Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chris wasn't sure what she was implying. But considering it more seemed stupid. She had given him the choice.

"I'll give you a lift home. Where do you live?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nora smiled. " Mayfair Park."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

David Frost glanced at his watch. It was 9:41 and 38 seconds. He was bored. But he was also tired and couldn't be bothered getting up.
    He couldn't think either, perhaps it was time he got some proper sleep. Dammit, though, he would have to drive home. And he still had to get rid of...

Frost glanced over at Portia Fraser, laid on her side next to him. Her right hand was propped up on her hip, the other under her head, scarlet fingernails tangled in her long blonde hair. Pink lips pouted at him, her black-lined eyes gazed half closed.
    Her pale, porcelain skin, completely waxed, was concealed beneath a light satin sheet, so thin it could almost be seen through, which cleanly outlined the naked curves rolling hips and tight waist. Her smooth thighs ran down into long, thin, legs, crossed over at the knees.
    Her firm, round breasts lay exposed, treaures so rare that many men would give various body parts just for a glimpse. Portia's voluptuous bosom pointed tirelessly upward, sharp, pink nipples standing perkily, glistening a little with moisture in the dim light.
    She licked her lips with a soft, wet tongue, and smiled softly.

If only he had a camera, thought Frost. Well, maybe he could just sleep here. He smiled back at Portia.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Ok, that's cool"

Chris knew where Mayfair park was, a couple of Clarke's friends lived down there. It was a way out of town, but the drive was good.

Nora followed him out of the front door. He locked it behind him, and used the remote he had taken off the kitchen bench to open the garage. The car was in god condition, in need of a wash, but otherwise fine. The interior was clean at least. He wasn't overly fussy, he just liked a clean car (although he was used to friends messing it up).

He unlocked the doors, and held the passenger door open for Nora. Then he got in, and they drove off.

Mayfair park was about a 20 minute drive away, Traffic permitting. Chris figured he should find something to say, or it would be a rather boring trip.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nora sat down, and Chris started the car. They were away.
    After a few minutes of silence, Nora began to desparately search her mind for something to say. There had to be something, she reasoned. Two people who have had only limited contact couldn't run out of conversation that quickly.
    They were both human beings and had grown up in the same cultural environment. Therefore they must share some common interest.
    A few minutes more passed. Perhaps they weren't both human beings who had grown up in the same cultural environment.
    " So- you have lived here all your life?" she ventured.
    It was the kind of question asked that could lead one of three ways- they could both end up on tangents, randomly reciting parts of their pasts, neither of them actually listening to the other. They could take turns at life-story narratives, guarenteed to be tedious and filled with details and names that only interested the narrator. Or halfway through they could get sidetracked by something else. Nora didn't really care. Anything was preferable to the silence.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Conversation was pretty dull, but then again, Chris wasn't exactly a natural at it. He had confidence in some areas, but in others he wasn't so good. Universally interesting conversation was one of them. He could talk for hours about cars, computers or music, but other topics were a bit more difficult, and just seemed to trail off. He gave it his best shot though.

"Yup. Same house and everything. Pretty boring, I know. I know most of the people in town. All the important ones, at least. Or, I like to think I do. There always ends up being someone new, though. What about you?"

He stopped at a red light, and a familiar white Skyline pulled up next to him, engine growling. Chris lowered his window, and Clarke did the same.
    Chris spoke first. "Hey man, hows things?"

"Oh, Not too bad, not too bad. And yourself?"

"Pretty good, same old. Just takin Nora home."

"Oh, right. This the one you were talkin about at the party, is it? The chick you said you were screwing?"

The light went green, and Clarke sped off, grinning to himself. Chris moved off slowly. Nora glared at him.
    Clarke's comment was a lie, of course. He never could resist a joke, but this time Chris thought he was taking it a bit too far. Not knowing what to say, he waited for Nora to comment.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nora wasn't sure at all. How to react? She didn't think that Chris was like that. But the boy had just said that he was.

" Who was that?" she asked, giving Chris a chance to explain himself. Of course, he would deny ever having said anything like that. But still, an explanation might help.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nora hadn't reacted the way Chris had expected, and for that he was very thankful. Still, an explanation was needed.

"That's my friend Clarke. He's a pretty cool guy, just a bit of a stirrer. I was talking to him on Saturday night, I mentioned that I'd lost your number. Guess he elaborated on it a bit. I wouldn't trust much of what he says, though."

He hoped that was a good enough explanation, but if she didn't believe him, and kept asking questions, he could be in trouble.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123