Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My original plan when I conceived of this game, was to allow any character to join any quest. It did not take long to see the flaws in that plan. However, it is opnly really flawed when the characters are of levels that are too diverse in level.

I could see this working once more, and it gives people the chance to play whom they want, or whomever they feel is good for the adventure, or a chance to put aside characters they are bored with or whatever.

It may get confusing, but it also enables someone to jump right in with a character in case of death.

I would like to see what everyone else has to say about this before making a decision, and if Mark can read this but not post, he should post to the Yahoo groups or email me, and I can post it for him here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In case of possible confusion:

I'm proposing that future campaigns still be the long running events such as Devonshire where the characters don't return until the story plays itself out, or they just ride back on their own.

I'm just advocating letting the existing groups split up and form new alliances. There will still only be one character in play at a time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Since Starshadow asked us to decide where to go with the "Newbie" characters now that they're 5th level specifically for the next adventure to be held this week, I thought of this:

The Devonshire troupe is 11th going on 12th.
    The troupe about to meet the Oracle is 9th going on 10th.
    The Newbies just reached 5th.
    The three surviving members of the 1st group are also 11th.

The gaps are closing between the three groups. How does this sound to everyone?
    We play the newbies until the missing players return, then we work to wrap up the two ongoing adventures so that everyone will eventually return to the CFI. Since there will be so little difference between levels by that point, we could opt to "mix and match" the characters currently in the mix. This would allow those of us with 3 or 4 characters to play in multiple groups as needed, while those with fewer won't need to feel left out either, and they can place their characters into troupes where there are gaps.

Thus Gralla and Lir might join a troupe with Einkil and Celene, while Allie could join with Lyra and Finley, etc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    In case of possible confusion:

I'm proposing that future campaigns still be the long running events such as Devonshire where the characters don't return until the story plays itself out, or they just ride back on their own.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See, I actually LIKE the whole Catalina's tale whisks you away and then carries you back again approach. I think it is one of the more creative ideas I've seen a DM do in a long time, and it is a 'logical' (for a fantasy world) way to explain strange comings and goings. Now, I understand that, especially as groups get higher level, it won't always be an option, but speaking for myself I'd be disapointed if it got thrown out entirely, or even mostly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 19, 2005 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Hummingbird ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

{Posted on behalf of Mark...not from the DM}

I finally was able to read the boards last night and read your note saying I could just respond to you w/ my opinion. If I interpreted the others opinions correctly then there is a case for the longer in depth continouos adventure and the quick and sudden CF adventure. I lean more to the longer ones myself but I too agree that the short CF ones are very exciting and give a break. And they are great for the instances when we are short one or two players.
    As far as the younger group (Finley) I think you gave us a possible opening to adventures in the game itsef from the invitation from the Barons to be granted titles within those lands. I would like to persue that, of course if only everyone else is game. Also, I do wish to get back to the other group. Bad thing for me is that all my notes that I wrote concerning that adventure are lost from the move. But once/ if we get going on that again I'll be able to fill in the pieces.
    I dont think I've answered your question DM but I do know that I am happy either way. You have provided us with large multi directional campaigns and short action filled instances. For the longest time since I have been playing I have somewhat felt like the outsider looking in, and that at times has weakened my RP. But after a year I think a level of comfort has been established and I can feel more part of the team. And its the Team mentality that I oblige to. In other words what ever everyone is more up to , then I to will go that way. As mentioned I am happy with everything you have provided for us. You have to do all the prep and behind the scenes work, are you happy? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I really havent work much on the posting issue im having, its been a long week filled w/ good and bad. I WILL get to it soon. But let me at least at this time say again... Thanks for providing us with a weekly get away with each other. I hope it continues for a long time.

Why is there no sweet tea in the North?
    Mark

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am thinking getting the newbies to mid level and playing mix and match seems fine, as long as it doesn't interfere with the plotlines the DM has running.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pursuing the titles, and perhaps having an actual keep/stronghold as a base of operations away from the CFI, and defending it and the surrounding villages would suit one of the long term goals I have for Clementine, namely to be a hunter of the realm's greatest evils.