it.
    Pity, that.

And please, Clarke, stop it with the Halo in the Party thread, or we may have to resort to ignoring you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm just checking if my avatar works. The big picture in Clarke's post isn't showing up and neither is his new avatar. Ah well, that's what I get for having such a sloooww computer...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

His avatar seems to be working for me. The picture isn't, though. The avatar does seem a little small on my computer, but then again, everything looks small on my computer.

Edit: We seem to have visitors. Quite a few (relatively speaking.) A good thing, no doubt, but I can't help but feel like our formula for success has been disrupted.

Whatever happens, the board grows. Welcome to the new people, no handheld nukes thank you very much.

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 23, 2003 03:19 AM: Message edited by: Gerald Blake ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea, his avatar's working now on mine.
    MY avatar, however, is less than perfect. For some reason the "custom" which I am repetitively told to select is not on the list, no matter how many times I upload it. Any help much appreciated, in the meantime I'm stuck with this, which is, in general terms, better than nothing.

I also have a complaint posted by Castor and Pollox.
    I have to assume you're new, and you pushed me off a fence. Not nice. Technically it's against the rules. But since the rules are known only to an enlightened few, I guess that's a shortcoming on our behalf.

As I understand them, the rules basically involve you not being able to control another player's character. Example, you can attack me, but it's up to me whether Frost gets hit or not. Otherwise I'd have Gerald Blakes Ponytail mounted on my wall by now.

If anyone gets any new ideas involving Rhiannon then please post them, I don't want to have to post twice in a row. I'm wondering if the Alley will turn into a second mall (I hope not). Maybe with a better ending, perhaps...

Or, even better, someone start a new thread! We could use a change.

And if Gerald doesn't introduce himself soon then I'm just going to keep calling him 'Ponytail'. Hah.

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 23, 2003 03:44 AM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, your current avatar would be nice, if it wasn't a bit of a copy of mine. Now, if I could find myself a decent avatar the world would be perfect. Or, perhaps not.

The rules are all well and good, but the Alley may well be exempt from a number of those, in my views. If we had a general consensus we could act in a manner far less restricted than in other threads, to open the action up a bit. Of course, no saying "Fred walked up to Jim, who subsequently died." (American censored anime, anyone?) - That would constitute an abuse of power.

The only thing I wonder about is the actions of The Almost-Albino-Bob-Marley Twins in the interlude thread. It must be said that the action scenes of Incident were intended to be of secondary nature to the social threads, the interaction between characters in perhaps more sedate, and G-Rated situations. PG now, whoa there. Let's not get too carried away here.
    However, it is also the nature of Incident to be unpredictable. Things are not meant to go completely the way of the thread starters, and so some degree of freedom is imparted upon posters.

So really, I don't have an opinion right now. Ask me later.