Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, Shanti took the gold dragon comb with a red garnet eye, and will hence forth have it adorning her tresses....

However, on behalf of the party the blink ring has just become irrelevant to her, as has the staff of frost which she has proven she can out last (even though now she can actually use it!). Therefore....

Sell both the Staff and blink ring unless someone else wants to claim, and split the proceeds amongst the party. [img]smile.gif[/img] There, now I've added to the confusion! Have fun!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Ring of Blink would have uses for Allie. (Passing through doors, etc.) If Shanti doesn't want it, she'll ask for it, or trade the Water Walk ring.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a great trade to me, consider it done [img]smile.gif[/img] The staff should still be sold and divided, so whomever is doing the loot split might want to check with the DM for value and what we can get for it, being in the major city now we should be able to find someone willing to purchase.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Okay, let's consider the staff to be in with the rest of the stuff.

Is the party agreed on selling everything, or does it want to retain high priced gems for ease of carry? Are you going to split the proceeds 6 ways, or in some other fashion considering some players have been missing (although I believe all 6 were present for the actuakl dragon slaying).

Additionally, I need to know WHO is selling the items, and if those characters have feats or special abilities that may aid in getting the best prices (high charisma, diplomacy, appraisal, etc). This WILL impact the total sell price on a hoard of this size.

Also, Talagon has a bank (The Talagon Counting House or TCH). Notes of credit can be provided if you do not wish to carry it all around.

And finally, THIS is the time to make purchases. If you are going to find that thing you so desire anywhere in the nation of Talagon, you are most likely to find it in Talagon City. So let me know what you want, and I will tell you what it will cost. Do NOT rely on the prices in your gaming aids.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Once we have sold the loot personally Shanti would find a note from the bank to be much better than carrying around gems or coin. As for items she might which to purchase, she would decide to go on a little mission to find out if there are any of her kind in the city, as there normally are, just non-psions don't generally notice them, and find out if there might be any dealers of psionic toys in the area, should the horde provide her with enough coin to actually purchase such a device.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:
    Okay, let's consider the staff to be in with the rest of the stuff.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">While Kel's interest in such 'twigs' has certianly grown since he started as a sorcerer, he'd agree with Shanti's wishes on that.

Is the party agreed on selling everything, or does it want to retain high priced gems for ease of carry? Are you going to split the proceeds 6 ways, or in some other fashion considering some players have been missing (although I believe all 6 were present for the actuakl dragon slaying).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First thing, split six ways, because the dragon part was (nearly) a killer. Kel would prefer easy to carry gems to coin, or that strange banking system (which is no doubt alien to Barbosians) but if need be, for personal preference, would be happy to trade it to coin then let each person trade it in for gems/jewelry of their preference.

Additionally, I need to know WHO is selling the items, and if those characters have feats or special abilities that may aid in getting the best prices (high charisma, diplomacy, appraisal, etc). This WILL impact the total sell price on a hoard of this size.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kel has a Charisma of 18, and decent diplomacy .On the other hand, He has know doubt Allie's Appriasial and lore will make her more ideal to make sure they aren't being shafted, so if everyone (esp Allie) is okay with it, he'd like to team up with Allie in selling this stuff. Unless Allie would be prefer to handle it alone.

Also, Talagon has a bank (The Talagon Counting House or TCH). Notes of credit can be provided if you do not wish to carry it all around.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unless someone explains this to him, he likely won't want to do it, and even then any notes would be for smaller amounts (No more than 200 gp)

And finally, THIS is the time to make purchases. If you are going to find that thing you so desire anywhere in the nation of Talagon, you are most likely to find it in Talagon City. So let me know what you want, and I will tell you what it will cost. Do NOT rely on the prices in your gaming aids.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If magic items can be found in this city, Kel may go looking for a bag of holding or some other item that is useful for carrying things without being encumbering or needing oats [img]wink.gif[/img]

He'd like Allie's help on that as well, while he has Knowledge Arcane, again he suspects she would know a con job better than others.

One other thing he hopes to buy are some more POWERFUL Healing potions. He's about out.

And a shield. It need not be magical, but he needs a bonus to his AC since bracers aren't falling out of the sky [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Selling the unwanted stuff and splitting the proceeds six ways, along with opening six lines of credit at the bank is fine with me. I think we should get the sale and split done first, so we know about how much we have to spend before buying.

Allie would suggest Kel be the chief negotiatior because of his high charisma, though she would be willing to come along as assistant appraiser; her Cha is only 15. She'd also explain about the bank's credit system.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

And the loot division is... (drum roll please)

With kel and Allie bargaining like Jewish Diamond dealers in NYC, a fair deal is gotten...in fact, a little more than you might have ordinarily gotten. Who knows, maybe the reputation had something to do with it.

So after we take out the tid bits most of you took, discounted the goblin debt, the Ibix donations, the magical items you got, and not counting any gold you took on your own, the cut each of the SIX heroes get is.... {drum still rolling}

15,000 Gold Falcons, in cash gems or bank note, at your individual discretion! [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123