Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Most of you have had several characters, and all of you have had at least 2. I invite you to tell me who your favorites have been (even if they are dead now), and why.

Part 2, did you have a character you did not enjoy playing? If so, why?

And finally, pick one character from each of the other players (I think we all know who plays what by now) that you have enjoyed most, and why.

As a DM, I don't get to play, but it would be both fun and informative for me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1) Favorites: I couldn?t possibly pick ?a? favorite.
    I?ll name some in chronological order rather than preference or whatever.

Aoborr was (is) great. There is something very viscerally satisfying about the Barbarian class. There?s more depth than I would have thought at first as well, but part of that is thanks to the DM?s kind leeway with allowing me to make up the Barbos, there?s a whole culture with him that I like to think has added not only to my enjoyment, but the setting.

Ogdell was certainly educational. Usually when playing him I had one website on the chat room, and the other page on an online thesaurus. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] It can be hard playing a character who is so much smarter than oneself, and wizards are very ?squishy? for the first few levels, so he was a challenge, but a rewarding one.

Kel Twoheart is my first (and only) multi class, and I?m really enjoying him. While sorcerers are slow to progress spell level wise compared to wizards, I LOVE the versatility. His background is also very rich, mixing both the Barbos, and his undiscovered elven side which, I think, in some ways he?s actually favoring. In some ways, it is even harder to get a high charisma across online than it is intelligence, and Kel has CHA in spades. Out of all the characters I currently have, I think he blends in best with the group he is in. True, that group has its squabbles sometimes, but Kel left the Barbos expecting to go mad and be alone always, instead he?s found a family.
    My ONE regret about Kel is that I named his dad Kor before realizing that name was already being used apparently.

That?s not to say I didn?t enjoy Aksor, Andros (What is it with me and the A names?), Jaskyn, and even Taer, but not as much as the above. Delnarith is still forming up on me and is my first pure elf in a while (And I hope I?m doing a LG elf ?right? whatever that means) so the jury is still out on him.

2) Not enjoy playing? I enjoy them all at least a little. I would say currently my LEAST Favorite to play is Jaskyn. Don?t get me wrong, I love Jask, but more and more it seems the poor guy is ready to retire to his temple, marry his girl, and so on. The group he started with is not the group he?s with now, and there is more friction than the gentle tempered priest likes. He?s happy to serve his deity, but if it weren?t for his lady ranger love along, I think he?d definitely feel like an odd man out. He does respect the current team he?s on, but to a large degree (again with his lady love being the exception) the connection to them is weaker. Ever have a character you were RPing or writing about buck on you? That?s where Jaskyn is. Now, that is NOT to say I don?t have fun when I play him, just saying out of all he?s the one that is the hardest to get into right now. There have been some (and still ARE) some great times with Jaskyn. I like him. However, as a rule, I prefer my characters to be happy, and Jask is not currently a happy camper. That?s more my fault than anyone else?s.

3) One character from each player?
    Geez, that?s almost harder than picking my own. These are some good players I have the privilege of gaming with and most of them have more than one I like. Still, here?s an attempt. I hope folks realize that just because I mentioned I LIKED this or that one, doesn?t mean I dislike the others, far from it:
    Vilarneseh- The poor guy probably thought he was herding cats when leading his group, but I really do think the elf did admirably. What?s more, an elf raised by humans was interesting to watch. Talk about cut off from your heritage.

Gralla- Fun to watch, because I know her player is constantly reminding herself of Gralla?s limitations, while still bringing out that wisdom at key moments. Kel may ?lead? (well, guide) the group she?s in, but sometimes I think Gralla is the one that really holds it together, and I?m not talking with healing spells only. Her simple honesty keeps them on the straight and narrow.

Clementine- I know, way too new to say for sure, but Clem is actually growing on me. Firstly, she?s cool enough to let herself be called ?Clem? [img]wink.gif[/img] Secondly, and I know this is weird, but she?s been expressive in a quiet way, very laconic, with good body language and a minimum of chatter and yet still doesn?t come across as too aloof or distanced. The reason I?m impressed by this is I just can?t do it myself! Most of my characters are down right yappy. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Thaylias- Probably the finest ?Knight? I?ve seen in a while, whether he?s got the title or not. The dude is brave, courteous, kind, and even frickin humble. Thaylias sometimes gets overlooked, but there?s always the feeling that he?s got your back.

I can?t decide between Shadell or Seara. Shadell was very patient, almost tranquil. She seemed amused by the shorter lived races, but fond of them. Seara is passionate, fiercely devoted to her friends and family, and a wee bit cheeky. They?re so little alike, but out of all of Hummingbird?s excellent characters, I think those two stand out for me.

There were also players no longer among them that had some characters I liked.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Greetings, hmmm, of the characters I have played my favorite would have to be Neanthyl but only by a very small margin. I give him the edge because he was my first character I had made since I was 11 years old, wow that was 1977. Even tho I was very clueless (and still am - kinda [img]smile.gif[/img] ) it was a previlage to be able to play the game that I fell in love w/ as a kid but always wanted to play as an adult. I've really enjoyed playing Thaylias. Dramavictim nailed his personality to a tee. Finley has also been very fun to play.. Dwarves rule! Tho Clementine pointed something out about Finley's beliefs which I inquired about and it turns out I have misinterpreted or just plain erred. I havent decided how to right that situation, something DM and I will have to discuss.
    I have no characters I have played that I disliked or the such. Playing Garrick at first was a little uncomfortable but that is easy to explain,, I had no idea what was going on but with some very nice help I was able to fit right in.

Picking favorite characters from the other players is pretty easy for me. All you are great rp'ers, sometimes you are all so good that its intimidating, but I manage [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I would often laugh aloud because of Ogdell's ways and then the next minute be very impressed with his intelect and demeanor. Very fun to watch and interact w/ as a player.
    Another character sharp of mind and very resourceful is Lirinor. and to compliment him is Kel TwoHeart, the merging friendship between the two ( and the rest of the party) adds alot of rp content to an already rich content game.
    On a whim Allie is off sneaking about to help the rest of us out. Her unpredictable moves have been exciting and most helpful.
    I've always woundered how one would play a half-orc character and whatching Gralla shows me how it is done. Thaylias has always thought her the bravest of his companions.
    Shanti is the most mysterious character and one that I really look forward to seeing grow. I pitty the fool that thinks bad thoughts about her.
    Honestly I could not do justice here on all of the great characters that I have been able to play with. I do look forward to continuing our adventures together. With such great role playing from all of you as an example for me to learn from, I hope to continue to better my play. I am usually beat up tired on Fridays but I do so look forward to my weekly get away to another world. See you all there very soon I am sure.

Oh, I also must say thanks to Christopher for letting me join this group and all his work that goes into this. I wont say more so as not to sound like Im kissing the DM's ass... I've tried that and just wound up in a bad pickle.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite character I've played thus far is Allie. I got a nice combination of stats with her, and the skills have worked out nicely to create a pretty well rounded roguish type.

I can't say I've disliked playing any of my characters thus far though Celene's particular moral character often caused more friction with the group of which she was a part than either the player or character really intended. Likewise, Gwylln's alignment differs from the others in Devonshire, and this causes some IC problems between her and the other characters, though that group's more cohesive than Celene's.

The answers to question #3 might prove surprising to some of you:

I found Straang to be a very enjoyable character even if he didn't get along very well with my character ICly. At one point, Gwylln and Straang might've come to blows if he had done something to the servant in Devonshire. The human hating druid went outside the box of how one normally sees druids and that was his appeal to me.

I cast a vote to Gralla as well for many of the same reasons Dramavictim outlined above.

Vil played the noble, self sacrificing rogue well...balancing both the nature of the rogue with the sometimes conflicting nature of the noble elf.

Finley's an interesting character, mostly because he's not your typical gruff dwarf. By dwarven standards, the cleric's downright gregarious. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The mysterious and secretive psion Shanti is given a nod as a favorite. Not many characters in any of the party can fell a foe with a glance. Too bad she gets blood, usually her own, on her clothes most of the time. [img]smile.gif[/img]