Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No old man at a bridge of peril here. Just curious about a few things and thought we might shoot the bull about D&D 3.0 and 3.5.
    If there's more than one answer, name the top three or something [img]smile.gif[/img]

1. What's your favorite Class to play in this version of D&D?

2. What's your favorite race to play in this version of D&D?

3. What's your favorite alignment for your characters to play in this version of D&D?

4. Out of the Dieties our DM has made, which one do you like the most?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mmm, probably should answer my own questions and help the ball get rolling.
    Barbarians just rock. Muy Macho. 12 sided hit dice aside, it's fun making a primal culture.

I also like Monks, but that may just be because they're so exotic and I missed them when they vanished in 2nd Ed (yeah, I know, they were sort of there , but not officially)

Still humans. I like the fact that humans get an extra feat. Fits well with the race [img]smile.gif[/img]

3. What's your favorite alignment for your characters to play in this version of D&D?
    7 times out of ten, some good alignment. Not too particular. Favorite non good alignment is CN.

Lunari has been fun. Not sure why I prefer her over Strella (sp). Maybe Lunari just seems to have a bit more dignity [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dramavictim:

Rangers are cool. Two weapon fighting, good weapons and armor capabilities, favored enemy bonus, tracking, good hit points, great range of class skills and spell abilities ake them pretty formidable at low levels, and quite dangerous at high levels.

Putting barbarians back in was cool, allowing wizards to wear armor (albeit at a penalty), and making the first decent bard of any expansion makes them all great too. Paladins quite clearly got more powerful over time. Even Fighters are no longer dull. A human fighter outclasses even elven rangers and half-orc barbarians with feats (though their skill selection ***** ).

Elves, hands down. Lithe, beautiful and dexterous, good speed, immunities and skill bonuses, low light vision and excellent racial weaponry make them a clear cut choice. How else can your wizard use a sword or bow without penalty unless you burn a feat or multi-class?

But I think all the races got beefed up this time around, and the extra feat for humans is a nice compensation for lack of racial abilities.

I like to play characters that match my basic personality, and therefore 98% of all PC's I play are Chaotic Good.

The goddess of the fey... Stellari... no other choice. And that's from the guy who invented them. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dramavictim:

~~~~~~~~~~Ranger, of the Arcane to be exact

~~~~~~~~~~Elves. I am what I am [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

~~~~~~~~~~CN. I tend to lean towards good, but I like to dance on that line.

~~~~~~~~~Gaea, never let the old ways be forgotten
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]