Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just keep telling yourself that, Rhiannon. Just keep telling yourself that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Frost didn't reply to the phone call. It was an answering machine anyway. Which didn't make sense since he didn't call. But he wasn't thinking about that. He dropped the phone.

He'd been ignored too many times. Frost considered himself a god, or at least semi-divine, but apparently nobody else agreed with him. He called to Chris who hadn't gotten any donations yet.

"This is getting out of hand and I'm stopping it now. Let's get some answers. Follow me, if you're interested."

Frost stiffened his coat collar, and kicked in the basement door. He walked purposefully towards Daniel, pushed his wench aside, because she wasn't a real person and couldn't complain, and grabbed Pearl by his shirt (which he assumed he was still wearing because nobody said he'd gone that far.)

Frost lifted Daniel up to eye level.
    "Do you have any respect, or are you just messing with me? Why this chaos?! Damnit! explain yourself!"

As usual, Frost expected a reply.

Inactive Member dragonflymatthew's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

turn around. look again. there is no madness in direction. which ever way it runs.

the past is hard to follow.

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 05, 2003 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Daniel Pearl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dinner time. A long rectangle dining table with a lace table cloth. In the centre are some roses in a vase. Outside the sun was setting over the harbour, visible through the ranch-slider the opened out onto a deck which overlooked a swimming pool and a landscaped backyard.

At the head of the table was her father. At the opposite end was her mother. Beside her sat Portia, her elder sister. Opposite, Sean, her younger brother. Everyone ate silently, looking at their plates.

" So, Portia, how was your day today?"
    " Good."
    " Nora?"
    " Okay, thanks, Dad."
    " Sean?"
    " Alright."

Silence resumed.

Everyone sat for five minutes more, until everyone was finished, without talking.

" Could I please be excused?" Portia rose without waiting for an answer. " I just need to make a few calls to some friends. "

" Thats fine, honey, just don't tie up the line for too long."

" No, Dad."

Everyone knew that Portia would be on the phone for the rest of the evening. It didn't really matter any more; when they had moved into the house they had installed four lines, so that there would never be a demand for the phone lines. One for each. Her parents shared a line, which was technically the Business Line, so Nora's mother borrowed Nora's line most of the time. Goodness only knew that Nora didn't need it. But her mother lived in hope that one day people might begin calling her.

It was routine now that her father asked that she not engage the line all evening. It didn't matter any more. But habits are not easily unlearned.

Nora left shortly after her sister, and Sean shortly after her. Her parents left after that; her mother to the kitchen to do the dishes, her father probably to the study to read some article on some important issue.

She trooped up the stairs entered her room. Grabbing a book from her bookshelf, she flopped down on the bed and began to read.

She had recently decided that she woudl read all of the old childrens books that, when she was a child, had looked too boring and colourless to read. She had just finished " What Katy Did.", and was on to " What Katy Did at School."

She read for a while, until it got too dark to continue. Then she arose, closed her curtains, switched on her lamp, and continued reading.

It was only about eight oclock- the sun sets early in winter. She settled into her book, snug under the thick feather duvet.

Suddenly, she was disturbed by the unfamilliar ringing of a telephone. It took her a while to remember that she had her own private number, so no one else woudl answer it if she didn't.

She put down her book and leapt across the room to her desk.

" Hello?" she asked curiously. She hadn't given her number to anyone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The phone held tight in his hand in front of him, Gerald's mind raced. He wasn't sure how the guy had picked that he wasn't an anwer phone. Maybe there was some outside noise coming through. Maybe he beeped wrong. Come to think of it, Gerald didn't know if those phones had the same types of answer phones as the regular ones.
    Jeez, maybe he just sounded too lively.

Gerald almost laughed.

He forced himself to loosen his grip on the phone, and dialed for one of his friends to tell of what happened.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is a perfect example of what happens when you try to travel through time.

The timeline had carefully rearranged itself. Suddenly Daniel was no longer in the basement. Jess was not there. But someone was there....

He dropped the character he was holding. It resembled Daniel Pearl. But he had just been informed that the real Daniel was eating burgers with girls who fight Demons.... Ouch.

Somehow, Frost had been split away from the original storyline. He was still in the right place in ooc, but time had frozen still in The Alley and nobody knew what was happening. But here he had been lost, like a fish out of water. It was not a pleasant experience.

The Alternate-Reality-Daniel sat up, and rubbed his head. "What the?" Knowing that he was not the real Daniel, and also knowing that he didn't like either of them, Frost began to think. Daniel, or at least, alternate-Daniel, was apparently one of the Demons, and had the ability to warp time. He had to be stopped.

Drawing his sword sharply, Tiberius Frost swung the blade around in a gleaming arc of death. It cut through the thin neck like a hot knife through cold butter. Alternate-Daniel's head thudded dully on the alternate-basement floor. Alternate-Jess screamed.

Frost wiped his sword on the alternate-ugly-white sofa. It did not vibrate.
    He picked up the phone he didn't own, which didn't vibrate either. He resolved to find some money for a vibrate. Not for the sword.

Alternate-Demon-Daniel's mortal form was already de-materialising. Alternate-Jess had stopped screaming. Grabbing her by the hand, Frost lifted her to her alternate-feet.
    Just to add a touch of cheese, (and because I was dissapointed when it wasn't in T3) he said:
    "Come with me if you want to live."
    Frost and alternate-Jess stepped out of the basement.....

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 18, 2003 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>

Inactive Member danielwoodfield2's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...for I am the only one who can feel, nobody exists outside of me. They are the feelings of right and wrong, good and bad, order and chaos. No names, faces or voices. The silent few that brush against me, whispering their deepest secrets. My senses are blinded to them, but they toy with my emotions, caress them, tear at them, untill they have pulled away the delicate web of feelings. It is then when the dam of sanity shall be breached, and a flow of madness shall wash over me. For that one moment in time I have only one feeling, rage. They have broken my strength, in all its greatness, left me to ensure that crude violence shall consume all. For I am the keeper of the antidote, and only when I have been quenched of my thirst for blood shall the cure be released ...

Inactive Member danielwoodfield's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clarke was driving. Not with purpose, nor determination. He was just driving. The road streached out as far as the eye can see ahead of him, just as it had been for the last ten minutes. Had it been ten minutes? It could have been longer. How would he tell? No watch, no clock in the car. They were gone. As if they never existed. Clarke just concentrated on his driving. No corners, no hills. Just straight road.The road streached out as far as the eye can see ahead of him, just as it had been for the last ten minutes. Had it been ten minutes? It could have been longer. How would he tell? No watch, no clock in the car. They were gone. As if they never existed. Clarke just concentrated on his driving. Clarke looked at the fuel gauge. Empty. Perhaps he could find somewhere to stop. Clarke glanced around. Just road. The road streached out as far as the eye can see ahead of him, just as it had been for the last ten minutes. Had it been ten minutes? It could have been longer. How would he tell? No watch, no clock in the car. They were gone. As if they never existed. Clarke wondered when he could stop. He needed a rest. But there was nothing around him. Just road. Clarke had figured it out now. This twisted reality suddenly made sense. Clarke ripped on the hand brake, and bought the car around. It was time for a change in direction. The car spun, around again and again. Now Clarke was facing down a long, straight empty road. No corners or hills, no stops. Clarke wondered, now which direction was he facing in. Did it matter? Clarke began driving again, looking for a place to stop, to get gas and have a rest. Clarke wondered how long he had been driving for....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Frost and alternate-Jess stepped out of the basement.....

Before them lay a desert, endless, mindless, nothingness...
    Frost's mind went blank. He felt nothing, and he saw nothing. The desert had some kind of effect on him. It mocked his senses, it ridiculed his mind.

Alternate-Jess grasped his hand tighter. She was afraid, she didn't know what to believe anymore. This was beyond her knowledge, she'dnever even contemplated the possibilty of anything like this...

The basement was gone. They stood alone in a wasteland.
    There should have been hills.....there weren't.
    There should have been trees.....there weren't.
    There should have been clouds....there weren't.

Frost looked at the phone.
    It didn't vibrate.

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ July 30, 2003 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12