Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's the middle of town on a busy day. There are shops and cafes, and lots of people. All shops are open for business. There's always plenty to do in town, if you look in the right places.

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ January 23, 2004 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Chris Wesley ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Frost was in the middle of town for some reason, sitting on a bench. He looked around, noticing that a lot of things that were happening.
    An incredibly hot chick walked up for no reason.
    Frost looked up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chris walked through town, with nothing in particular on his mind. He had some money... should go look at some CDs or something.

A goth was sitting on a park bench, ogling a girl as she walked past him.

Chris was about to walk into Sounds, when something hit him in the back of the head. Hard. Seeing stars, he fell to the ground...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

" Oh my god!" exclaimed Nora. One of her freinds squeaked in an under-developed-scream kind of way. They clustered, and watched the person who had thrown the thing.

" Do you know who that is?" one of her friends whispered.
    " No- but do you think we should help him?" someone replied.
    " No way." someone else asserted. " Did you see the guy who threw it? We should leave right now."
    " If it were me, I would want someone to help me." the first girl said.
    " Yeah, but it isn't you, or else we would." the third girl answered.
    " But what if he were in our place and we were in his place? That man looks a bit nasty." the second girl said.
    " Well, what can we do?" whispered Nora.
    " We could pretend we know him." the first girl said.
    " Yeah, we could, I guess." the third girl answered reluctantly.

Nora cast her eyes around hopefully, seeing if there was anyone else around who might handle the situation better then four teenage girls.

" You know, " said the first girl. " He might not need any help. Perhaps they know each other- or perhaps the shop keeper has called the police by now."

" Perhaps." whispered Nora. " What if we give him until the man is halfway across the plaza to stand up. If he does, we let him deal with it himself. But if he doesn't, we rush in and pretend we know him."

Her friends nodded.

Stand up! Stand up! she urged the boy. Stand up, so that we don't have to get involved.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chris wasn't going anywhere in a hurry. He couldn't see properly, partly due to the fact that he was face down on the concrete, and partly due to the fact that the pain was blurring his vision rather severely.

He was too weak to get up, whatever it was had hit him damn hard. He wasn't even sure if he was conscious.

Nobody came to help him.
    Bastards, thought Chris.

<font color="#f7f7f7" size="1">[ January 30, 2004 05:26 AM: Message edited by: Chris Wesley ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tiberius watched all the people in the mall pretend that they hadn't noticed anything. Everyone was watching this guy stroll across the mall to the kid, but none of them would have admitted it. Even the hot girl who'd walked past him just a moment before started to glance innocently around them room, attempting to prove that she didn't care what happened next.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anita (previously referred to as the first girl) whispered " I think we should help him."
    Nora nodded. " Yes. Run."

Anita and Nora ran in a girly and nonchalant fashion towards the boy on the ground.

" David? Are you ok?" Anita asked. She knelt down and looked at him. " I don't think he is very well. Can you stand up, David?"

The boy didn't answer. Nora looked around and saw a boy sitting on a bench nearby. " Excuse me," she said hesitantly. " I don't think David can stand up at the moment. Could you help us get him on his feet?"

She glanced across the square, where the nasty looking man had slowed down. The rest of Nora's friends walked towards them, forming a circle around the boy on the ground.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Uhh."

Chris groaned. He was still in a lot of pain, but he sensed some people around him. Help! At last.
    He lifted his head, with some difficulty, and looked up. It was a blur, but what he could see resembled a girl. There were possibly more outside of his currently limited vision. One of them called him "David." Who was David? Were they talking to him? Or to someone he couldn't see?

With a little effort, he raised his left arm.
    "...Help?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Um.. Yea, sure."
    Frost walked quickly over to the fallen kid, who reached out an arm. Tiberius grabbed the outstretched hand and lifted him up.
    "Watch yourself, kid, that's a nasty bump you've got there." he said.

'David' seemed to be hurting like hell. Frost turned to the girl. "Is this guy your brother or something?" he asked.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The boy was concious. That was a start, at least.

Anita shook her head. " No, I've never seen him before."

Nora took 'David''s other arm.

" What should we do with him now? What should we do with you?" Nora addressed both of the boys quietly. She figured that one of them should have an idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast