Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey again. i was at lillith's when i posted last.
    travelog vol 2:

the concert was...weird. i mean, weird. started way too late at the little bar venue below the main room at the knitting factory. a band called good good had a couple moments when they weren't totally bad. next was either mirror mirror or telepath. they were even worse. first two bands really had a big thing for playing -rims- of the drums. next to last band, whichever name that was was at least more interesting. everyone i actually knew had gone home since they had to get up for class and it was 2 at this point and i was left with some nice yet goofy slob from the new school. smoked him out since we were bored plus some little weanie dude he was talking to. total closet fag artschool kid. anyway, they reminded me of fucking classic rock cum idie elton john fans. lastly, get hustle (http://www.gethustle.com/band.html) played. i want to find some of their shit to see if it's as weird when you're not in a random bar far from familiar with a stranger, stoned. benicio del toro from fear and loathing coked into skinnyness ripped on drums a little. weird coke fiend screaming/singing girl has a bazarre/good? voice. also a man evidently recovering from the 70s given his getup played a strange array of vintage keys with effects, weird old monitors and one turntable.

yesterday i attempted to see the moma before i left but it was too crowded. up here slippery and i caught up a little and watched the pats get hot carled. going to hit trident books later hopefully and the show starts at fucking 6 so not too much else i don't think.

end transmission

as per your post - weirdness. if i had to guess i'd say it's one of our teen fanclub members. regardless, we'll find out and gut/donkey punch where appropriate.

gimme a call if you want today before the show.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

let me guess what that question is about...feeling as good as i could be aka lukewarm as life always is on that front.

as far as my concerns, this obviously isn't a situation we can't deal with handily. i already have a good idea and a short list.

the above links were posted at my request. me and fishcrotch were talking about related shit. needless to say they're well worth checking out. i have a rediscovered interest in the origins and margins of religous groups that something on the kabbalah he was reading brought to light yet again.

as for travelog volume 3, the final addition, here we are:

forgot to note that after the game last night slippery and i watched "the machinist." not too shabby. hadn't seen a mystery in a while and it's worth watching for the shock alone if you saw bale in batman. his physique changed just a tad.

today fishtown recieved and appreciated his collectively sent b-day card. i saw the trident bookstore beforehand and it's boss. realized that boston is way too friendly, even to skateboarding. slippery's sleep schedule is ultimately fucked, but it seems to work out for him due to his schedule. then came nin

dfa1979 can spelunk in my rectum. indierock pussies popping out would be hard bass riffs with horrid vocals at their finest. really i just wasn't into the formulated drums and vocals. bo-ring. managed to keep the streak alive with catching nin opening band shit thrown off at the end of the set though with a stick. gave that away to someone one wanted it. it was a community effort as slipster slowed it down for me and i just fell straight into my hand where i sat.

queens were really a pleasure. started with terribly little response but won the crowd over i thought. as was noted, homme's greaser look and stage shimmy are priceless.

trent and co. came out and killed it pretty much. new videos plus eraser vid were sweet. rez-o said he'll never book a floor with seats again and that the only reason it happened was he didn't read the contract. that made it incomprably worse than philly. great set though. fav was right were it belongs with a new video. with the added imagery i thought he lent a LOT of guidance towards the meaning of the songs. this was very cool and very eye opening in the sense that i knew the songs were very political as well as personal but maybe i didn't quite put enough weight of intent on the previous bit.

all in all a good night out.

hitting the art museum to see some ansel addams tomorrow and shoving off. see you soon back at home.

if there's anything i missed back there i hope it finds it's way onto the board - where appropriate - since i've detailed all this shit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sweet, have questions bout your trip, but not appropriate for here, so I'll wait until you get back. Got your message today, don't be overly concerned. However, the tone of your voice and obvious concern made me look at things in a different light. I should at this point mention that under my bed there is a simple, red covered book. I document everything. If anything were to happen...well you get the idea.

As for my "teen machine" fanclub: Your committment is remarkable. Whatever you think I am or could be you're probably wrong.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just caught this on surfline.com - the definitive surf forcast and general shit source. i saw some pretty sweet pics of rides and swells from this fall hurricane season in our area recently getting posted and it seems that surfline took note and included a little travel guide to what i've heard get called yet again the best surf spot in sj. represent.

we truly need to get more of a gang going for next season. please spread the word about how quickly you've picked it up, ml, and how fucking fun it is.

here's our write-up:

http://surfline.com/travel/surfmaps/surfspot.cfm?id=404

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I'm going to speak openly and honestly here. I used to think surfing was cool in the sense that I thought skateboarding was cool. Looks like fun if you got the time, but not for me. In addition I thought surfing on the east coast was lame and more about catering to an egotistical image. Do it so you can say you do it type thing. Then I got on a surfboard. Holy fucking shit.
    I feel right now how a long time athiest turned jesus freak must feel when trying to explain his new philosophy to his old friends. What is it about floating around on a little board, bobbing in the ocean, and most of the time getting your ass kicked? It is an unreal experience and one of those things that just simply nothing compares to. There is no other feeling like that. Every single wave is a different experience. I've surfed on those days when the sun is beaming down and the water reflects its glimmer and you look back to shore and just pray that it never, ever ends. I've surfed in such swell and chop, where catching a wave seems like less of a thrill than a "Okay, how the fuck I'm I going to NOT get my ass kicked?" scenario. Most of all its humbling and peaceful.
    Word of warning though, surfing is like AIDS. Once you you've done it, you've got that shit for life.
    As for trying to convert the rest of you, I think you should at least give it a whirl. If the simple thrill or tranquility is not enough, keep in mind that it is an excellent workout and a great excuse to check out the bluejays down at the beach.
    For me, and I think Fick as well, we selfishly want a surf posse. They are beyond cool. Plus there is definately a bond formed there. Fick and I used to always be tight, but we definately got a lot closer since surfing, now I'll let him be on top sometimes.
    I know Stinkfistula is in, he is already excited about it. And don't worry about not having a board, that can be arranged.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What the fuck! How does that work. I post a big long thing about surfing and it says I have the last post (well now I will cuz of this one, but it did before, even though Fick's is the last one i can view) yet where the fuck is my post!?!?!

Well incase you all didn't get it here's a summary. Surfing, for me, was a life changing experience. You all know me as a person so you know what that entails. I would hope that you all at least gave it a shot. Cool beans.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it happened again?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

earlier i saw that you had the last post on this thread and i checked it but it appeard i had it still. now all your posts popped up. server problems i assume. hope it's over with.

anyway, well fucking said. as far as my selfish goal of having a surf posse, you got me nailed. also though, now that some of the few good friends i have's paths are going in different directions it's a real treat more than ever to find something that can bring us all together for a good time. music was the first thing and basically the basis by which i met all of the people who i now call brothers. between the band and the programs i've taken that's how i met nearly all the people i give a shit about. drugs could be viewed similarly but are obviously much different in some ways. surfing though is really the only thing that is as universal and enjoyable as music to me. so i'm not 100% selfish when i say that you all need to snag some boards and try it, i do actually think that if we can all enjoy and appreciate music then i don't know how surfing would be any different.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well said. I completely agree with that statement. For any skeptics, just understand that the pleasure derived from surfing is a very primal and innate one. This makes it difficult to explain, but trust me when I say you all must try it. I don't rant about things like this very often, if at all, so it must be good to get the two of us spouting off like this.

Not that I don't love this convo, and not that we can't continue it, but any more thoughts on our last convo? Anyone? I rather enjoyed that, and for about a week we had some sweet back and forth going.