Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Mine will involve ten hours of driving.

The wedding takes place in the next game seesion this friday. I would like input as to what you all plan to do. What do you do in NTD before leaving, what preps do you make for construction, NPC's, etc? How do you want the wedding run? What plans does Kel have in his new village?

That sort of stuff.

Start thinking about it. Eventually, you will get back to killing shit (:

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My apologies. I misread this post and didn't realize a wedding for Kel was expected. I thought you were talking about the follow up to Shanti and Thaylias' wedding instead. Add to that and cold medicine and a cold working together to lower my IQ this week, and catching on otherwise wasn't very likely for me. My apologies for any frustration to the DM or fellow players. Thanksgiving aside, it's not been a great week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It wasn't that we expected a wedding, but I think we all thought you as the player wanted Kel to wed last night based on your previous input on the board and it appeared to the rest of us that Kel's IC intentions to return to the Windcaller Village was for that to happen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

???

Okay, that I don't recall... I remember this post here speaking of Shanti and Thaylias' wedding, and then Kel's possible one
    The former is, imo, far more important than the later from a player perspective and should receive more attention since it involves TWO PCs instead of just one. I have no problem with Kel's wedding being mostly off screen or assumed.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">but I don't recall saying that it needed to be anytime soon. I know he felt he deserted his people too long and wanted to check on their health etc. He is supposed to be their leader after all. And as for Moondawn, it may lead to his mother, so he was curious about that.

Sorry for any miscommunication

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's no big deal really, but every player in the group, except the one most directly involved, was under the impression, based on in game and out of game interaction and discourse, that there would be a wedding, and my previous posts asking for clarification received no input to the contrary, further reinforcing in all of our minds that this was to happen.

It is true that Kel-player said it would be after the other wedding and perhaps with less flair, but I recall nothing saying that it was not going to happen for many months.

The reason I am constantly asking for detail in game and on the hostboard for detailed input, is so this sort of thing does not happen. Communication keeps the game going. Miscommunication...or no communication, leads to confusion.

From now on, nothing happens unless I hear directly from the players involved as to what they want to do, with as much advance notice as possible. So if you are getting married, building a house, hiring a body guard, trading in old lamps for new, crafting an item or taking a new feat, I want to know about it, and approve it, before it becomes an issue.

In the early days of the game, your characters did not pass gas without me knowing about it. As time went on and things evolved, I allowed both players and characters latitude. I stopped collecting upgrades every time you gained a level and stopped asking how many points you put where. That lack of supervision has led to a lack of organization, with some players not even knowing how much money they have.

Please do not misread the tone of this. I am not angry or upset, and this is NOT directed at any specific individual. But we all need to start keeping better records and communicating with each other better.

I am not absolving myself from responsibilty either. I have, due to hardware and software issues, used no fewer than FOUR computers to run the game, and some of my data is missing as well, including the logs from several games.

A lot oftime gets wasted during the game as everyone waits for someon else to do something. I will state again that, I am happy to lay down the scenes, move the plotlines, manage the combats and regulate the universe. But when you are all sitting around in a town, role playing (something I have tried hard not to cut short, because it too is part of the game), someone has to be the one to say, "okay, we are ready to move on now", whether that be handled in character or not.

We all need to focus harder on what is going on.

Of course it is possible that you are becoming bored with the game, and so your attention wanders to other things, causing a 10 minute event to drag on for three hours. Please, if that is the case, let me know. It is only fun for me when it continues to be fun for you.

So, that having been said, we will move on to Moondawn on Friday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In retrospect, my gaming that night was a mistake. The cold symptoms had me in no condition to be 'thinking' in a "starring" role. So to me, fogged up as I was, it seemed as if suddenly it was "Kel's here.... psst, Valley, you're up... narrate the cultural aspects of Barbosian marriage NOW." when I didn't even know when he would be hitched just then because I assumed the NPC bride would have a lot of input in that. My fault for not asking her more ICly and checking OOCly with you before hand in the line of timing I suppose.

It was exactly what I had hoped to avoid when I mentioned it being off panel or hand waved and it was as confusing to me as it was to you, because I PMed you saying something of the effect of "This is news to me. Does he have to get married RIGHT NOW?" to which your response was no. So I posted a delayed time in spring. I tried to create a tradition of Chieftain's wives getting to know the women of the village by staying with them a few months, which immediately had to be deleted because it didn't make sense to you...(Which is fine, your game world) so she instead just left... which ICly made it look like Kel was just there to show her off.

Fine, I rolled with that. I posted him handling things and then ... well, I waited for him to go. You asked me what he would do, I said it... and I thought my part of that was done. I was ready to move on... however, I did not use the magic words "okay, we are ready to move on now" because it seemed it was a given. Unfortunately, if you were wanting focus, that night I was simply not physically and mentally capable of it due to the aforementioned cold.

So I instead accidentally ruined everyone's fun it seemed. [img]frown.gif[/img]

I do have some concerns about my characters in the upcoming epic setting, and the minutiae now required. But that's another subject.

In the interest of simplicity, and so this won't risk happening again this IC spring, perhaps we should simply say that the wedding DID happen off panel, everything is happy hunky dory, and Kel's a married man. A retcon, yes, but one that requires only a hand wave and a snap of the fingers like I pretty much originally wanted but didn't stress properly.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 26, 2007 02:37 AM: Message edited by: Dramavictim ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No one's really to blame. We are all guilty of lapses in communication with one another lately.

The hostboard's a great tool to facilitate discussions about what's coming up, where we want to go physically and hypothetically with the characters, and so forth.

Quite a few times in the recent weeks, the DM has asked us to do 'homework' in the way of discussing here about various and sundry things; often those requests have not been followed through, which in turn causes the startup delays the following week. I know on more than one occasion that I've posted my own feedback to questions such as this and there's been no other participation - whether due to equipment issues, illness, vacation, or some other reason. I didn't post anything on this thread initially because I was waiting for Kel's player to open the discussion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kind of you to say so, but I'm afraid I can't help but feel guilty for the result of my misreading the title of this post and assuming the wrong thing, and then my bad judgment in not knowing when to take a night off. So again, my apologies to fellow players and the DM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dramavictim:

In the interest of simplicity, and so this won't risk happening again this IC spring, perhaps we should simply say that the wedding DID happen off panel, everything is happy hunky dory, and Kel's a married man. A retcon, yes, but one that requires only a hand wave and a snap of the fingers like I pretty much originally wanted but didn't stress properly.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We can do that if you want. I stress, if you want. I don't care about simplicity, I care about everyone being satisfied. But if it is to happen that way, we need to decide before friday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:
    We can do that if you want. I stress, if you want. I don't care about simplicity, I care about everyone being satisfied. But if it is to happen that way, we need to decide before friday.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd prefer that at this point. It's better for a lot of reasons. If Kel ends up in the Abyss for three months, I don't want him accidentally standing his bride to be up. Also, while a wedding would be a great cause of celebration and joy for Kel, as a player, with another wedding between two PCs recently (and very well done), it seems redundant and not very interesting to me.

Much appreciated.