Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Thaylias, along with the others, watches as Azuritalagasts silhouette flys from view. Gathering around the fire the tense emotions from the companions mingles in the cold mountain air. "This is going to be a very tough fight,"Kel states. Thaylias nods silently while continueing to look to the night sky but seeing only stars. Something is obviously bothering him.. maybe its the realization that this foe might possess a might and intellect that they cannot defeat. He shakes the pessimistic thought from his mind while looking to the gathered group of brave adventures.

"From what Ghengis and Gladilina have told us of this evil she-dragon it is most asured that we will soon face our toughest foe yet. True, she can probably call upon the powers of her evil god along with razor sharp teeth and claws.. oh and do not forget that horrifying breath that dragons are so fond of. But together as a unified group do we not also possess this strength? Our approach is most important. Once we get close to the lair we shall need a scout to determine the layout of her surroundings." ~he looks to see if Gladilina is about, thinking that if she wants a show between them and the dragon then she might be obliged to scout ahead at what they may face.~

"If we can catch the beast while sleeping perhaps Celene and I could quietly move to a flanking position ahead of everyone else but wait and hold... the problem is getting there undetected by Azuritalagast. If I could manage that this Shadow armor will come in handy." ~the human Knight looks down to his ebony armor.. glad for its darkness and the possible advantage it could give him.~ "If we are fortunate thus far we draw her out by unleashing all the arcane powers possible ... anything to flame anger and to urge her to charge. If that could happen and I do stress if.. then Celene and I could be in a position to strike fast and hard against her. Allie is the stealthiest of us all and she could strike and do her damage as she sees best."

Thaylias grabs a nearbye branch and pokes the fires embers with it.. stirring sparks that fly upward with the fire's smoke. "Well, I guess its a little early to hope that things would work out in that manner, only time will tell." He looks to the friendly faces around him. "Some of the minds here are sharper than my blade," said with a grin. "I am sure we will come up with a formidable plan once we assess the situation with more detail."

ooc: Im half asleep but wanted to start this while its fresh on my mind so forgive the rambling. Hopefully we will come up with something that may give us an edge.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OOC: Sorry, I tried posting earlier this week, but my comp went wonky.

IC:

Thurvold frowns, "Dragonsenses aren't easily fooled. No disrespect meant to the halfling, but if she sneaks ahead and gets caught, she's toast."

Kel archs a brow at that, then says, "I like the idea of catching her asleep, but if she has spells akin to magical mouths or alarms... that may not be possible. It would also add to the difficulty any sneaking period might face. Still, angering might work, but we'd have to know WHAT upsets the dragon. Blasphemy against this 'Tiamat' she serves? Some part of me wonders how wise that is."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Allie chuckles a bit. She's gotten past dragons before while they were distracted. The halfling gives some thought before speaking, "It is likely that this dragon will not be like the others we've fought. If she's older, expect her to cast spells of both defense and offense as well as using her electricity dragon breath and physical attacks. I would suggest those who can, prepare spells to counter any magic the dragon uses to protect herself. Casting magic on ourselves to protect from electricity and added strength, stamina or speed would be prudent as well." She then pauses, not really liking what she's about to say next, and doubts others will either. "Summoning monsters might also work as distractions for the fighters, not that they would do much harm to the dragon herself."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The psion stands close beside the knight as he speaks and pokes the embers. She listens in silence as her companions speak, her eyes thoughtful. "Actually I like the idea of close distraction to avert her gaze, giving others a chance to catch her unawares from afar. With Alli's stealth and Thay's blade she'll have a bit to contend with before we all suddenly strike her. I am for this idea."

She nods softly, concealing her worry. So far...they've -almost- always made it without a hitch.