Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Castaway Isle was completed as planned in a single night, as was my intention. I am doing my best tomake the Inn Games one night stands and have even altered my design style.

Had the party arrived at the cave 45 minutes earlier or more, you would have found the Sea Lion at home in the grotto, where it made its lair. In other words, I have begun to make time relevant contingency encounters.

What started out as a rocky association became a working team, despite the racial tensions. Those tensions may perhaps be eased by the aquisition of your quest, the ancient relic, the Cradle of Gaea, which sits upon the mantle of the Caer Falken Inn.

You found yourselves on an island and discovered the body of Old Varnum, who had survived the wrechage of the Birch and successfully navigated his way to the island, only to be slain by undead pirates.

Caela's animal companion was able to give you a little advance warning of their impending arrival, while Avera discovered the map in the Masterworks cane. Unfortunately, the valuable walking stick was discarded so that the 12 zombies could be addressed.

Marren managed to turn fully half of them, which never returned to face you again, while the rest of the group fought them until they were defeated. The CR of those you actally fought was a total of 3.

As you followed the map through the jungle, Aksor became trapped in some quicksand, and while he was being aided by Marren, the party was attacked. The Girallon, used for the first time ever by me, wreaked havoc among the party, clawing Ravensong, biting Avera and almost rending Caela to death. Avera did the lion's share of the damage, and also dealt the killing stroke. It had a CR of 5.

The half-orc then successfully brought the party across a log bridge and discovered the concealed entrance, while the brute squad moved the concealing boulder. Vilarneseh found no traps on the entrance, but did find one in the tunnel. He did not however disable the device, and the party was forced to leap across the deadly pit. This is where the fledgeling mage, Moondance, almost died, had it not been for the strong party holding the rope and the strength of his knot.

The treasure was found in the water filled cave, upon a mound, safe from the sea. Only one item was found to have magic upon it, and that was a golden ring, which Aksor was the first to pick up. Below is the loot that was found. I would like fedback as to whether the group wants to sell the items and split the cash, or if there are pieces the party desires to keep. You must also deside who keeps the ring, which remains unidentified. I have not listed the values of the treasure. In addition to what is listed below, Caela picked up a MW rapier, which will also be sold for the group if no one wants it.

Gems:

Banded agate
    Silver pearl
    Tourmaline
    Alexandrite
    Rock crystal (clear quartz)
    Star ruby
    Black pearl
    Rose quartz
    Sard
    Quartz Crystal

Art and Jewelry:

Gold hoop earring
    golden serpent entwined ring
    Jeweled chalice
    Complete Silver tea service
    Pearl necklace
    Golden brooch set with citrines
    Silver necklace with mother of pearl pendant of a unicorn
    Silver dagger in bejeweled scabbard
    Several journals of nautical/historical interest from explorer's, pirates, captains and such

Currency: 2,000 golden falcons

Cradle of Gaea, encrusted with small gems of varied style. It depicts what looks like a tree with two limbs outstretched, rising from the pedestal which looks like the ground. However, upon closer inspection, the tree seems to be a woman, and the limbs are outstretched arms. Surrounding the pedestal are 9 circular indentations. It weighs about 30 pounds.

Aksor, Avera, Caela, Marren, Moondance, Ravensong and Vilarneseh each earned 450 xp, but no one advanced in level.

Next week Devonshire resumes.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 06, 2004 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Starshadow ]</font>

Inactive Member rahnewhitebriar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well...I'm willing to bow to your judgement on this, but I don't recall discarding the cane.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't recall the cane/staff being dropped either.

As to the art and gems, Caela has no set preference.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vilarneseh will sell whatever he receives. Give me cold, hard cash.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:

Only one item was found to have magic upon it, and that was a golden ring, which Aksor was the first to pick up. Below is the loot that was found. I would like fedback as to whether the group wants to sell the items and split the cash, or if there are pieces the party desires to keep. You must also deside who keeps the ring, which remains unidentified. I have not listed the values of the treasure. In addition to what is listed below, Caela picked up a MW rapier, which will also be sold for the group if no one wants it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aksor would want the ring. He was sort of attracted to it because of it's relative plainness even before he knew what it was. However, he's a practical guy.If it suits another member of the group better (Ring of protection for those scrawny mage types for example) he would hand it over with minimum grousing.

Gems:

Banded agate
    Silver pearl
    Tourmaline
    Alexandrite
    Rock crystal (clear quartz)
    Star ruby
    Black pearl
    Rose quartz
    Sard
    Quartz Crystal

Art and Jewelry:

Gold hoop earring
    golden serpent entwined ring
    Jeweled chalice
    Complete Silver tea service
    Pearl necklace
    Golden brooch set with citrines
    Silver necklace with mother of pearl pendant of a unicorn
    Silver dagger in bejeweled scabbard
    Several journals of nautical/historical interest from explorer's, pirates, captains and such

Currency: 2,000 golden falcons
    [/size][/color]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Unicorn Necklace appeals to the half orc ranger, but he won't put up a fight about it. He'd prefer gems to coins, easier to carry around, but a balance is best.

PS: Naturally, if he gets the only magic item.. then he'd get less (if any) non magical treasures, and he's sensible enough to realize that too [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 06, 2004 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Dramavictim ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If the ring bolster's an attribute that would increase strength, dexterity, health, charisma...etc Marren would want it and forgo anything else...otherwise cash everything else that is not magical and split it up!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brief update...but let the comments continue....

The Cane: I didn't see anyone say they took it along, but that is no biggie. If two of you say it was taken, then it was, and so it will be added to the pile. The cane was exotic wood with intricate serpentine carving, ending with the head as the handle. The head unscrewed to reveal a water tight, metal lined, tubular compartment capable of holding small rolls of paper, wands, small gems or the like. Who wants it? If no one does, it will also be sold.

The Ring: No one yet knows what it does, so choosing the owner based on its abilities is not possible at this time. If the party wishes to do something about that, it may be possible to have it identified by a PC NOT on the Devonshire quest, or by paying Yarrow 200 GP to identify it. My inclination is to give it to Aksor for three reasons. Firstly, he took it first and foremost before any other piece. Secondly, he is a newer character and as yet possesses no magic or great wealth. And finally, three, because he overcame great diversity on his first adventure, both physically and socially, making his claim on it just as valid as anyone else's. Of course, if he finds it to be useless, he couls always give, trade or sell it to another PC.

The Unicorn Pendant: One request for it so far...anyone else?

I now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sounds good to me...perhaps if aksor's player wishes, we should have it identified before he tries it on.

Inactive Member rahnewhitebriar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Avera makes no claim on any particular item, but will take the cash value of her share.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Raven would like the silver dagger and scabbard. Other than that.............>>>>GOLDDDDDDDDDDD [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast