Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooooo...sounds so exciting. I hope it's before Friday! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    *drumroll*

At the expense of two pearls worth 1,000 gold total, Allie'll have at least some information on the items, and a bit of other news ready to tell the party by the start of the game on Friday.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought the GM wanted us to do that before Friday here so not to slow down gameplay again?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Allie, being a bard and a rogue has lots of skills (anyone who wonders how she gets such high rolls in just about everything should takle a gander at what skillpoints those classes get when you have a decent intelligence!) Between her Bardic Lore, her various knowledges and magical ability (trumping the pearlless wizard and sorcerer in this instance), she is able to gather information about items quite handily.

Lyssandra sent me the rolls and methods and spells she intended to have Allie use, and I sent her a crapload of info. Without ruining any surprises or giving anything away about her intentions, let me say that I know she has a LOT to review, and she is likely looking for the right way to explain it all, as well as finding the time to sort through the biggest treasure hoard ever seen at Caer Falken...not to mention finding the time to read it all and type it all out.

Anyway...that's the way I see it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:
    Allie, being a bard and a rogue has lots of skills (anyone who wonders how she gets such high rolls in just about everything should takle a gander at what skillpoints those classes get when you have a decent intelligence!) Between her Bardic Lore, her various knowledges and magical ability (trumping the pearlless wizard and sorcerer in this instance), she is able to gather information about items quite handily.

Lyssandra sent me the rolls and methods and spells she intended to have Allie use, and I sent her a crapload of info. Without ruining any surprises or giving anything away about her intentions, let me say that I know she has a LOT to review, and she is likely looking for the right way to explain it all, as well as finding the time to sort through the biggest treasure hoard ever seen at Caer Falken...not to mention finding the time to read it all and type it all out.

Anyway...that's the way I see it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, cool. As long as it is okay with both her, and you (the DM) then I'm certainly not going to fuss.

And yeah, the little Rogue Bard is a lore and info gathering machine from what little I've seen [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes. Rogues get a lot of skill points per level, and Bards get EVERY Knowledge, plus Language as Class Skills. I've been putting a lot of points into Knowledge: xxx skills, and after 9 levels thus far does have ratings in every Knowledge in the game.

Allie's designed for Lore/Research and sneakery rather than brute combat.

At the beginning of the game session, I'll post what I learned from the DM about the various items. I will tell you in advance that some items are for specific characters, while others can be for whomever. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lirinor isn't greedy . . . just give him something insanely powerful and he'll be content . . . [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehe, well a lot of those powers in that staff are single uses, so use them wisely. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's the dragon hoard we've been carrying about for some time. We still need to decide what was left behind with the ibix. All the magical items are already divvied out so it's just the mundane stuff we need to decide about, less 3,000 gp to get our steeds out of hock from the goblin captain.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

So how does this sound? With the useable items taken, the 3 emeralds given to the captain, tapestries destroyed, part of the loot donated to the ibix, and certain choice pieces taken, this is what remains. You each already took a portion of the gold (not to exceed the 18,000 that was there), based on what you could carry individually (at 50 coins per pound):

Embroidered and bejeweled glove,
    Necklace strung with emeralds,
    Ceremonial electrum dagger with a star ruby in the pommel,
    Cloth of gold vestments,
    Sapphire pendant on gold chain,
    Fire opal pendant on a fine gold chain,
    Jeweled anklet,
    Finely wrought small gold bracelet

5 rubies,
    3 diamonds,
    5 emeralds,
    20 tiger eyes,
    15 quartz crystals,
    10 tourmaline,
    30 turquoise

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds OK to me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Allie has the two statues: bone statue of a tree goddess and the obsidian snake, not having donated them to the Ibix, and I believe Shanti has a comb. This ought to help Kel make a six way split of the treasure a little easier.

Here are some examples of what we're dealing with though:
    Each emerald is worth approx 1,000 GP.
    The rubies are worth about 900 GP each.
    The diamonds, depending on color, could be worth up to 7,000 GP each.
    The unclaimed jeweled anklet: 3,000 GP
    Saphhire pendant on gold chain: 1,400 GP.

Have fun, Kel. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast