Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

At the Windcaller site, Kel greets his wife and speaks privately for awhile while his friends are provided food, and a chance to rest and tend to their steeds.

Later, they gather in the Chieftain's lodge, Kel looking much more resolute, and ...content.

"My wife is well, and wishes you all the best, but does not wish to slow our quest so tends to tribe matters. She hopes you understand." He pours drinks for his friends, and continues, "We have much to discuss about what has transpired, and what must occur. I do not think we are 'honorbound' as you put it to do anything but return the items which is all we agreed to do. That is, the giant does not earn OUR staying our hand forever and ever. One day, he will fall, and perhaps by our hands, but I agree now is not the time. We go to Talagon next, yes? You think the King may be able to aid us, or you merely wish to keep him informed?" He asks the last to Thaylias and Shanti mostly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Celene accepts the offered drink from Kel. After taking a draught from the cup, the Paladin comments, "If the giants show treachery upon our return, then yes, the oath will be void. However if he keeps his word by destroying the orb and allowing us safe passage from his lands as he promised after taking the diamond, then we cannot take arms against him on that visit. Should he commit some evil in the future, then we will be able to strike him down." After a slight pause to collect her thoughts, "Having allies in arms to assist us in the desert may be advisable. Water will likely be scarce. A wagon loaded with several days worth of food and water should be taken since we will need more than our skins alone can carry. We also don't know how large a force of undead stand between us and the Vampire Lord. If agreeable to you all, I can have a squad of Silver Riders accompany us. A desert skilled tracker would also be helpful."

Allie is content to eat and drink while Kel and Celene start the discussion. Regarding the disposition of Templar at their next meeting, the Halfling has nothing to add. She doesn't care for the arrogant bastard. "Celene's got the right of it I think" she adds when the Paladin talks of provisions "The desert will be unforgiving if we are short on supplies. The rod of security we got from Iceflame will help to a degree, but I doubt we can use it as our primary source of sustenance. Supplies and men from New Tinsdale which might be supplemented by King Hrothgar, or not, in Talagon City. We buy and sell while apprising the King of our plans, but we should not expect assistance from the King more than he's already given. We have resources of our own. Tis time we start making use of them, right?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

. Should he commit some evil in the future, then we will be able to strike him down."
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kel snorts, "Then we will be hunting him sometime in the future i think, for the giant is a slaver and does evil every moment he robs innocent beings of their freedom."

To the rest of her advice, he nods, "Resources can be scant. We Barbos are not knowledgable about the desert."

Thurvold finally speaks up, "We don't need as much help as you may think. Oakshade can produce plenty of water if his goddess allows."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shanti listens to the talk of her companions. "The rod indeed can aid us, as for food and water, you need not put me in that equation, I can do well without for quite some time. With our record we will likely be there and out sooner than we think, at least I hope so."

"As for the giant, I agree that we should attack him only if he breaks his vow. He did grant us safe passage once. I think it unwise to cross him or attempt to take him and all his guards and courtesans, not just a mere handful of adventurers, we have our limits and must remember that. If we are to take him on it should be with an army at our disposal. On that note, when we do turn over the diamond, perhaps the silver riders, hidden and awaiting our signal, might be wise to have in the wings."

She hands Thaylias another goblet of wine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"With the right components at hand, I can teleport us a good distance, particularly to parts I may have been before. Getting back should, therefore, be easier than getting in." Thurvold comments, "And in a pinch, I can use it to get us some supplies on the way there. A day of preparation, and I can whisk back and forth returning some of the goods we'd need. Be easier to rely on our clerical friend though."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thaylias quickly downs the drink handed to him from Shanti, his second. He listens to the others make mention of the possibility of one day confronting the giants from the clouds.

No matter how much wine he drinks he cannot wash out the foul taste he got from Templar. 'The day will come' he thinks to himself with a scowl. But the still young human knows to trust in the judgement of his closest companions so does his best to focus on more important things at hand.

Thaylias hears Celene mention the joining of the Silver Riders on the journey into the desert. "Their presence on our journey would be wise I think, we can leave the Knight Protectors in New Tindale with the other soldiers to keep its protection intact."

"If we agree that is our course of action then we should depart for New Tindale and ready our forces. We can send word to the king of all that has transpired and our upcomming actions."

Perhaps over indulging Thaylias fills his goblet up a third time. "We can then leave directly for the desert from New Tindale, that is unless anyone needs to go to the capitol?"