Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to the wise half orc's suggestion, Thaylias' muscle, Kel's rather practical use of wilderness lore, and Shanti (and Gralla again) willingness to risk polearms to save the staves the group treasure was (If I recorded this right). Lirnor gets points for patience [img]smile.gif[/img]

Silver chalice with lapis lazuli gems, Finely wrought small gold
    bracelet, Golden circlet with four aquamarines, Silk tapestry of a dragon
    rampant , Gold dragon comb with red garnet, Mithril necklace, Gold music
    box, Silver comb with moonstones, Silver chalice with lapis lazuli gems,
    Jeweled electrum ring, Embroidered and bejeweled glove,

Necklace strung with emeralds, Ceremonial electrum dagger with a
    star ruby in the pommel, Cloth of gold vestments, Sapphire pendant on gold
    chain, Fire opal pendant on a fine gold chain, Carved bone statuette of a
    tree goddess, Jeweled anklet, Large well-done wool tapestry (now shot to hell sadly), Obsidian snake
    statue, Finely wrought small
    gold bracelet
    5 rubies, 3 diamonds, 8 emeralds, 20 tiger eyes, 15 quartz
    crystals, 10 tourmaline, 30 turquoise
    Mighty composite shortbow, MW Longbow, MW Breastplate, Tome, 2
    Rings, 3 staves and lantern, which all reveal as magic

There was also an Old masterpiece painting of a native monarch, but I believe I forget if it got left behind or not.

Shanti has called dibs on a dragon comb, and one of the staves. Lir wants one of the staves and (I presume) the tome.

Other than that, it needs to be split...and of course, some of it will go to pay the goblin captain.

EDIT: Oh, and 500 exp I think.
    DM, is all the above right? Probably not, but between the storms and such. That's the closest I got.

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ July 15, 2005 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Dramavictim ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 16, 2005 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Dramavictim ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Mostly right yes.

Thaylias grabbed that portrait in his free hand at the last moment.

BOTH tapestries were used to make the litter, as one would not have done the job.

So the question is, are you planning on racing off to get to the Ibix immediately next game, or do you wish to take some time to review the treasure, properly distribute it and try to figure out what is what? If the latter, I want that exchange to take place here so as not to kill a second gaming night on treasure. If the former, I might say what a shame it would be to walk around a battle field with a flintlock because you haven't looked at the uzi in your backpack.

Either way, it's up to you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

3 of those emeralds ought to be enough to pay the goblin his 3,000 gold. Normally emeralds are one of the most valuable of gems.

The statuary of the snake and tree goddess are of interest to Allie for research/lore value if not their monetary value. Other than that, any of the sparklies and magic rings are fine for the Halfling lass. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:

So the question is, are you planning on racing off to get to the Ibix immediately next game, or do you wish to take some time to review the treasure, properly distribute it and try to figure out what is what? If the latter, I want that exchange to take place here so as not to kill a second gaming night on treasure. If the former, I might say what a shame it would be to walk around a battle field with a flintlock because you haven't looked at the uzi in your backpack.

Either way, it's up to you.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is a good question. The problem with splitting it up and carrying it all individually, if I recall correctly, is that we couldn't possibly carry it and the dragon head without the help of something like the travois that has been rigged up.

Still, nothing to prevent us from taking at least the magic items up into the tree and giving Lirinor and Allie a chance to see what those items do. IF that's what folks want to do.
    That way, if one of those staves is an "uzi", we'll be fully loaded for bear... or dragon or whatever. [img]smile.gif[/img]

We could also appraise and assign who should get what of the share of the other non magical/non combat stuff before hand, but still carry it as a group on that rig.

What do you guys think?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 16, 2005 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Dramavictim ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sound reasoning. Allie has some knowledge of magic, plus her bardic lore which ought to help with some of the enchanted items, at least to determine some basic elements of items.

Plus the Identify spell if enough pearls are at hand. Identify does take 8 hours per casting however, but since she does not need to memorize a specific spell like Lir does, she could cast it twice in a full day, rest, and then cast it two more times...so if we have six white pearls at hand, Lir and I could cast the spell consecutively over three IC days.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I don't know if anyone has pearls or the means to adequately identify magically. however, if everyone will give me appraise rolls, lore related rolls, appplicable knowledge rolls, etc, I will make a listing of what you are able to determine.

An appraise on the gems and jewelry may also be useful for determining split and what to give to the Captain.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Allie has two of the appropriate pearls in her inventory, so at least two of the items can be discerned. Roll related info sent privately for Starshadow's perusal. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Well, since no one else is commenting, and Allie P has already sent rolls and all, unless someone puts up a fuss, I guess you can assume we definitely have the party break for at least a day 'off camera' and do that appraise/identify thing [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As many details as you can get at this time have been sent to the only person in the party who can truly ascertain such details at this time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*drumroll*

At the expense of two pearls worth 1,000 gold total, Allie'll have at least some information on the items, and a bit of other news ready to tell the party by the start of the game on Friday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast