Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Concerts, records, songwriting...deep anal sound recordings. It's all here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'm posting now because I wrote another song for the new project Fick and myself are involved in (by the way Fick, what are we calling that band on this board?) Like I said, I debuted one of our songs at my family's labor day BBQ (I was wasted, thus I sang the song in its un-editted beauty) to a surprisingly warm reception. We layed down about 4 of these songs as rough cut demos and I'm really anxious for Refill and others to hear them, and possibly lend a hand in the recording process for a track or two. I think everyone should just expect the unexpected from this band, its A LOT different from our previous work. Also, if all goes well expect to see this band hit the road for some shows in the near future.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it's called Dude Man and the Dutch Monsters when speaking in confidence. furthermore, i'd like to add:

hell yeah! d.m.d.m. is ready to kick out the jams motherfuckers!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

alright man, you caught me perfect timing. i just popped on the comp to beat my meat having finished off a bottle of soco and gotten bored with tv. having prospered wholley i'm listening through the kevin squared compositions we discussed earlier. i'll comment when i'm done tuning in, but at this point i'm just hearing kearny and i suggest he names his next album "redundancy revisited: indie folk follies and nintendo keyboards 101." fuck those faggots.

to the task at hand, d.m.d.m. is obviously gathering a full head of steam as we both have too much interest in it for our own good heatlth. speaking of which i was going to suggest that given my aquistion of an 1/8 or perhaps with some small help from you, a 1/4 monday from youngster we start really getting into the groove for the sessions - making the basement all it can be and really living in it (ceremonously...). in fact, in addition i believe that we will require at least one 8x10 or larger glossy photo of henry rollins to plaster on the wall in good spirits to full accentuate our surroundings.

art/t-shirts to be discussed later and encouraged, i'm wrapping up my fag kearny listen-in and i really don't have much more to say. it's all the same fucking key preset which is so sad. the bitch claims to cross genres while he actually fails to find any niche as i see it. really as much as i hate these kids i always give them more credit than due because my imagination of a complete idiot isn't as complete as their idiocy. fucking wowie zowie. onto the other kev i'm hearing now, it's the same poor kids learner 80s key presets and drum loops that he looked no further for than the button 4 inches away from the "piano" setting. brassy, assy, not so sassy. that's my review. i was making music above his head when i was 6. i'm not joking. i'm serious. i had a play keyboard then and i outdid this rubbish. i'm done talking about it i suppose because by this point you know what i'm getting at.

you just can't put the kevs down hard enought though because for some annoying pussy ass reason they get back up and make more shit "music." bottom line is that d.m.d.m. is going to break onto the scene soon enough and shit on their chest like grandma's vick's vapor rub. it's just a shame that the first time (to paraphrase the overriding frustration from earlier) muddy love and the muddy lovers proved that progressive and opened minded rock music takes a bit of though and prowess they weren't paying attention. instead they copied our bit to the saddest and sappiest of their abilities and humiliated themselves in the process. kids praise that though for some reason. i guess we never got the word out enough. that or people weren't listening. that's my biggest regret about the 2nd album not having dropped by now. it's the punchline to the joke we've made them into. it's gonna happen soon enough though. fuck knows they're not progressing at any pace, let alone breakneck, so we'll kick back, show them what for with d.m.d.m. and then utterly slay any wishes they had for dignity with the next m.l.m.l. release...if it hasn't been done already.

i've got nothing better to do, than play mortal kombat and have a couple of brews... so i'm out

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For those that don't know yet (you soon will!) Dude Man... is a low-fi, trashy, hard ass, punk band that Fick and I formed in the late 70's, meaning one night when we were high. We've written about eight songs at this point, and let me tell you, they really run the gamut.
    Anyway, Fick we need to talk about a couple things. Obviously the most pressing matter is writing and composing the remainder of the songs and then recording the first album. I think it would be very beneficial to consider and discuss the recording process before we go ahead with the whole production. Because the music will be recorded relatively lo-fi we are somewhat absolved of some issues that could very well turn into headaches, and have in the past with our other projects. This sorta creates a way more relaxed atmosphere, but that's not to say we can just rush into the work. I think its important to communicate our feelings on this issue so that everyone involved is comfortable and can be productive. I myself have to work out some issues, obviously equipment is one of them. Atmosphere happens to be another, and with your permission (its your basement after all) I will conduct a sequence of ceremonial practices so that I can truely be at my best and most comfortable. Obviously I extend the invitation to you to do whatever it is you need to do to get yourself in the same position. I'll let it be known at this juncture that I am in no way alluding to a drug free work zone. We'll discuss this in depth privately, and hopefully you'll be find with any and all practices.
    Also, being the artistic demi-genius that you are, it goes with out saying that you're in charge of the artwork, although on this matter I do have some insight to share. And on a side note I think at least one shirt needs to be made. Alright, well that's really it for right now, as you can see I'm way too excited about this. Please adress any concerns or comments/ideas here, I'll be checking this tomorrow morning.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'm really debating wilks vs boston. i think i can afford wilks, not boston with travel and all. can i get a bite to come do wilks with me? i need to see them at least once on this tour. what were philly floor tix?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

since none of you party poopers are hitting wilks i'm going to boston - hopefully. got jo the money today.

also, r5productions.com just announced a fucking sweet show. melvins are playing the church. it's under shows on the site. look at the details. who else is in? sieg howdy!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HAHA, your review is priceless and I only wish that both Kevin's could read it for themselves. I think at this point I would just like to confirm to the rest of the group (Fick and I discussed this in private recently) my disgust and contempt I carry for both of those gentlemen. I first off think that it is both disrespectful and entirely insulting to attempt to claim a title (first electronic band/project in the local scene)a position which was clearly filled a year before you got the idea. Also, as someone who has at least an iota of knowledge concerning electronic music/programming I find it humorous and kind of cute when they throw such terms around, ultimately to fulfill some kind of sick, self indulgent agenda. Furthermore, I want to add that I find their music to be boring and irrelevant, as neither one of them has anything to say about anything. They are both filthy, slimy, pieces of shit that owe me and infinite amount of blowjobs for introducing them to meaningful, non-guitar dominated music. Actually, while I'm on it, most everyone falls in that catagory, but I just hate those two the most because unlike everyone else I liberated from the constraints of "Alt. Rock", those two never went on to make good music.

In NIN news, I don't think I'm going to any show, unfortunately. If I do it will be Wilkes though. Enough said.

Melvins? Mayhaps, gotta check the dates on that, but I'm going to be hard pressed to miss an R5 production.

This whole thing really stirs up some issues I have with the punk genre. I would say that punk has gone down the crapper, but I don't think it was ever entirely out of the crapper. I think ever since its early roots punk music has been molested by a bunch a fuck sticks along the way. What's odd is I'm kinda happy right now because I really couldn't imagine a better scenerio than what's occuring in the scene right now as far as starting a punk band is concerned. Anyway, in an attempt to generate some conversation here, what is punk to you? Who best embodies punk music? And furthermore if you were making a punk band what would be the agenda; what kind of sound would you be going for?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my first posting on this board has to be answer that oh so invited and loaded string of questions mr. love just posted regarding starting a punk band and the agenda, sound, etc. first i must state what i believe the essence of punk to be. underneath the Everest of shit that has been labeled punk, the essence of this brand of music is a musical deviation from a musical norm. there isn't a set sound for this type of music but it can be anything that makes people whip around and say, "what the fuck?". in its essence, muddy's and fick's first project was a type of punk music. it was a deviation of a norm for that particular local scene of ska "shitcore" and it made some people say "what the fuck?". yet, thats exactly what bob dylan, the doors, velvet underground, black sabbath, and pink floyd, among others, did. they deviated from the musical norm in some way for their point in time and their agenda and sound was in its essence, punk. in the plain in simple punk goes against, its doesn't follow, its leads and the example it sets offends people, shocks people, and puts people off. people will listen to it but they will awe it, they will try to copy it but very few will succeed in achieving the true essence because punk isn't copied. its originated. i can't truly say what type of punk or what i would sound like. but my starting point would be looking within myself and generating something that would totally put people in a bad way. you, give them that icky feeling in their pants.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i find that all very interesting. i think the new project is going to more cause people to take their pants off.

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast