Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IBystander:

When that 'explanation' is used to explain away bad behavior, evil behavior -- then you are excusing.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be a tard.

When a criminal confesses, what is generally the first question the cops ask him? Typically, it's "Why did you do it?" After the explanation is given, do the cops let him go? Nope, 'cuz what was given was an explanation, not an excuse. Theorizing about explanations helps determine motives. People do things for reasons, good and bad. A reason is NOT a synonym for an excuse. Nobody, including my pagan tour guide, was trying to absolve anyone of responsibility for the acts committed then.

------------------
    Hey pal...you just blow in from Stupidtown?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn. Cant cut & paste your quotes inside of quotes. Oh well.

Didnt mean to offend your Wiccan sensibilities Van. forums I know theres hot Wiccan chix out there(reference my 1st response to this thread). But even if Wicca is more dated than Christianity; since when is some template indoctrination for political expediency & placating the populace, a standard of comparison for any faith? Christians are nothing more than a more politically-pragmatic sect of Judiasm. At least the Old Testament is fairly empirical and exciting in a literary sense. Although anyone who actually attempts to uphold it as a legitimate document of history, can expect to get knocked down by the gaels of laughter coming from my humanist cakehole. When Christianity hits its 10,000th birthday, then we'll talk.

Wish I knew what H.S you went to Van. Was it in Sac? IF so, I could probably make fun of you relentlessly. I went to Oak Ridge for a year. My ony NoCal skwelin, thankfully. forums

------------------
    "I kinda thought winning wasnt important."

"ME winning isnt..YOU do."

[This message has been edited by R.C. Collins (edited January 25, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Van, I think you're confusing Wicca with similar types of spiritual fraud that go back to the dawn of man.

As long as man has been able to contemplate matters spiritual, there have been vultures who prey on their fears, and snake oil salesmen to prey on their hopes; both using "smysterious" hokum pokum to scare or beguile their rubes.

99.999% of religions are nothing but profit-making or power-grabbing scams.

------------------
    The most offensive words in the english language: Osama bin Laden, you have the right to remain silent. You have the right to an attorney...

Inactive Member Van [down by the river]'s Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IB, Inky, what are you talking about? Wicca goes back to the Druids, and beyond. It's not new. Variants of it are thousands of years old.

What other ongoing western religion is older?

R.C., you're preaching to the choir with your anti-religion blasts, both pagan and Christian. I went to a Catholic high school (Notre Dame H.S. in SoCal) so I'm well versed in what you're saying, and I agree with you. Well, mostly. I'm not atheist, I'm agnostic, like I said.

I know what I don't believe more than I know what I do believe.

------------------
    Didn't we know? Didn't we feel it?

Time, it seemed to stop outside our window...As we ran down the freeway, to be free.....of everthing...

[This message has been edited by Van [down by the river] (edited January 27, 2002).]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123