Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You remember the Changeling chat rooms? They used to be Be Seen. Once they died off, some programmers designed their own scripts and made their own.

Einkil-p and I tried one out last year, the New Agengard one. It was slow and awkward and with some browsers had this annoying flash that made it seem like a seizure. It has worked well for those who use it, but I want something better for my players, and I think we are on the way to finding it.

As an aside to everyone else, I downloaded the MUSH client and it took 5 seconds to download, under a minute to install, and takes up almost no room on the harddrive. I am currently planning to esxperiment with our techie friend here.... I like what I have seen so far, and this has real potential.....but decisions are FAR from being finalized.

Inactive Member rahnewhitebriar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Learning curve or not, I'm intrigued by the possibilities of a MUSH...and we're coming up on the time of year where I can dedicate some attention to figuring out the nuances of the new format.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Nancy and I have spent the past few hours trying to set up a trial run, with some trouble, possibly due to a router.

I am confident she can get this going, but settup difficulties aside, I like what I see.

It's free (well, technically I SHOULD pay for it once I decide I like it). It has the capability to cut and paste and keep a log WITHOUT HAVING to cut and paste (old changeling players will recall that nuissance). It's not hard on the eyes. Colors can be configured. It's private, and has no pop ups, which are always big issues.

I'm liking the potential, and will keep working to get this done (well...Nancy is doing MOST of the work).

I think this may even end up being the choice for those with sustem requirement issues, as it seems to take up less space and without the hidden crap that comes with browsers.

Will update as we go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12