Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

My heart is pounding like it did 6 months ago while I'm watching CBS tonight.

Holy FUCK

One of you motherfuckers better fuckin hold me... forums

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

It put me back into that Zombie sort of state I felt like for weeks after this happened. If watching those heroes in action didn't put a lump in your throat, then you're not human.

Or you're stoned.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Watching all those guys keep their heads, staying cool, handling their business...fuckin MEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I raise my glass!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it cheapened the event.

Sure the filming was cool, and i certainly don't wish death on anyone, but that fire hall was too happy for such sadness. Granted they had a lot to be happy about.

Nevermind. I retract my previous statements.

If the money wasn't better where i am headed, i'd want to be a firefighter!

Inactive Member Patty In Modesto's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I, too, felt a little stressed after watching the doc. The audio was fukken chilling. Hearing the bodies drop and the building crumble was just plain scary

Props to the NYPD, FDNY, Port Authority and all the EMS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

seeing the firemen in the lobby of tower one, made you just want to scream "get the fuck out!"

OMG... i was mesmerized by the show.

what a class job by CBS and NEXTEL. the commercials were very few and very classy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Adept:
    I think it cheapened the event.

Sure the filming was cool, and i certainly don't wish death on anyone, but that fire hall was too happy for such sadness. Granted they had a lot to be happy about.

Nevermind. I retract my previous statements.

</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too late, you should have backspaced instead of backpeddaling!! How Viperesque of you.

Exactly how did those guys seem happy? Relieved to see their friends and co-workers? Hell yeah they were. They understand more than just getting hammered with the guys like you. Did you notice that many of those guys broke down and cried each time one of their own showed up back at the house? I didn't see any of them cracking open a 6 pack or anything, I saw them catching their breath, regrouping and trying to get the fuck back out there.

Maybe you're reffering to that evening when they were recounting their experiences? I am going to make a guess and suggest that maybe they were in a little bit of shock and uncertainty and had to keep their heads together to keep going back to that hell. Trying to deal with the intense pressure they had come out of would account for a nervous chuckle or two to ease tensions.

Sorry if the event was cheapend for YOU. You seem to fancy yourself quite the mind, quoting from your Econ books and profs all the time but you obviously have a lot to learn about the world outside of your snowbank.

I thought you were gonna bring a stronger element to the board at first, but you've relegated yourself to posting on every damn thread you see regardless if you have anything to offer and are fast on your way to knocking Viper out of the nominations for board bitch.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PrimeX:
    It put me back into that Zombie sort of state I felt like for weeks after this happened. If watching those heroes in action didn't put a lump in your throat, then you're not human.

Or you're stoned.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, leave me out of this!

Sincerely,
    Smackie Chan

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted