Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The difference in attitude and styles is why I finally chose Celene as a compliment to Allie rather than Gwylln. Celene has some abilities thanks to her Paladin stats, but only a handful of spells. Allie's still a sneak thief with a bit of magic that's mostly not of use in combat. (Spells such as Haste and Good Hope are the exceptions, but which are best cast before combat starts.) With Clementine taking most of the combat alongside Thaylias, Allie can use her bardic skills more to aid the fighters than do much real fighting herself. (That's the general idea anyway.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have no problems with the dwarf and gnome being played together. I want further discussion from others on melding the two groups together. Some may wish to play both groups, others may wish to merge, but keep one character as a stand by.

Let's hear more opinions on this.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 23, 2006 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Starshadow ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With Clementine taking most of the combat alongside Thaylias, Allie can use her bardic skills more to aid the fighters than do much real fighting herself. (That's the general idea anyway.)[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you meant Celene [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, but as the levels of the lower levels increase to catch up with the Tindale group, that could happen one day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for merging the two groups, remember the newest group has just reached 3rd level, while those in Jodshire are approaching 6th, so the 3 level max spread you want to keep will soon be exceeded.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, so far for the 'extra' PC on Tindale, concepts I've gotten in mind, and I'm asking Starshadow on this but posting here because I'm too lazy to email and don't mind input from others are as follows:

1) A human middle aged or older wizard, powerful in spells, but only adventured a few times. Kindly (probably NG, maybe LG)and enjoys making magic items (Which means he may be slow to go up in levels [img]wink.gif[/img] ) Perhaps a former court wizard elsewhere before 'retiring' in order to make room for younger blood, or maybe called out of retirement to help Sir Thaylias.

Good thing is, the higher level the wizard, the more chance he has of surviving [img]wink.gif[/img] That, and an 'older' character (Not just in years) is fairly novel.

Problem might be he maybe in less demand than a healing type.

2) A gnome druid, just because the idea of the whimsical race having the ability to reincarnate appeals to me. Not as 'feral' as some druids, and certainly more social than many. Perhaps a gnomish village was destroyed, or maybe his grove is endangered nearby and he's decided to offer his help.

Good thing: My first gnome here. A possible healer type.

Down side: While fun, randomly reincarnating NPCs is both expensive, and perhaps tacky. [img]smile.gif[/img]

3)A Dwarven Cleric or Dwarven Fighter cleric here to repay the debt owed Sir Thaylias and the others for helping his people. I'd probably go with someone besides Tor to worship, for two reasons, Tor dwarven clerics are not new, and also, we don't want someone fussing about the temple change.

Good side: Healing potential, possiblity to fancy dwarven clan stuff etc.

Downside: While fun, not as fun as the other two concepts. Still, it might grown on me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:

As for merging the two groups, remember the newest group has just reached 3rd level, while those in Jodshire are approaching 6th, so the 3 level max spread you want to keep will soon be exceeded.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Indeed. But they are within the three levels, and at lower levels, characters advance more quickly, meaning that gap will close as time draws on.

Still, this is something for you all to consider.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 24, 2006 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Starshadow ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dramavictim:
    Okay, so far for the 'extra' PC on Tindale, concepts I've gotten in mind:
    1) A human middle aged or older wizard

2) A gnome druid

3)A Dwarven Cleric or Dwarven Fighter cleric
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which will you have the most fun playing? I find that often, picking what is needed prevents optimim enjoyability and increases boredom with that character. All three concepts are acceptable to me, with the last being the most logical, but probably the worse choice since it seems not to be something you are thrilled about. That tells me that you really want to play one of the first two choices, and both fit equally well, having neither a druid nor wizard at the current time. Oakshade has just a smattering of wizard as part of his religion, and Lirinor may never be back again.

A gnome would be an interesting change to the racial diversity as well.

I am eager to hear the opinions of others too. But the bottom line for me is fun for you vs need of party.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not to mention Halflings and Gnomes tend to get along quite well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personally I think Valley would play an awesome dwarf and likely have more fun than he realizes. I think a dwarven cleric added to the Tindale group would rock.

I'm in Thay's camp, as I've stated before, with regards to adding another character of my own to to the Tindale campaign, Shanti is enough for me to handle, and I wouldn't want anything about her lost in my scramble for papers for another character on the same table.

I'm all for the Lyra, Clem, Dal, Fin grouping as our every third week, they were fun, and I can keep Erina for the off times when we are simply missing folks and need a 'one night stand'.

That's pretty much where I am at with this, though I'm excited about the possibility of new characters joining us in Tindale (though a bit worried as are others that it might slow play time down more).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A possible fourth option

Well, if the dwarf makes more sense, there's nothing saying the wizard would have to be human. I could make a Dwarf Wizard, put many of his feats into Craft Magic Items, and make a profesional magic maker ala Norse legend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast