Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Van [down by the river]:
    Cuda, do you have reason to believe that Val ever posted under any other nic than "Valvenis"? He says (and I believe him, for what it's worth) that he's never posted under any other nic, that he's never gone to the hidden identity-multiple nic troll.

As far as I can tell Val took up residence at SC as a Character Troll and never deviated one iota. Occasionally he had serious conversations which weren't always in keeping with his troll creation, but that's about it...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Down by de Ribber, I can say with all confidence that
    1.) VALVENIS didn't post under any other nic, and,
    2.) if "Valvenis" ever admitted to trolling, it wasn't really VALVENIS, but somebody trolling, using some minor variation (such as the non-standard "i" with the wierd dot that the Pickle troll used the other day) which means that whoever did it, trolled you so thouroughly that you never realized it. And in my book, that means you got Plunger Raped by a troll

------------------
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"My name is The Big Pickle! My coming out was, I would say, relatively easy, because one, my parents are very open-minded, and two, my father just happens to be gay as well. I've known since I was around the age of seven that I had feelings for other guys, but, I also had feelings for some girls too. As the years went on, the feelings for the girls diminished, and the feelings for the guys grew."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
    !!!!!LET THE BOMBINGS BEGIN!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by D-Dogg:
    I disagree. A troll is simply one who posts incendiary topics with the goal to get a response and prove his/her own superiority through said response.

If my primary nic was Cuda's Ballz-lapping Yorkshire, (only because as an unregistered lurker, I saw Cuda's posts) and I posted topics about how Cuda smeared Alpo on his nutz to entice my canine troll to suck him off, and Cuda responded with a Bwaaahhaaahaa or a "you've kicked your own ass-type post, then BINGO (no pun intended) I'm a troll, under my primary nic (not to mention a successful one...if I had only elicited response from other posters then my trolling was simply good, not successful.)

If your above hypothesis were true, how do you explain the infamous board-invasion troll Lunchbox and his celebrated, even emulated, beaten puppy posts? Dude only had one primary nic, yet he trolled the living fuck outta that board.

And to go even further with this point, how do you describe posters like index or IB, which no doubt you would file under the "troll" heading? Do they have other nics?

No offense 'Cuda, but trolls and Trolls come in many shapes and sizes, just like Guy Fawkes' collection of anal-quivering pleasure-sticks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So where's Lunchbox now?

The flaw in your definition of a troll is that "primary nic" trolls as you call them don't last long (e.g. Lunchbox) They blow their load & go away after a short time.

BTW, Down by de Ribber, THAT is why VALVENIS, by definition, can not be a troll.

Identity trolls- even good ones- are always secondary nics.

------------------
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If somebody is bi-polar and they have two nics does one of them have to be a Troll?

------------------
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Inactive Member Van [down by the river]'s Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cuda, where is it written that a troll has to be short lived? Sirfindafold meets anybody's idea of a troll and he's been around forever.

Val meets every definition of a an 80s Man style Character Troll and he had over 5000 posts. That's why Val is King Troll.

If Wendy_Lou_Who had stuck around long enough, while still posing as a woman, he would've given Val a run for his money.

MCET really isn't a troll. Now, if there were a full fledged Chrissy Everett poster here then maybe MCET could've been considered to be trolling but as it's stood MCET has not used the MCET nic to post like a singular persona caricature....

------------------
    Didn't we know? Didn't we feel it?

Time, it seemed to stop outside our window...As we ran down the freeway, to be free.....of everthing...

Inactive Member Van [down by the river]'s Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry Cuda, but it was Val of the over 5000 posts Valvenis that admitted his trolling to me.

S'okay, you gravy trained off the shrivelled sack of a troll. No biggie! (Somehow you need to keep convincing yourself that it wasn't a troll whose shrivelled sack you gravy trained off of, and I don't see how that helps you any....But that's just me. Troll or no troll, I'd never nurse off some moron's nutsack but if it comforts you to believe that at least it was an authentic sack and not a troll's sack than hey, knock yourself out...)

------------------
    Didn't we know? Didn't we feel it?

Time, it seemed to stop outside our window...As we ran down the freeway, to be free.....of everthing...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

~bump~

Oh the memories...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^^^ &RACK

Van, our disagreement amounts to the difference between Trolling, and Troll.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678