Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Items that have pussified kids these days.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want to be a kid again.

------------------
    Oh yeah, well one time I was driving, and this squirrel ran out into the street and I hit him. And he didn't die right then, but he was limping and stuff, I'm pretty sure he died right after.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DamnTheCowboys:
    DMike, what do you think about helmets and knee pads that kids wear while riding bikes?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gonna' have to agree with DTC and y1300inhtown on this. Yeah I got hauled into the ER once or twice for pulling some Evil Knievel like stunts on my pedal bike but, so what? That's part of the game, so to speak.
    Get some stitches, go home and pick up right where you left off, that's all.

kernel said Soccer. Good point.
    How you can have boys and girls both playing together up to like freakin' High School is beyond me.
    Shit, by age 8 we were already beating the crap out of each other playing Midget Football.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The answer is in the number of kids people are having today, yes?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IB, not sure where you're going with this.
    Are you going down the "single child" route?
    This is one of those rare times when i'm interested in seeing what your point is.
    Follow up.

------------------
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by enolc:

as long as they don't outlaw drinking cheap liquor buck naked in my darkened livingroom only to vomit all over myself while passed out in the fetal position on the floor, i really don't give a shit what the liquor laws are.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DamnTheCowboys:
    From the time I was in 6th grade up to college, I had a locker, but I never used it. I had ALL my books in one bookbag and toted that bitch on ONE shoulder all day. WHy can't they do that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kids in public schools today don't have lockers. Spare us the "I walked 20 miles to school uphill both ways with a bowl of cold gravel in my belly" sob story. Whose fault is it if you had a locker but were too dumb to remember the combination?

[This message has been edited by mvscal (edited January 16, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mvscal:
    Kids in public schools today don't have lockers. Spare us the "I walked 20 miles to school uphill both ways with a bowl of cold gravel in my belly" sob story. Whose fault is it if you had a locker but were too dumb to remember the combination, so you had carry your books around with you. No fucking wonder you grew up to be a Cowboy fan...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't true everywhere, mvscal. My girlfriend teaches eighth grade in HISD and her school has lockers. Maybe socal should be added to the list.

------------------
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The dust of the barely kept ballfields at St. Francis and the sweat of St. Louis summers were my cologne for years and years. Baseball, baseball, baseball. In the winter, I stayed home and played basketball, street football, street hockey or soccer (big, big sport in St. Louis). Once a month, there'd be a fight over some play that was/wasn't a foul. Girls were something that called you home for lunch.

If the kids of today are pussies, it ain't their fault. Look at the parents that are sitting them in front of the TV, the adults using the TV to peddle cheap, useless crap to children and the parents who continue the cycle by buying them said useless crap.

Buy your kid a baseball glove and tell them to go find an aerodynamic dirt clod on the ground outside.

------------------
    Enters take is not for the cuntlapping sarcastically plowed

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by indexhb:
    Isn't individual convenience a goal within our Western Civilization? Our kids are only responding to what adults market to them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy Shit! I've got to mark this day on my calendar. For one brief, shining moment...spindex made sense.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good topic. The wife and I were sitiing out under our shade tree the other day watching the little neighbor puss (Helmet wearing, Knee-padded sissy) and his church buddies arguing over baseball rules. Now, I know what you're saying. That's a good thing right? At least he's out there playing. WRONG. The kid is twelve freakin' years old. Same with his buddies, and they didn't know a foul ball counted as a strike. This little bastard hits six foul balls, then swings & misses and HE STEPS BACK TO THE FRICKIN PLATE. Before you go to the video game, computer card remeber, at least you learn a few rules along the way. It's not the things we buy, or don't buy our children. It's how we spend our time with them. If that kid had been plopped on the couch next to dad on a couple of saturday afternoons watching the ball game, or god forbid at the Ballpark watching one live he wouldn't have looked like such a frickin tool. My daughter knew the rules and went over and explained them to these punks. How cool do you think they felt when a 12 year old girl came over and showed them up. If your kid acts like a puss, shove the lawn mower in his hands and get the little goober to start acting like a man.

------------------
    Rack the LINK!

Inactive Member MgoBlue-LightSpecial's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Again, I have to agree with the comment about lockers...everywhere I know still has em. I graduated HS in 2000...they still have them. mvscal, where do your kids go to school, Southside Chicago?

I agree with just about everything said about the pussification of today's youth. My little cousins (10 and 7) are a perfect example. Little dude can't even make a fuckin layup without trying 15 times right underneath the fuckin hoop yet can KICK MY ASS in NBA Live 2002!

What you all fail to realize though is it's YOUR GENERATION that is enforcing all this pussy shit. Good job. I don't think any of these kids would go outside armed to the teeth with padding like an American Gladiator competitor just to ride a freaking bike on 2 sets of training wheels (at age 13) if it weren't for the stupid-ass paranoid parent demanding it or they take away their Super Computer priveleges.

------------------
    Are you still talking?

[This message has been edited by MgoBlue-LightSpecial (edited January 16, 2002).]

Inactive Member Filthy McNastie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can sum it ALL up with ONE item...

The little net they put around trampolines these days...

The fucking thing costs more than the trampoline itself...!

What happened to having a few of your buds stand around the damn thing and spot you while you jump and do flips and hang your ASSSSSS out in midair...???

Pitiful...

L8.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MgoBlue-LightSpecial:
    Again, I have to agree with the comment about lockers...everywhere I know still has em. I graduated HS in 2000...they still have them. mvscal, where do your kids go to school, Southside Chicago?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Orange County, CA

------------------

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast