Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

index,
    Yes, Bender's contract is up, but he's not going anywhere. I think we can now remove the word potential from Bender's game. He still drifts in-and-out, and shows flashes of greatness, but he should be pretty darn good real soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My List. How does yours differ?

Baseball

J.D.Drew---Only an injury kept him from moving into this territory last year.

Albert Pujols--High expectations and the sophomore jinks will not be enough to hold back this unbelievable talent.

Jason Giambi--The numbers where already there. He now has the glitter of New York as a backdrop.

Basketball

Jason Williams--Although still a collegian, he has proven in games against the likes of Kidd and The Glove that he is the complete guard that won't be defined as a point or shooting guard. Three years of high profile NCAA success has made him a potential marketing phenom(another reason to stay in college). He will not be playing in the "Got Milk" Rookie Game. He'll be an All-Star.

Tracey McGrady---Some will say that he is already there. I'm saying he becomes the premier young superstar(other than Kobe who is already there) because weaknesses in the games of Ray Allen, Vince Carter and others causes their worth to shrink. He plays with no-fear and an edge.

Wally Szczerbiak--At some point, Flip has to get Wally 22 shots per game. Being one of four players among the top 30 scorers to shot over .500 should make this decision easy. Wally's marketing potential is unlimited.

Football

Donovan McNabb--With one more year of experience and his receiver's improving, there is no limit to what this guy can do. Winning a superbowl is a must.

Lavar Arrington--With Marvin Lewis as Defensive Coordinator, expect this transition from emerging talent to superstardom to be easy.

Shawn Alexander--He showed in ripping the Raiders on an ESPN Sunday Night Football game that his potential is unlimited.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Melvin Elliot:

Basketball--That kid in Ohio who is a Jr. in HS. Dude would be the Number one pick this year, but he has the Senior Prom to go to.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you are talking about lebron james, dude is gonna be soooooooo corrupted by the time he gets drafted. and once he is a lottery pick , said baller will have impregnated at least 3 women. war college for kids and j will, the kid from georgia and anything arizona basketball.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gee Index, Ya think that Jason Giambi has potential to be a superstar? Why not go on a limb and say that Alex Rodriguez has some ability? Damn.

Now, in the true spirit:

Baseball--Sean Burroughs, San Diego. As soon as the kid learns to drive the ball, this guy will be an automatic in the All-Star game.

Juan Pierre, Colorado. Guy is the hardest working player in the bigs right now, and is going to be the premier leadoff hitter in the NL.

Football--Roy Williams Safety. In a weak Heisman contest, Williams could have had the trophy if Oklahoma promoted him as such. He will have to settle by killing WRs who go over the middle.

Basketball--That kid in Ohio who is a Jr. in HS. Dude would be the Number one pick this year, but he has the Senior Prom to go to.

Hockey--Chris Drury, Colorado. Not withstanding his disappearance in the Olympics, this kid has a knack for the big goal at the big time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sean Burrough's not the next generation. He's still a prospect. Has he played 10 games in MLB yet? No.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Next Generation of Sports Superstars

this thread gets a bump
    MY Carbon Footprint is bigger than YOURS!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

not bad. pujols may be 40, and i may have sold all my rookie cards for beer money, but he is still on pace for ALOT of homers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Every year a huge number of new big sports stars emerge, but most of them do not stand out for anything other than their boring athletic accomplishments. Recently, however, I was lucky enough to come across a real monster of sports. I'm talking about Brian Shaw, a professional American strongman, winner of the World's Strongest Man tournament in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016. This man's accomplishments are truly amazing and when you hear about the weights this man is capable of lifting, you even start to wonder if he is a man at all. I recommend you check out Brian Shaw strongman stats to find out all the achievements of this incredible athlete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12