Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Sooo.....

It has been suggested that we start a new group of low level alts to play when someone can't make the game. It has also been suggested that we do this off the map. Perhaps another continent or world or some such.

I am open to hearing opinions on this.

If we do start new characters...the old ones have been mostly forgotten...I want the following commitment:

That we play with a well balance core group of characters.

That means one dedicated warrior type: Fighter, Barbarian, Ranger or Paladin.

One arcane caster: wizard or sorcerer

One healing type: Cleric or Druid.

One utility: rogue or bard

I will not play an NPC along with this group. I open the floor to suggestions here and now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Playing in another part of Fangea or even another D&D world might be fun. That way our other near-epic characters won't be known.

Setting the game in a different environment than the temperate zone around Talagon would give us the opportunity to use different skill sets: an Arctic mountainous terrain would put skills such as climb to regular use. A tropical island or seafaring group would need swim, or profession: fisher.

As I'd already commented in another topic: I have a concept for a Dwarf fighter focusing on guarding and defense that might eventually could go to the Dwarven Defender Prestige Class.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Depending on other input, I might try another"zone". No CFI, but perhaps another inn or central town where you all come from. I don not think we will leave the temperate zone, but I could be persuaded to try the tropics or deserts if the consensus leans that way.

More feedback please.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I was the one who had to cancel on the last game, and I hope (no offense) that next time it's someone else [img]wink.gif[/img]

If I make a character, it will probably be some class I haven't tried at CF yet.
    Fighter or Rogue most likely. I've made at least one of everything else [img]wink.gif[/img]

I think keeping in the GM's world would probably be best unless the GM wishes otherwise, because it gives him more to play with that is his own, and us more to suggest and contribute.

However, another country in that same gameworld might be interesting to see.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember reading materials on some of the sanctioned d&d worlds and being totally immersed in them. If we are to do this it would require us all to buy that material and I would say we dont want to do that.

I was thinking it would be a fun experience to play a little off the grid of the world we have been traveling in our imaginations. But not necessarily to far. The problem with this is it requires the dm to devout time he may not have.

Even if the first two possibilities do not come to fruition I think we are all on agreement of making fresh characters.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with the idea of exploring another part of Fangea.

I wouldn't mind a human rogue, unless Valley decides to play one, let me know ;-)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nancy Indicates she want a fighter
    Valley wants a fighter or rogue
    Tarra indicates she would prefer a rogue
    Mark is uncommited

I know Tarra plays a great Druid, but she may be tired of that. Mark has not yet played a healer or mage of any kind to my recollection (at least not for more than a few games). Valley may also decide to change his mind and go a different direction. You guys discuss it and work it out.

As for venue: Fangea still, but not Talagon. You will all be from the same town, of good alignment and be acquainted with each other and on positive terms.

Potential settings:

Temperate farming valley town, nestled between mountains and woodlands. (Classic D&D)

Tropical Island or mainland coastal village. (Think Swashbuckling)

Nomadic desert setting (Arabian Nights style)

Frozen northern coast (Viking/Beowulf)

Let's start voting and deciding so we can get characters made before the next absence.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My vote for locale:

1. Frozen northern coast
    2. Farm community
    3. Coastal

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"You will all be from the same town, of good alignment and be acquainted with each other and on positive terms."

To go along with that quote, I'd like to also suggest that the characters have an occupation - putting points into a profession and/or craft skill: such as Craft: Weaponsmithing, Profession: Cook, etc. Not only can characters earn money by 'working' during down time to supplement any loot from adventuring, but also the PCs can help one another in some areas without needing to rely exclusively on NPCs. For instance, a PC armorsmith could repair the PC's armor for them during downtime while a PC Bowmaker could keep the archer stocked with arrows. A PC miner in the mountainous areas could mine for raw materials to supply the armorsmith and weaponsmith the things needed to repair armor and weapons, etc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:
    Nancy Indicates she want a fighter
    Valley wants a fighter or rogue
    Tarra indicates she would prefer a rogue
    Mark is uncommited

I know Tarra plays a great Druid, but she may be tired of that. Mark has not yet played a healer or mage of any kind to my recollection (at least not for more than a few games). Valley may also decide to change his mind and go a different direction. You guys discuss it and work it out.

As for venue: Fangea still, but not Talagon. You will all be from the same town, of good alignment and be acquainted with each other and on positive terms.

Potential settings:

Temperate farming valley town, nestled between mountains and woodlands. (Classic D&D)

Tropical Island or mainland coastal village. (Think Swashbuckling)

Nomadic desert setting (Arabian Nights style)

Frozen northern coast (Viking/Beowulf)

Let's start voting and deciding so we can get characters made before the next absence.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, seeing as I'm the one whos absence started this, I'm willing to play what ever is left over in my own unique style [img]wink.gif[/img] even if it is a repeat of something I've played before.

Out of those ideas listed above for settings, the only one I really don't care for at all is the desert. Never liked deserts, call me biased.