Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Time is running out for the group to shop before Friday night's game.

The party is holding some items (armors and such) that aren't being used by anyone which could be sold to add to our gold supply so we /can/ purchase. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I know...

Sadly, even for me, Real Life responsiblities come first, never mind the fact that there's a LOT of gear from more than one adventure to inventory anew here.

One thing I am sure of, if it is possible to get them identified quickly enough, and if the party was amedible, Kel would make the identification of the magic items they've collected priority #1 on any shopping spree.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to repost from another thread, the where loot from that evil adventuring group was taken before we visited the dwarves.

Remember, this was just who was holding onto what, not a give away per se.

Fine? assuming everyone may split this among their steeds as well as they choose:
    Magic stuff:
    Okay, Mage scrolls, books and bracers go to Lir
    Half Orc?s cloak goes to Kel (Who plans to try it out)
    Cleric Scrolls go to Gralla
    Lenses get passed around, but chiefly carried by Allie
    Shanti gets to carry (or use) the red Cleric?s cloak
    The fifteen potions will be split up as evenly as possible between the PCs numberwise each to carry a certain amount. I THINK There were five of us, so everyone should have 3 of those potions each.
    NON Magical stuff:
    Allie will carry thief?s tools, and silk rope (seems more useful to her)
    Kel will carry master work studded leather, but not wear it for now. He?ll also carry the masterwork short bow (and use it)
    Gralla will be handed Kel?s old short bow and some arrows in case she gets trapped behind a portcullis again (If you prefer a crossbow, see if Shanti will trade). She?ll get the red Cleric?s armor, morning star, and steel shield.
    Lir will get Masterwork arrows and Long bow (even if he prefers the old one) and gets the bone tube
    Shanti will be handed the crossbow and bolts.
    Waterskins and food supplies will be used to supplement everyone and split evenly again.
    Goldwise, everyone should get 200 gp each. The important thing is it is split fairly.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now, of all the stuff folks were carrying from that (That's not even counting the Dwarf King's gifts or the Bugbear loot) who wants to get rid of what? We'll put that in the pile to sell so to speak. Lir, for example, has two bows to choose from now and I am sure would be happy to either sell the extra or give it to Thaylias or something.

Kel would STRONGLY urge folks to make sure everyone in the party has some ranged attack weapon, especially after facing flying foes such as manticores and wyverns.

Kel plans to keep the masterwork short bow.

DM, is there anyway to find out in character (besides trial and error) to find out if the masterwork studded leather will ruin his spells more than his own leather armor? If it does, and he knows this, he'll sell it or offer it to someone else.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both sets of Thieve's Tools Allie has are Masterwork, so the one will be given back to be resold. That's about all that she's carrying that's defined party treasure that isn't being used.

Three spellcasters, two at least of which can cast Identify, will be of help with finding out what we have as well, if obtaining the necessary pearls are cheaper than paying the merchant's fees to have them done.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's also not that much left to identify.

Six of the potions were identified by the baroness' alchemist as 3 CMW and 3 Bear's Endurance.

That leaves the two black cloaks, and the lenses that I remember, and Allie's already got a basic guess about what the lenses are based on what they do even if she isn't absolutely certain yet...Bardic Lore.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, except I suspect it will be faster (even if more expensive) to have NPC do the Identifying since such could occur while the PCs are out shopping, dealing with Sol, etc. As the group has been told to 'hurry' by the Hamadryad, and dark omens abound my own thought was saving time was more important than saving money.

If it won't save time period, then yeah, the party could (and should)do it themselves.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 09, 2005 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Dramavictim ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lirinor can ID all the items with a single day's spell preparations.

If Thay doesn't want his spare bow, he'll drop it in the pile.

If we spend any significant time in Talagon City, he'll want to spend some time learning what's in the spell book he got from that bad, bad mage.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 09, 2005 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Einkilirinkor ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, we're splitting hairs right now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

There's party treasure that can be sold and the funds split amongst the party. We as individuals can also sell items we own to bolster our personal wealth, and/or purchase. The DM wanted everyone's shopping list by Friday, which probably means we'll be on the road again after hearing what Sol has to say. As I write this comment it's Wednesday evening...49 hours till game time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    Well, we're splitting hairs right now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

There's party treasure that can be sold and the funds split amongst the party. We as individuals can also sell items we own to bolster our personal wealth, and/or purchase. The DM wanted everyone's shopping list by Friday, which probably means we'll be on the road again after hearing what Sol has to say. As I write this comment it's Wednesday evening...49 hours till game time.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah. I know.

*Whistles to see who else is in the bushes*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    There's also not that much left to identify.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True, the potions are checked out. Like I said, the above was a COPY of an earlier post.

That leaves the two black cloaks, and the lenses that I remember, and Allie's already got a basic guess about what the lenses are based on what they do even if she isn't absolutely certain yet...Bardic Lore.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, there are three unidentified cloaks... if you count the one from the Bugbear and the two from the above mentioned evil party. There is also, I believe, those gifts from the Dwarven King... though Kel asked about his item and was told much 'off panel', but it would still be nice to have those checked out as well. I am probably misremembering something to be fair.

On the mechanics side, it is good to have all the pluses and minuses in a row so our DM doesn't do all the work. On the role playing side, our characters have already expressed curiousity and I can't picture them ignoring these things forever.

Again, Kel thinks time is more valuable than money at this moment, and if a few hours can be saved by having this stuff identified by others at psuedo-reasonable rates, he is 100% for it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast