Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He laid in the dark room alone. Waiting for his captive to speak to him. He sat still waiting planing on what he would say thinking to him slef he is not goning to die today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The movement couldn't have been good for Frost's condition, but it was necessary. Gerald wasn't entirely sure how he had gotten the man past the guards without being noticed. Perhaps he had been noticed, but Chris' men's preoccupation with Clarke and whatever had happened out the front increased chances of a successful infiltration dramatically.
    Still, he was uncomfortable seeking refuge in the base of enemies. Enemies who had done this to Frost.

"I'm here under the Ninja", he began. "We're at the target location, though from the briefing it sounded as though it would have looked more of the original supermarket than is actually apparent."

He looked towards the door. It wouldn't hold if someone was determined to enter. He relied solely upon the uncertain idea that he had not been spotted on entry.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Ninja. Clarke.
    'Damn', thought Frost. This had gotten messier than he had anticipated.

"And the situation involving this location then, Gerald? What have you learned? Your own interpretations, calculations, opinions, deductions and theories? What do you think?"
    He paused a moment, and added:
    "Where is your superior now, then? Have you maintained contact?"

The fact that Clarke was not here to greet him was hardly surprising, but it was doubtful that the man was doing anything useful. No matter, it was probably better that he didn't have to deal with Clarke just yet anyway.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nora had always been a better leader than Chris. Although he never admitted it, he usually always took her advice in times of crisis, as she was a much better strategist than he was, and had a natural ability to think under pressure, which had saved the colonies in many difficult times. Sadly, many of the people didn't realise this, and continued to support Chris as the leader. It wasn't that he was a bad leader, far from it. He thought clearly, and acted decisively. The order for his sniper to act with extreme prejudice at night time was followed without question, and the logic of it was sound. Nobody with good intent travels alone at night, no matter what their condition or their requirements. Nobody. Certainly not this Dweller, who stood in front of him, still blindfolded, completely sure of himself despite his situation.

"You seem far too cocky for someone in your position, Dweller. What Nora has said rings true, your companion should not have been travelling at night, least of all near an outpost. You should know this, your sheltered upbringing should not have left you completely blind to the common rules of this world. We did only what was necessary and cautious. Your failed act of revenge has put you far out of favour with us, and you seem to be moving further and further from redemption."

His thoughts moved to the current situation. Their prisoner was missing. Search parties were deployed, so the task at hand was now to secure the outpost.

"The prisoner goes into the cold chamber. Two guards, safeties off. Shoot if he tries anything at all." "Not that he'll even be able to get out", he thought.
    "Put the entire outpost on high alert. All rules apply, nobody comes in or out, guards covering all stations."

He looked back at the Dweller. The Cold Chamber would be his final resting place, unless he could talk his way out of it. He expected some kind of reply, a plea bargain perhaps. Time was running out for this soul, and his friends would soon follow. Chris didn't particularly mind, once this episode was over, bodies would be disposed of, and business would return to normal. It was harsh, but certain things had to be done, in his opinion.

Inactive Member danielwoodfield's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Is this what you do with all your problems, Wesley?" Clarke mused. "Still not man enought to face up to them?"

"I know you are making a big mistake, and I will give you one last chance to help me, before I have to deal with you. I'm sure you would not wish to be humiliated in front of your friends here, would you?"

Clarke waited for the response, slowly tensing his muscles, ready for anything.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"The Ninja was caught," began Gerald, and even saying that brought a small shock to him, as though he was coming to terms with the fact that his leader was not, in fact, infallible. "Last I saw he was being questioned, in daylight, though I'm sure he would have been placed in confinement of some sort by now."
    Though obviously not infallible, Gerlad knew Clarke was far more likely to be in some condition to do what was needed when he was released than the other two fools who had been incarcerated already.

"From what I can see our operation seems dependant on whatever it was you were carrying. Is it in a recoverable position?" This bordered on a lie, of course. Gerald's operation was to recieve what was being transported. He knew naught on the actual mission itself.
    However, he did know that if what was needed was in a specific place identifiable by Tiberius, it would be a place Gerald couldn't hope to find it and bring it to Clarke. They needed the crippled hero, for now.

He searched around for something to transport the man in better.. A shopping trolley from before the incident, anything. If the Skyline was still in working order, it would be perfect if he could get to it.

First, though, he would need rest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Frost spoke quietly, and despiten his position managed his sual determined voice.

"You need not worry about that, Mr Blake. Everything is under control. There is always a plan in case of these circumstances."

It was a lie, of course. But Blake was a soldier where Frost was an officer, so to speak, and he couldn't let sign of weakness show. Gerald had to believe that his mission was not futile.

"Mr Blake," he asked, "If The Ninja has been captured, then the staff of this outpost will be preoccupied in restraining him. Given that you have gathered information of some sort on these people, would it be, in your opinion, a wise move to attempt our escape now? After all, I doubt that they would have much respect for someone of my status, if and when they find me here."

He paused. He had to be honest here. He looked Gerald in the eye, and said:
    "You know more about this than I, Gerald. Make the call. There may be rewards in it for you. This mission is more important than you know."

<font color="#333366" size="1">[ April 29, 2004 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Tiberius Frost. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By now it wouldn't matter too much when they left the building, Gerald knew. Of course, Frost would be oblivious to the amount of time he had been lying where he was before coming to and discussing these matters.
    The mention of a backup plan, of a hope shining through all of what had seemed chaos and HQ's designs in shambles to Gerald anchored him, though. He would act to the best of his abilities as usual, of course, but this only renewed his confidence in the ability, and perhaps motives of his superiors, no matter how incalculable and concealed they might be.

The generosity of Tiberius' wounds appeared to have come to a close, it seemed, but moving the man might turn out to be another thing entirely. He would live, but would face torture trying to move any more than he was already.
    "I'll not move you now," began Gerald. "Not with what we have here." He paused, setting his mind to a course of action even as he spoke. Rushing in a little too quickly. "I'll see if I can find something to move you to a better location with, but you're going to need some more rest before we try anything."

Gerald moved to the door, and as he turned the handle he wondered how the Ninja fared.

Inactive Member danielwoodfield's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The "Ninja" walked calmly away from the cold store, down the corridor. It was just like a scene commonly used in movies, walking away with a smug look on his face, iceblock in mouth, trying to conceal the slowly congealing blood on a heavily dented 2.8kg frozen chicken, while stooping low to hyjack the wallet of another fallen guard. What movie, the Ninja was unsure of.

Clarke would quickly have to retrace his steps of the night before, find his room and recover his things. Without his scanner, finding the object, hopefully with Frost still attached to it, would be much more difficult. But first of all, Clarke needed a weapon, something a bit more effective than a frozen chicken.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looking one last time down the harshly lit corridor Gerald stepped back into the store room, twisted the door handle and drew the door to a close swiftly. One could not be too quiet.
    His eyes took time to again adapt to the light in the dank room but he knew Tiberius would be awake. He could almost feel the man's gaze boring into him.
    "The Ninja's gone and tried to play hero again. He's slipped from them but it can only be a matter of time before they find him." Gerald's faith in his leader's abilities had been rather shaken by the night's events. "And they're looking hard. I've no doubt they'll find us too."
    The dark of the room receded slowly and Gerald saw the outline of Tiberius slide from his seat on the bench to stand, leaning on it. He was breathing, but he was breathing heavily. The shot must have been a glancing blow and the man must have an incredible metabolism to be able to move like he was, but he was nonetheless in pain.
    "If they're going to find us we need to move now. Let your ninja get himself out of his own problems."

<font color="white">Sorry for breaking some rules and (both for now and before) not making any sense. I read an old post or two of mine and didn't understand any of it.</font>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234