Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While a dwarven mage has been done, a dwarven magical craftsman would indeed be a first for CFI.

Couple that with the fact that the party could benefit from the abilities of both that race and that class, and you have a perfect combination, and a nice variance from Kel.

The only two issues I can see, and only you can answer this: Will you enjoy him? and Will you be able to maintain a quick enough game flow with two casters? In your case, it will almost be like playing three characters, as you will have to constantly bone up on barbarians, mages and sorcerers. On the other hand, you may end up with some cross over spells. By the time you have played them both a while, you should become an expert on arcane spells!

If the answer to those questions is yes, then I fully endorse this character concept. Send it over!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:

The only two issues I can see, and only you can answer this: Will you enjoy him? and Will you be able to maintain a quick enough game flow with two casters? In your case, it will almost be like playing three characters, as you will have to constantly bone up on barbarians, mages and sorcerers. On the other hand, you may end up with some cross over spells. By the time you have played them both a while, you should become an expert on arcane spells!

If the answer to those questions is yes, then I fully endorse this character concept. Send it over!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I liked the personality I was working on for the wizard, and I know I've enjoyed the NPC dwarves of your setting so far so I think I can make one that comes in. The perplexion he feels about some of the hastier races Should be fun.

As for the spells, that will take a bit more work, but the nice things about wizards having to prepare unlike sorcereers is that that means you know what they're stuck with before hand, so in some ways it should be easier than Kel.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But a wizard's spell book holds more spells, so there's a wider choice to choose from than a sorcerer or bard, though yes, once prepared, you're stuck with them for that day. Not only do wizards get x number of new spells to add per each level, wizards can also transcribe spells from scrolls, so an 11th or 12th level wizard's spellbook could be bulging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123