Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Now that we are in our fifth year, it is time to look to the future, and in so doing, ask questions I may have asked in the past.

First off...is everyone still enjoying playing here? Or has it become just something you have grown accustomed to doing, like a habit you haven't fallen out of yet? In the not too distabnt past, we have had at least one die hard player find he no longer has time for this, while someone else who did this for want of something better, has found something better. I guess I need to know, who is still pumped, and who is just goin through the motions?

Now, we have changed a lot since the beginning. Cattalinia is no longer a weekly regular, as we have gone full campaign mode. How do you feel about this? Have we drifted too far from outr roots, or taken the proper next step? Should I allow more "one night stands" or continue with the campaign as we have been doing?

Basically, and without fishing for praise, I am hoping to get all of your input on the game in the recent past, and your goals and anticipations for the future. Are you still having fun? Do you all wish to continue playing? How far would you like to take it? Do you wish to play other characters more often? Do you like frequent deviations from the "main plot" (like Kel's recent reunion) or do you wish to stay on a single story arc?

Time to let me know your thoughts. Some have already slipped away and others are slipping. Let me know where you stand.

Thank you

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am still enjoying the game and unless something unexpected comes up plan to remain.

I like the campaign style that's gone on for the past year or so, and would like to see things go on to epic levels. Deviations from the story arc, such as Kel's mini quest make for good diversions to keep characters from getting into a rut. Diversions happen in RL too after all.

As a player, I would like to play the lower level characters, plus Celene and Gwylln, from time to time as a change of pace, and to keep the characters on ice from going 'stale' in my mind though not to the point of railroading the main story arc, which happened with Devonshire.

Overall, I am quite happy with how the game has progressed and evolved. Change isn't a bad thing after all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Basically, and without fishing for praise, I am hoping to get all of your input on the game in the recent past, and your goals and anticipations for the future. Are you still having fun? Do you all wish to continue playing? How far would you like to take it? Do you wish to play other characters more often? Do you like frequent deviations from the "main plot" (like Kel's recent reunion) or do you wish to stay on a single story arc?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I'm still having fun. Yeah, I still wish to play. Not sure what you mean by 'how far', but if you're talking levels, shoot, no complaints here if they get way up there. They aren't doing too badly now [img]wink.gif[/img]

I rather enjoy the frequent deviations myself, and not just because the last one involved Kel [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I honestly think it gives the characters a 'breather' of sorts from time to time to do that.

One thing I have enjoyed thourghly, is the idea of 'revitalizing Tindale' and the surrounding areas in character. Maybe it is the vanity in me, but I like the idea of our characters making their mark in more ways than just killing monsters (though don't get me wrong, that's fun) but in making (hopefully) real differences in the setting. I like the fact Allie has connections and missions on the side, Thaylias may become a lord of the town, and so forth. It is neat to imagine than in the setting, 20 years from now or so, the children of our characters might be about talking about the great things their mom and dad did, the towns they saved or rebuilt, the temples they founded, or the treaties they established. And so forth.

That might be pretty dull to the others though, so I can only speak for myself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually both the others said it best. I totally agree with Lyssandra, I would love to see this crew go to epic proportions, though Shanti is getting harder and harder to manage I by NO mean want to give her up. She's my main and here to stay (barring incident).

As for side quests and deviations from plotlines, like Kel's, that continues to breathe new life into the ongoing campagine and is necessary. I'm all for it.

The one night stands? I'm happy just to keep them for when one of the other three can't make it.

So yes, count me in for continuing.
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im late as usual. Am I still enjoying this or playing out of obligation or habit? Easy, I very much enjoy it. Playing the character Thaylias has been a much needed mental tonic. Not because he has been a focal point with many issues/events but becuase of the chemistry with the other players and the one running the game. This ongoing campaign has been gifted with some added spice that really makes it very interesting....something I often ponder on during the work week. As with the player of Kel, I too enjoy how our characters may influence outcomes of politics, beliefs, networking, etc.. The mission concerning Kel was a great rp event adding more dimension to all of our characters. Just my thoughts but I like the big plot that is built on many sub plots that involve ALL characters. As far as playing other characters I have no problem with it especially if I can feel the attachment and anticipation of playing as I do now with this great group.