Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Examples for this thread from the old board include things posted under the topics da birds (unless you're proposing getting together for a game, that's over to events), periodicals, dickydo, work, books, weeztionary, batdude, psych and ufc/mma

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright, here is a timely little clip I picked up off of my ever so favorite homepage. It is a topic near and dear to my heart and I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the matter:

"Q. My 13-year-old dresses much too suggestively for her age. She says that's the way all the girls at school are dressing -- and that she has to if she wants to be popular. It's true that when I drop her off I see her friends wearing the same type of clothing -- off-the-shoulder tops, very tight jeans, short skirts, heels, and way too much makeup. I don't know how we got to this point. What can I do?

A. What is your daughter's appearance suggesting? She needs to know. In blunt terms, her attire is revealing her developing sexuality and that she's open to showing it off. To her, her clothing choices most likely mean nothing more than going along with the dictates of her peer group which is strongly influenced by teen idols.

Her interest in dressing in a way that is sexually suggestive is innocent at this point. Your job is to prepare her for the time when a boy takes her clothing suggestion as an invitation to engage in sexual activity. Your daughter needs to know that boys see her appearance much differently than her girl peer group. They see it as saying, "I'm interested in sex." Your daughter is entering into a sexual environment for which she is most likely unprepared. Will she know how to protect herself and make conscious choices?

Although you don't want to sit back and say nothing to your daughter about her clothing choices, you don't want to paint her into a corner by making the following ultimatum, "You can't wear that to school, I won't allow it. As long as you live in this house, you will not dress that way." If you do, you'll enter into a power struggle with her you can't win. She'll sneak around, argue and most likely dress more drastically than she is already doing.

While it's impossible to force her not to dress as she does, you can offer your opinion. Every once in a while when she appears in a belly button revealing outfit, tight short skirt or a shirt that is off the shoulder, explain that boys might see the fact that she's revealing part of her body as an indication she might show more of it.

Too often parents today take a "don't ask, don't tell" approach to issues of teenaged sexuality. They rely on the schools to provide information about pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. What more does your daughter need to know to protect herself from early sexuality activity? If you asked your daughter the following questions, how would she respond?

What would you do if a boy asked you to go home with him after school? What would you do if you got to his house and realized no one was home? What would you do if he wanted you to go into his bedroom?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ocean City has just passed a law stating that no convicted sex offenders can live within a 1000 ft. radius of a school or a bus stop.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that's harsh, don't you think?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know. At the end of the day it is definately an infringement upon people's rights, but I'm kinda torn on it because part of me is glad they did it because in a weird way I'm highly amused by it.

I'll tell ya though guys, it does bring up a few questions though:

"What would you do if a boy asked you to go home with him after school? What would you do if you got to his house and realized no one was home? What would you do if he wanted you to go into his bedroom?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LMFAO! I only hope that one day, when I'm a teenager...eh.
    Anyway, I just think that young girls deserve the respect of at least being responsible for their own actions...entirely...starting at birth.
    Also, I would like to add that I am of the opinion that, with a few exceptions, sex amongst minors should be regulated by weight class. That's just one man talking though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Right? I mean I'm pretty sure as a 13 year old girl I won't be accepted in this day and age if I'm not getting my brains fucked out. If your twat is dangling below your knees by the time you're of legal age of consent you've just some kind of poor introspected loser. OMG.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright men, we're starting this back up. Its good ol' Muddy's picks for the week. Here goes:

Bills over New Orleans
    Jags over broncos
    Bucs over Lions
    Bengals over Houston
    Colts over Titans
    Chargers over Pats
    Seattle over Washington
    Giants over Rams
    Ravens over Jets
    Atlanta over Vikings
    Arizona over 49ers
    Birds over Chiefs
    Carolina over Greenbay

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"i like your style man." good luck. personally i have a big prediction:

some wins. some losses. NO TIES.

how about that? huh?

no, but also:

da birds.

-
    seen any of the hbo miniseries/chaptered movie empire falls? how about the movie they've been running about the ex-con girl who starts over in a maine small town at "spitfire grill."

when i was in middle school and listened to the grateful dead too much i figured i'd be happy if i wound up in a shack in the smokey mountains. my new little bullshit daydream is working at a small rural maine or vermont town's restaurant. the 2nd movie i referenced is quite a nice little one. have a nice little shit house too with a recording setup.

you got anything like this that creeps up on you and makes you feel silly and old? maybe the family farm or something? i think you know how my mother's always talking about this or that here or there in ten years. i suppose that's how i rationalize my daydreaming this kind of shit - i suspect it's a bit more rampant than i give the notion credit for though, so clue me in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I mean of course. I think we all do. I of course have my eye on the farm. But I think other places might not be so bad, it depends what kind of state of mind I'm in.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast