Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Question That Will Require a Very Brief Read...

Inactive Member Dinsdale_Piranha's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's the deal:

I don't do racial battles, and if ever I decide to change my policy, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be over something that happened 80 years or more ago. Anyone with half a brain or more knows that in that era, African-Americans were treated poorly, and very few whites gave them an equal chance to succeed.

NEWS FLASH!!! RACISM WAS RAMPANT IN THE US IN THE LATE 1800'S Details at 11.

Maybe if we keep discussing it ad nauseum, we can really get into a heated battle, and further polarize the races in our country. Great plan.

This has been my first and last post on racial matters. I will respond no more, unless of course there's some epic grammarsmack to be run, or some petty name calling to be done. But if it gets YOU through the day, more power to you, dude.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's no shame in being a Colonel. His service record is commendable. No doubt he had done more to merit a star than some and less than others. Regardless, I would consider his a successful career for an officer of any color considering the small size of the Army at the time.

That's the problem with people of your ilk. You seem to think you deserve to catapulted to the top of the heap for no reason other than of the color of your skin.

If Young was white, he wouldn't even be an asterisk on a footnote at the bottom of the page of a book nobody ever read....and nobody would be complaining that he didn't make Brigadier.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tard Busters- You are correct. I guess the proper long-form of was not, is really wasn ot.

Next time better wear lipstick on your ass if you're going to talk out of it and be a bitch at the same time.

Inactive Member Dinsdale_Piranha's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PSSSST! RC.......

I ran a little weak grammarsmack, you ran some back....all good.

But, before you persue the matter any further, you might want to mix in a Webster's.

~~Bet the rent I proofread that like a MoFo~~

------------------
    Maybe not for her, but who cares?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You failed to answer the question mvscal forums

Review what was written by Smackie. The question was answered and he managed to not make it about the poster. Even if it kills me,I'm going to teach you boys proper manners and how to lose your anger forums

I've never met a Colonel who was happy about retiring a Colonel. Their conversations are usually bitter with themes like, "the shit became too political," or the ever popular,"The quotas kept me from making it."

------------------

[This message has been edited by indexhb (edited January 11, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by east coast:
    These crossiant pocket things....philly steak and cheese....really pretty good.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, but watch out you don't leave them in the microwave too long- the insides get hotter than lava & the flaky crossiant shell gets harder than inkydave's cock when he visits the Bear in the Big Blue House Chat Room

------------------
    Inky Dave: Who gave out their password?
    Inky Dave: You drunk.
    MrJackola: You are obsessed with the board to an odd point
    MrJackola: almost a dementia
    MrJackola: bizarre

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by indexhb:
    For me,Colonel Charles Young has always been one of the more interesting figures during the long controversial process of assimilating minorities into the Armed Forces. He paved the way for Ben Davis, Chappie James and later Colin Powell. The story of his horseback ride form Chicago to D.C. to prove he was fit to receive his one-star is part of African-American lore.

My question is--Was it racism that caused Young not to be promoted to General, or did his one critical mistake in Haiti serve as a discriminator more so than race?
    http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscrape.../cyoung.htm#pt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2099/2099844.html

------------------
    <A HREF="http://160.79.129.225/waves/10110/fart3112.wav" TARGET=_blank>Click on this for what I really think of you!

</A>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dinsdale_Piranha:
    [B]PSSSST! RC.......

I ran a little weak grammarsmack, you ran some back....all good.

Yeah. But you did pick up on the sarcasm and purposefully-butchered words in my post right? Right?

But, before you persue the matter any further, you might want to mix in a Webster's.

Will do Haas. Still waiting for Columbia House books to deliver the latest, hepcat edition. You know, the one that has all the kewl, modren colloquial words like, "hottie" in it?

~~Bet the rent I proofread that like a MoFo~~

You mean your rent? Im down with you sleeping on my couch for maybe a week dude. But stay the fuck away from my beer fridge.

Ok. This is getting petty as hell. Ill keep my nose out of it from here on out. You win forums

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R.C. Collins:
    Tard Busters- You are correct. I guess the proper long-form of was not, is really wasn ot.

Next time better wear lipstick on your ass if you're going to talk out of it and be a bitch at the same time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ladies & gentlemen, may I present to you, the very definition of kicking one's own ass.

Thank you Mr. Collins.

------------------
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.

[This message has been edited by Tard Busters (edited January 11, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by indexhb:
    I've never met a Colonel who was happy about retiring a Colonel. Their conversations are usually bitter with themes like, "the shit became too political," or the ever popular,"The quotas kept me from making it."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you ever met someone who snickered at the career of somebody who "only made it to Colonel"?

Maybe it was racial, maybe it was personal, maybe he was a fuck up. His career simply isn't remarkable enough to make a case that it was blatant racism.

Let me ask you a question. If Young was a white officer with the identical record, would you think it suspicious that he didn't make Brigadier?

------------------

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast