Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Items that have pussified kids these days.

Inactive Member MgoBlue-LightSpecial's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was my second guess.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DTC,

a) the little girl was playing dress-up/pretend. It's the same with buying your little girl a carseat/bassinet/playpen for her doll. Having luggage with wheels is an 'adult' thing, that will make her feel more 'adult', more grown up for having it.

b) it's easier to play the old school games when you have a gang of thousand in the neighborhood, and a place for that gang to run rampant... especially when neighbors are encouraged to actually interact with one another; and children do not have to worry about the old man being sued if they look at another child funny, or accidently break a window while playing a game.

c) There's no point in 'hide and seek' for one. There's no need to play Quake over a network for 12 hours straight when you already have the network of your neighborhood and (large) family to play it for 'real'.

d) Less children means more time you can devote to each child means more attention for each child -- which unfortunately also means the only child will more likely be the victim of over-protection and reinforcement of the false assumption s/he's the center of the universe; than a child who is the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc....

S'all.

------------------
    "If there's anything worse than someone who doesn't think before they hit SUBMIT, it's a self-propping hypocrite who cares more about image than what's truly on their mind." - Lion

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IBystander:
    DTC,

a) the little girl was playing dress-up/pretend. It's the same with buying your little girl a carseat/bassinet/playpen for her doll. Having luggage with wheels is an 'adult' thing, that will make her feel more 'adult', more grown up for having it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not A. I've seen these things being totted around in front of school. It's a damn bookbag on wheels.

------------------
    Rack the LINK!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never did make the kids do helmets & knee pads while bike riding, however, my daughter has always been a little reckless, so I did make her wear them while roller blading. My daughter thinks video games are lame and only uses the computer when she has to - to do homework. My son, on the other hand, gets into the video games and loves to play on the computer.

HOWEVER, we've never done soccer. Props to Index for having a basketball playing daughter. Mine has been playing for 7 years now and, being 13 and five nine, she's quite the rebounder. She also takes karate classes.

My son runs track, plays golf and is on the debate team.

Between Basketball and debate, every saturday is full.

The other thing I noticed - Sunday School. When I was a kid, there were always plenty of kids in Sunday School. We attend a fairly large congregation and only about ten kids are ever in Sunday school class - I see about 4 times that in church. What is up with that? Its an opportunity for the kids to make friends who aren't necessarily from their school whose parents, I'd like to believe, would like to have their kids growing up with decent morals and Christian ideals.

Also, now that I'm on a rant here - I think the golf course shouldn't ass rape parents so their kids can be on the golf team - $400 to be on the team is ridiculous.

Kids who are 12 not knowing the rules in baseball? That is really pathetic.

------------------
    Originally posted by J in Fresneck:

IB Your thoughts?
    Please keep it to under six pages if you don't mind. My scroll mouse doesn't work as good as it used to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IBystander:
    a) the little girl was playing dress-up/pretend. It's the same with buying your little girl a carseat/bassinet/playpen for her doll. Having luggage with wheels is an 'adult' thing, that will make her feel more 'adult', more grown up for having it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting attempt at trying to justify this IB. Somewhat of a stretch though. I doubt you actually believe this. If you do, ... then so be it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>c) There's no point in 'hide and seek' for one.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The POINT is running around and not becoming a fat ass.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>d) Less children means more time you can devote to each child means more attention for each child -- which unfortunately also means the only child will more likely be the victim of over-protection and reinforcement of the false assumption s/he's the center of the universe; than a child who is the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was pretty sure that was where you were going with that. This I can agree with.

------------------
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by enolc:

as long as they don't outlaw drinking cheap liquor buck naked in my darkened livingroom only to vomit all over myself while passed out in the fetal position on the floor, i really don't give a shit what the liquor laws are.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LK_Pick:
    Mine has been playing for 7 years now and, being 13 and five nine, she's quite the rebounder. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read: She can't dribble or shoot and tends to trip over the half-court line, but she sure can rebound. forums

------------------
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kernel:
    Read: She can't dribble or shoot and tends to trip over the half-court line, but she sure can rebound. forums

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something like that, yeah. She can dribble and layups are okay - but forget free throws and shots from anywhere that isn't right under the backboard.

------------------
    Originally posted by J in Fresneck:

IB Your thoughts?
    Please keep it to under six pages if you don't mind. My scroll mouse doesn't work as good as it used to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DamnTheCowboys:
    Hell, I pulled down a girls panties on the playground in preschool and got over

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sincerely,
    inkydave

------------------
    This is just a blue pill. Lighten up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LK_Pick:
    She can dribble and layups are okay - but forget free throws and shots from anywhere that isn't right under the backboard.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pick, you didn't happen to sleep with Greg Ostertag about 9 months before your daughter was born did you? forums

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kernel:
    Things that have led to the pussification of America's youth:

Soccer
    Insync, Britney, etc.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RACK!
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    Fistfights causing kids in junior high to be expelled (also leads to knife, gun fights).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's just the opposite. Too many school-marm types that won't let kids who need to fight it out, fight it out. It makes the kids who deserve to GET a good ass-kicking think they can do & get away with anything, and it pussifies the kids who deserve to GIVE a good ass-kicking.

All that talk about the Columbine killers being victimized by bullies is a load of bullshit- THEY were prime examples of Little Shits Who the School Marms Kept Rescuing From the Ass-Kickings They Well Deserved.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Parents blaming teachers rather than their children
    Soccer
    The silly notion that life is fair
    Hiring lawn service instead of making your kid do it for $10
    Soccer

All these things can be lumped under political correctness.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RACK! Especially the multiple "soccer" listings

------------------
    The problem isn't that there are so many idiots in the world, the problem is the unequal distribution of lightning

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast