Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

index,

most of those picks are obvious, but it takes a true fan of baseball to pick future hall of famer albert pujols as the next superstar. the numbers dont lie, at the pace he's on , he'll hit around 900 homers by the age of 40. and while we're at it , rollie fingers is bruce sutters bitch.

bace

p.s. i hope the hell we are right about this young gun, i've acqired about 40 of his top rookie cards.

bbqjones

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, I think Pujols is 34 instead of 22 and Drew will end up constantly injured instead of playing. Drew will stop playing at the age of 30 to devote his life to Jeebus and faith healing.

Matt fucking Morris, now that's a different story.

I will stop playing softball at age 30 to devote my life to Jesus and tequila.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brad Penny-Marlins
    Juan Uribe-Colorado-Watch this kid. He's going to HUGE this year. .300/20/100 EASY.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bacefelice:
    Actually, I think Pujols is 34 instead of 22 and Drew will end up constantly injured instead of playing. Drew will stop playing at the age of 30 to devote his life to Jeebus and faith healing.

Matt fucking Morris, now that's a different story.

I will stop playing softball at age 30 to devote my life to Jesus and tequila.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of the funniest posts I have ever read!

Index,
    All those white guys?
    Sincerely,
    Buttspray

Superstars:
    Baseball-Roy Oswalt (imagine Maddux with a 94 mph heater)
    Agree on the others. Giambi is going to have a monster year in that lineup under that pressure which he will absolutely thrive on. People have said he will fold under the Yankee pressure machine. I disagree. I think he has the PERFECT personality for that club.

Basketball-
    Jason Williams (I am biased to Duke but this kid is awesome)

Football-
    Joey Harrington. May be as accurate as Warner to 45 yards. That is scary.
    Roy Williams-Awesome defender.
    ...and agree on Arrington

Wally, nice pick on Uribe. Good bat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lance Berkman has the potential to move into superstar staus as well.

An up and comer many people are not seeing because of the horrific season the Rockets are having is Eddie Griffin. This kid has the goods. I've been very impressed with this 20 year old kid. He is still very raw, but has the potential to blossom into a super star!

<font color="#330033" size="1">[ March 18, 2002 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Headhunter ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Pujols."

That's something I can get behind.

Sincerely,
    Elgran

<font color="#330033" size="1">[ March 18, 2002 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Pogue Mahone ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HH,

Gotta agree with you on Berkman. That kid can flat out hit. I just wish he'd give up switch hitting. He just looks so awkward from the right side.
    Hopefully the Stro's can hang onto this kid for many more years to come.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ElGRANDPEEHOLE:
    HH,

Gotta agree with you on Berkman. That kid can flat out hit. I just wish he'd give up switch hitting. He just looks so awkward from the right side.
    Hopefully the Stro's can hang onto this kid for many more years to come.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pull up his stats and you will be highly surprised at how well he has come along from the right side. I was at a game last year and saw him hit one into the Crawford boxes on a 2 second bee line. The great thing about Berkman is that he was a first baseman only and was considered to be a defensive liability in the outfield. He has worked on it so hard that he has played center field as well and they are still considering him as the center fielder because of Hidalgo's bum knees. I didn't list him earlier solely because I have pimped him for a long time. Moving on to others now. Everyone is aware of Berkman now. forums

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

index,
    You can leave Giambi off that list. Drew, Puljos and Morris are the start of a dynasty in the NL. Add Bud Smith and Garrett Stephenson to that list. forums

Jonathan Bender and Ron Artest get props too!

Remeber this name: James Banks, who will be a freshman at Tennesse in the fall.

WAR Homer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DMA,
    I saw Bender's range and the way he runs the floor. Yes, the potential is there. I wonder how playing with other youngersters Harrington,O'Neal and Tinsley will limit his rise. Add to that Reggie's slow fade into the sunset. Is this the walk year of Bender's contract? I know you guys hope to keep the youth together for at least three more years.

I've been hearing in Golfthere is this new group of stars recently exiting college, who would challenge Tiger,Duval,Mickelson,Els and VJ, they must be afraid to come from behind their mothers' skirts. Sergio Garcia is the exception.
    Golf is probably the hardest profession to make and sustain a name. That's why Tiger and the old masters deserve so much respect.

<font color="#330033" size="1">[ March 19, 2002 10:51 AM: Message edited by: indexhb ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast