Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey - i liked him a lot but they're still really fucking good. creature comforts had me waining a little with them cause it wasn't accessable. this record translates better live when you can hear more of their influences coming through. total south american/pop feel to some of it. wasn't probly as loud as they were at starlight but they did manage to stack 16 bass cabs behind them so it wasn't too shabby.

as for the record: hell yeah! represent. check it out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And I'm wondering who could be writing this song...

As for Disco Punk,

Franz Ferdinand - I liked "Take Me Out." I can't help it, but I'm allowed indiscretions, as I can only judge based on what my ears like. I'm able to maintain ignorance and connisouership at the same time. I get dual citizenship, and you don't. How do you like that, bitches?

Anyway, I can't really see them consistently putting out either entertaining or attention-worthy.

The Killers? I can afford to hear them on rare occasion, but never recall feeling one way or the other for them. Some slight annoyance with their overplay... but when _doesn't_ that apply anymore?

Now Spoon... I didn't bother to listen to "Gimmie Fiction" 'til now, and wasn't too surprised. "Kill the Moonlight" from a few years ago wasn't that bad, I really enjoyed the song "small stakes." That was around the same time that the Wire song "Three girl Rhumba" was on my playlist three years ago.

As a 'movement'... disco punk is an improvement on disco, but a sad reminder of what punk should not be, and how willing people are to exploit that. It'll continue to rot the airwaves until the last juice is squeezed from its moldy, hollow shell. But hey, I'm the kind of guy who wonders if there will ever be a new invention. I think at this point, given the materials, we're just going to keep playing the same melodies, just in different orders. You've heard me say it; there are only so many keys on a piano.

One of my more recent hypotheses is that 1990 was the peak of our civilization as mankind. Think of it as a ray of light racing up to hit a mirror, and slip back down at the exact same angle... so maybe in about 400 years, my descendants could be the king of a neo-feudal Spain. the emperors of neo-Shogunate Japan. Witch means I need to start getting busy with some rich Japanese women. I think I'll get started on that now. Or at least practice. In the shower.

[watch "Repo Man" TO-GODAMN-NIGHT if you haven't seen it, and that's an Official Movie suggestion from your main movie man. And if you can't trust your movie dealer, who can you trust?]

Duke: The lights are growing dim, Otto. I know a life of crime has led me to this sorry fate, and yet, I blame society. Society made me what I am.
    Otto: That's bullshit. You're a white suburban punk just like me.
    Duke: Yeah, but it still hurts.

---Disclaimer: this post was made with no attempt at proper spelling, or using only quote "real words" end quote. Rise up with me, and end the tyranny of Webster and his heavy-ass book.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This people person, this lover of conversation and confrontation may have tipped back a little more XnX thn normlly prescribed in the past few days, and may or may not still be a touch dozed. In fact may, or may not be planning on continuing this soulful rut for another day now. Heh, that's pun on what I was about to bring up. How do you like that?

Well, I thought since my dearest friends are having trouble with a dissimilar rut, although an equally enjoyable one - I would help sway them a touch towards mine.

Now, whether the choices are good songs, or bad songs, it cannot be argued that these don't sound good flowing out of some expensive studio headphones in my current state. And they are, in fact, songs that I am listening to as I write.

Und so I title this, for better or for worse, the first official recluse's guide for music to chill to in the prepared order;

_Too Many Tranquilizers_

1. Young-Holt Unlimited: Soulful Strut (Soulful Strut, or the whole album...On wax if you can get it...I did.)

2. The Chemical Brothers: Surrender (Dream On)

3. Rod Stewart: Gold (Handbags & Gladrags)

4. Stone Roses: Turns Into Stone (Fool's Gold)

5. Common: Be (Go)

6. The Who: The Kids are Alright (A Quick One While He's Away)

7. The Status Quo: The Technicolor Dreams of the Status Quo (Matchstick Men)

8. Buffalo Tom: Smitten (Rachael)

9. The Allman Brothers Band: Eat a Peach (Melissa -, again, the whole album would work on its own.)

10.Beck: One Foot in The Grave (Atmospheric Conditions)

11.The Beta Band: The Three EPs (I know, Dog's Got a Bone, and Dr. Baker... and do you know what? If you don't own this album on something, you need to get it RIGHT FUCKING NOW.)

12.Pas/Cal: The Handbag Memoirs (The Bronzed Beach Boys of The Summer)

13.West Indian Girl: West Indian Girl (What are you Afraid of?)

14. Wrap it up with some Floyd. "Fearless" is, without a doubt, the best way to dab up this musical mess that has hopefully given you a few new songs, and a brief look into my musical thought process. At least, for the day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since I am going to be seeing queens when they open for nin I decided to give em a listen, and I must admit that I have been missing out on some pretty good stuff. As of now I'm a big fan of The Sky is Fallin', Hangin' Tree, and Another Love Song. I haven't given the newest album a thorough listen to yet, but when I do, I'll get back to all of you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Songs for the Deaf is another good one that I forgot to add.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's late, you'll have to excuse my misprint: SONG for the Deaf.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I smell fish!
    Yeah man, Fick and I were talking about stoner rock in this thread not too long ago and one of our comments was how much it gets overlooked. If you're seriously getting into them (which I think is great) you NEED to do yourself a favor and get Rated R. Also, the new one isn't bad and has a few great jams on it, but is no Songs for the deaf.
    Also, check out Kyuss. They are the OG of stoner rock. And then, if you're like me and figure out that you're REALLY into stoner rock hit up Melvins, Ween, Dove, and my personal favorite: Floor. Good shit.
    P.S. Stoner rock is pretty much all I've been listening to lately, with a little Black Flag and Pixies on the side.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shit! Well, I don't know to how many of you this is news, but I just found out and it broke my heart. Apparently, despite all the press alluding to the contrary (including posts from TR himself) Jerome Dillon is no longer with NIN. Furthermore, (according to Dillon) his departure from the band had nothing to do with his health. He says he feels great and is playing the best drums of his life right now. I agree with that last statement, which is why I'm pissed. DAMN YOU!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure how many of you know my m.o., but when I find a song, or just remember it, I play it like 93 times on repeat. Right now, my playlist is on repeat, and it has two songs.

A quick one while he's away - The Who
    An old fashioned love song - Three Dog Night

If you don't like the entire first one, and roughly half of the second, I'll fart in your mouth.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that's funny man. if you can't even keep up it's a very serious mess