Im sure there have been changes since I wrote this up for my CoH guild. Ill update it as I go (like pet commands)...

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showf...=&fpart=1&vc=1

That is to a very long.. um er.. complete guide to binds and macros. Figured Id put a nice condensed version here for the binds we are most likely to use for our purposes. These are the things I use personally on almost all my chars, so I reason they would be the ones others will use most too. There is much much more in the guide link above.

using powers:
/bind (key) "powexec_name (mouse over power to get exact name and put it here)"

example /bind t "powexec_name recall friend" ==activates teleport when you push t

communication:
/bind (key) "channelcode text"
channel codes are; l=local b=broadcast r=request s=current channel g=team
there are more but Im just doing a short short guide here
example /bind p "b HI!" ==broadcasts HI! when you push p

combining commands:
/bind (key) "command1$$command2"
example /bind n "s Weee!$$powexec_name whirlwind" ==says weee! in current channel and activates whirlwind power when you push n.

Other usefull notes:
$target will say the name of what you have targeted. (very usefull in things like "sniping $target now!" or $target, prepare for teleport!")
$level will say your own level ("level $level controller LFG" so you dont have to reset the bind every time you level up)

macros are almost the same as binds, but use /macro (macroname) "commandstring" example: /macro on duty "b on duty!"
instead of /bind (key) "comandstring" and macros make a push button in your first empty power tray slot, freeing up keyboard space.